Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    oh. my. gawd. lol. Here's one about men and leggings! Hehehehe

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    oh. my. gawd. lol. Here's one about men and leggings! Hehehehe
    Oh yes, I'd emailed that one to my husband asking if he is man enough.

I am I've been happily using Tarte Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer in Agent 04 which disappeared flawlessly on my skin. Just enough coverage, plus SPF plus some moisturizing action. Great. Have been running low and so re-ordered from Sephora.

Some new repackaged thing called BB cream arrived, in Agent 04 but considerably lighter in color which no longer matches my skin. Ugh. And they had just repackaged it over the summer. Now I have to drag my eagle-eyed SIL to Sephora with me. She matches product to my skin tone like no make up artist can and she is the one who found Smooth Operator 4 for me.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Worst fashion of 2012. Has to be seen to be believed.
    I will not accept a worst fashions list that doesn't include those awful, awful high heel sneakers and mullet skirts/dresses.

But this list is just
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    While we're talking about foundation... I am in desperate need of new foundation. Right now I'm using a Shiseido one which I like but the bottle sucks. I can't travel with it because it leaks. I have combination skin and it's really, really pale (I glow under black light) meaning that most drugstore brands don't come light enough. I like my foundation light and usually favour liquid foundations. Ideas?
    If you don't mind mineral foundation, there are a bunch of smaller indie companies who make a very full range of colours. My current foundations are from Meow Cosmetics, where I could actually find a good match for my weird Caspar pale, yet more warm than cool toned skin. Their eye shadows and blushes are also very good. Their site looks like a scary throwback from the late 1990ies, but don't let that deter you!

vCash
    I looked at the Benefit foundation too, and all of the colors are way too yellow for me, especially the very pale ones. I think I will stick with my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but I need to switch to the oil-free formula. Why has my skin gone from combination to oily at 45?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    From my post earlier in this thread:

Lancôme's new anti-aging product, Rénergie Éclat Multi-Lift. In addition to the anti-aging property, it comes in several different tints, so it can be used in place of foundation if used with powder. I haven't tried this yet, but once I do, I will report on how well it works and if it's worth getting.
    I finally tried this, and it is FAB -- it's the Renergie lifting moisturizer that is not just a tint, but is in fact more like a foundation -- basically two steps in one. After applying my usual "under moisturizer" stuff, I used this instead of applying my daytime moisturizer and then foundation (the one I normally use is a powder foundation), and then applied a bit of translucent powder with a brush to set it.

I found that it works a lot better in that it had great staying power -- it took a lot longer for any of my usual shine to appear, and it never felt like my makeup was sliding off of my face (which is what it always seems like it's doing whenever I use moisturizer and foundation).

The only drawback is that it only comes in three shades. I'm somewhere between a 1 and a 2 (and I'm definitely pale-skinned).

I definitely recomment it -- not only because it works, but also because you don't have to buy two products to achieve the same results/effects.

I also discovered a great new product by Modèle (I've been using their Collagen Lip Treatment for about three years now) - it's an spot anti-aging mask/peel (spot meaning that it's applied only to areas that need it rather than the entire face). I received two samples of it that came with the collagen lip treatment I ordered from them last month (which is one seriously kickass product - over time, it gradually fills in and slowly adds fullness to the lips without it looking weird, fake, or like you've applied a plumper).

What sucks is that for some reason, Modèle decided to stop distribution/sales here in the US , so I now have to order it from their website (in Canada). The lip treatment is $30.00 USD, and I took a look on ebay to see what it was going for on that site, and the few seller that had it were higher than that price (!!) and people were in bidding wars for it.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash

While we're talking about foundation... I am in desperate need of new foundation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    If you don't mind mineral foundation, there are a bunch of smaller indie companies who make a very full range of colours. My current foundations are from Meow Cosmetics, where I could actually find a good match for my weird Caspar pale, yet more warm than cool toned skin. Their eye shadows and blushes are also very good. Their site looks like a scary throwback from the late 1990ies, but don't let that deter you!
    Oh, if you're interested in trying indie mineral foundation, here is a Canadian company based in BC: Affera Cosmetics.

They are having a one day sale on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 - 70% off.

They also offer a 5 for $5 sampler (you can pick five samples, includes shipping.) If you read all the foundation descriptions, you might be able to narrow it down to 2 or 3 and then use the other 2 or 3 for eyeshadows.

If you have small plastic or glass jars at home, those will be handy, as the samples just come in a small ziploc bag as pictured. And mineral foundation calls for a kabuki brush (although a big blush brush might suffice if you're not invested in the whole mineral system yet?)

I haven't even used up my samples yet, that reminds me.

vCash
    I have bleach all over my hair right now. I'm going Atomic Pink by Special Effects. I bleached and pinked it in November and adore it so now I'm taking it completely pink. I stay home with the kids and my only other daily commitments are working out at the gym and helping out at their schools so this is the right time. Wheee! BTW, I have some box black hair dye in case it's a disaster,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I use Wen cleansing Conditioner, which is not a shampoo. The trick is to scrub, scrub, scrub.. A lot of people don't and that's probably why they have the oily problem.
    I got some WEN the day before yesterday. I, too, am a scrubber. But is there any particular point that scrubbing is super-duper important? Like when rinsing before using, after rinsing it out, etc.? I'm used to scrubbing with the product in and then rinsing....

I like the results so far, my curls are not frizzy like normal, but I don't want my hair to fall out. I read on the QVC forum where someone uses a clarifying shampoo once a week or so to make sure to get the scalp nice and clean. Do you do that?
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

vCash
    I don't. I scrub when I put in the product, then I comb it through with a wide-tooth comb and pile it on my head while I was my face and body, then stick my head back under briefly, and then scrub for a minute or so. (good arm workout as well )

And I've been doing this for almost 14 months now with no problems.

vCash
    I've also heard of issues with Wen users experiencing hair loss after several months of usage, but I've been using the DevaCurl No Poo for over 8 months now and I have the same amount of hair shedding that I did when I was using sulfate shampoos.
    And scrubbing is important because that action is key to picking up all the excess dirt, oil, and product build up on the scalp. I actually went as Ursula for Halloween and used a bunch of silver and white hairspray on my head, and I was able to get all of it off the next day with my NoPoo and lots of scrubbing.
    And I'm sure this question has been asked before, but does anyone have a favorite dark spot correcting product? I recently had a huge zit on my cheek and it has left a scar. I've tried some products but I was curious to see if anyone had any recommendations.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I was introduced to this hair product this week. I love it! My keratin treatment has been wearing out and the hair was getting into its old funk--frizzy and dry but I was hesitant to book another treatment--expensive but also, my hair was kinda dull after the last few treatments. Plus I am starting to miss my natural wave.

This product solves the dullness, dryness and frizziness problem beautifully. And at this price, which isn't cheap, it's still a better deal than keratin at a salon. Two pumps every 2 days after washing/conditioning is all I need. Check it out, oh frizzy ones! Silky, smooth and shiny hair we all want. I could do with a little less scent or a more subtle and natural one but oh well, still a really good product.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    The reason that users of Wen (and other sulfate free products) lose their hair is because they don't scrub enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    The reason that users of Wen (and other sulfate free products) lose their hair is because they don't scrub enough.
    Can you explain the purpose of scrubbing the scalp? I have always done it but I thought everyone did. I use Giovanni products (the Direct Leave In conditioner is the best detangler ever and I hVd course curly hair!) and DevaCurl No-Poo about once every 6 weeks.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    The sulfates (as I understand it) are what lift the dirt and oil and stuff off your scalp, so if you are using a shampoo that doesn't have sulfates, you need to make sure you are scrubbing the scalp to remove that stuff. Otherwise, the pores get clogged and bad stuff starts to happen.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    I have bleach all over my hair right now. I'm going Atomic Pink by Special Effects. I bleached and pinked it in November and adore it so now I'm taking it completely pink. I stay home with the kids and my only other daily commitments are working out at the gym and helping out at their schools so this is the right time. Wheee! BTW, I have some box black hair dye in case it's a disaster,
    Cool! Atomic Pink is the pink that *really* refuses to budge, so I hope you enjoyed the result! I'm currently going back to Hot Lava by Special Effects, since the repeat henna-ing is making my hair way too dark. There's nothing wrong with cherry coke coloured hair, but it doesn't really work with my complexion. I'm putting the sfx over the top of my natural hair + the henna, so it won't go overly bright though.

INTJ
    vCash
    I dyed my dark blond hair a dark brown and now I'm in serious need of a product to darken my eyebrows to match. I don't want to tint them, I'd rather use a pencil or powder or something. Any suggestions?
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    I dyed my dark blond hair a dark brown and now I'm in serious need of a product to darken my eyebrows to match. I don't want to tint them, I'd rather use a pencil or powder or something. Any suggestions?
    Benefit makes a great brow pencil, as well as a brow gel. Both are available in generic "blonde" and "brown." I use the brown in both (I love them!) and they're very lightly pigmented. It might be similar to what you're looking for.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    So now that Tarte has been naughty again and repackaged their TM, I ventured out into the world of BB cream. As mentioned previously, I got cornered by a Nordstrom Bobbi Brown lady who put their BB cream on me in Medium. I liked it--it's thicker, creamier than the TM, melts into my skin well. I got a Sephora gift card for the holidays (my peeps know me well!) and used it to get it online. I like that it's SPF 35 vs. Tarte that only had 20.

What is your favorite BB cream, glamour pusses?

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Well, I'm annoyed that just when I'm leaving on a long trip and need small-size Lancome thingys, their only GWP is at Saks and requires spending $80. Oh well, I need more Visionnaire anyway and I think I'll invest in a mascara. They still make the best mascaras out there as far as I'm concerned but I usually don't spend the money.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast