Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    62F here in San Francisco. Meh.

That Required Reading bag is from a previous season. There are some cute Kate Spade bags from previous seasons on eBay.

Right now she has none that I think are cute.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    62F here in San Francisco. Meh.
    Jealous! It was about 100F in Pleasanton today! Yuck.

vCash
    Heat proof makeup tutorial by Lisa Eldridge (I love her work.)

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/25...keup-tutorial/

I've been using GOSH Forever eye shadow sticks (waterproof) lately with a little bit of eye primer underneath and they do last forever. I have light copper and a sandy/taupey one (I forget the name.) They are shimmery but not too much disco diva-ish.
    I'm not sure if you can purchase those in the US but you can in Europe and at Shoppers DrugMart in Canada.

I also find that the Maybelline Color Tatoos last a long time on your eyes and are heat proof.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Heat proof makeup tutorial by Lisa Eldridge (I love her work.)

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/25...keup-tutorial/

I've been using GOSH Forever eye shadow sticks (waterproof) lately with a little bit of eye primer underneath and they do last forever. I have light copper and a sandy/taupey one (I forget the name.) They are shimmery but not too much disco diva-ish.
    I'm not sure if you can purchase those in the US but you can in Europe and at Shoppers DrugMart in Canada.

I also find that the Maybelline Color Tatoos last a long time on your eyes and are heat proof.
    I haven't tried the Gosh pencils yet-- I wasn't sure about the colours. But as a cream eye shadow fan, I'll have to bump them up the list.

Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows are hit and miss, I find. Some colours are great, but others crease up very quickly.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I haven't tried the Gosh pencils yet-- I wasn't sure about the colours. But as a cream eye shadow fan, I'll have to bump them up the list.

Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows are hit and miss, I find. Some colours are great, but others crease up very quickly.
    I love cream shadows too. The Clinique chubby sticks are my favourite but I've been wanting to try the Gosh pencils as well.

I've been experimenting with pastel nail polish lately. I'm very much a red/pink/purple/berry kind of nail girl, so this is a big change for me. Today my nails are a pastel lilac and I LOVE it. The pastel blue on my toenails, not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I love cream shadows too. The Clinique chubby sticks are my favourite but I've been wanting to try the Gosh pencils as well.
    I think Gosh has new ones, to boot. I wasn't sure how wearable the colours are, so I've been waiting for them to go on sale at SDM. But that never seems to happen...
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Oooh, thanks! I'll check the spray out!
    I would suggest you rather try out Skindinavia . they are the original manufacturer of Urban Decay spray and they offer better deals.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    One of the beauty gurus of youtube is a successful businesswoman: https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/beauty-...061783533.html
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    One of the beauty gurus of youtube is a successful businesswoman: https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/beauty-...061783533.html
    I have lots of respect for Michelle. She's a very talented young lady. I was completely surprised (pleasantly) when I saw her doing Dr Pepper commercials. I haven't had a chance to buy any of her products from her line, yet.

YouTube has been very profitable for a number of beauty gurus. I am a huge fan of Marlena of MakeupGeek....I just purchased some of her eyeshadows and blushes because all of the beauty community has been raving about the phenomenal prices and pigmentation. I can't wait to check them out up close and personal!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Michelle Phans makeup line is very generic and really nothing special. While I admire her success, her online persona is staged. It is quite obvious to those who were following her since her first videos and blog. She was famous for not putting disclaimers on sponsored videos and a fiasco lying about FDA approval of her skincare line made in Asia.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I was never able to get into Michelle Phan's videos since they were so rehearsed.

I have some Real Techniques makeup brushes (the line done by the Pixiwoo sisters) and they are pretty fabulous. The Expert Face brush is truly awesome.

http://realtechniques.com/shop-colle...ert-face-brush

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I have lots of respect for Michelle. She's a very talented young lady. I was completely surprised (pleasantly) when I saw her doing Dr Pepper commercials. I haven't had a chance to buy any of her products from her line, yet.

YouTube has been very profitable for a number of beauty gurus. I am a huge fan of Marlena of MakeupGeek....I just purchased some of her eyeshadows and blushes because all of the beauty community has been raving about the phenomenal prices and pigmentation. I can't wait to check them out up close and personal!
    I don't recall seeing Phan's tutorials. Let us know how you like Marlena's stuff.

As an aside, Marlena is usually an Eastern European name which is a combination of Marx+Lenin in the feminine form. I have a male relative named Marlen.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I was never able to get into Michelle Phan's videos since they were so rehearsed.

I have some Real Techniques makeup brushes (the line done by the Pixiwoo sisters) and they are pretty fabulous. The Expert Face brush is truly awesome.

http://realtechniques.com/shop-colle...ert-face-brush
    I recently puchased the stippling brush and it is excellent.

vCash
    I'm testing out a new mascara this week.

I got Too Faced 'Better than Sex' mascara as a 100 point perk last week.

(FTR, I still like the Guerlain but it does thicken up in the tube over time which is starting to peeve me off a bit...)

Anyhoo....this is day 2 for the Too Faced.

So far, I love the brush. It is a huge, bristle, hourglass shaped brush. Gives lots of volume and some length. Volume and length are comparable to Guerlain MaxiLash and Benefit's They're Real.

I haven't seen any flaking, but did notice some smudging when I went to remove it before bed last night.

It removes very easily. More easily than either Guerlain MaxiLash or Benefit's They're Real (which is like the devil to remove...lol!)

So far so good...I am liking it for sure.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Awesome! Thanks, will keep this one in mind. I have been trying out Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes on vacation as an alternative to the dramatic yet hard to remove They're Real.

Also, do you tightline your eyes? This is what it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHk3KD-PZyE

from Speedy Death

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748