Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

vCash
    My mom uses Meaningful Beauty. She seems to think it's okay, but maybe it's just cheaper than the stuff she used to use?
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Vaseline has a prominent role in lots of our beauty regimens, but I can't justify this!

http://www.shopkitson.com/index.php?...oduct&id=22183
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    oh my god it is the most beautiful thing i have seen today
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Pretty! But my Aquafor will have to do.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    id be much more likely to buy it if the vaseline label came off
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I am looking for a Violet based fragrance, almost a single note. Any suggestions?

vCash
    So it sounds like BB creams can run the spectrum between tinted mousturizer and foundation. I've previously worn Smashbox tinted moisturizer and loved it- sheer coverage, lightweight, doesn't make me break out (I have combo, acne-prone skin). But now that's no longer available- the salesperson at ULTA said the Smashbox BB cream is similar to their TM but I was hesitant to shell out the $ in case I didn't like it. Anyone have experience with this? Any other recommendations for TM-like BB creams would be appreciated too...thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    So it sounds like BB creams can run the spectrum between tinted mousturizer and foundation. I've previously worn Smashbox tinted moisturizer and loved it- sheer coverage, lightweight, doesn't make me break out (I have combo, acne-prone skin). But now that's no longer available- the salesperson at ULTA said the Smashbox BB cream is similar to their TM but I was hesitant to shell out the $ in case I didn't like it. Anyone have experience with this? Any other recommendations for TM-like BB creams would be appreciated too...thanks!
    My local Sephora store is fairly generous with samples; if you have a local Sephora, you might try getting a sample of the Smashbox BB cream.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    For anyone looking for ways to save on cosmetics, I've found that the website RetailMeNot.com often has good deals and/or coupons for Ulta and Sephora. I have found that the only drawback is that if you're registered with them, you will get bombarded with emails -- granted, they definitely have some good deals with several stores and companies; I'd just prefer to be sent one email each week rather than four or five .

Anyway, regarding cosmetics, right now they have several coupons (both printable and coupon codes) for Ulta and Sephora. Some of the deals (there are way more than the few listed below) are:

At Ulta:

- Smashbox Full Exposure Palette For $49
    - $3.50 Off $10+ In-Store & Online
    - Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Select Products
    - 35% Off All Professional Skin Treatments

At Sephora:

- 2 Free Deluxe Mini Samples With $25+ Purchase
    - Free Deluxe Mystery Gift + Free Shipping (with $25.00 purchase)
    - Free Lancome Skincare Samples On $25+ Purchase
    - 3 Free Samples With Any Purchase
    - Free Subscription To Vogue Magazine
    - Free Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate 7 Day Sampler On $25+ Purchase

For all of the nail-polish junkies, I talked to my at Lancome, and she said that the company has changed the formulation or whatever it's called for their nail colors because they were receiving all kinds of negative feedback about it chipping, flaking, etc. I'm not really into the whole mani/pedi thing, but MiniCyn is, and she now lurves their nail polish (she used to hate it).

I've been wanting one of the Clarisonic Mia devices for a long time, but it's way out of my price range these days (and neither Santa nor Hannukah Harry received my letters ), so I did the next best thing (at least for me ). I used a coupon for 20% off at CVS and $10.00 of their reward bucks to purchase the similar device made by Olay Pro-X, and I absolutely love it. LOVE. IT. .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Thanks for the head's up, Cyn! I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas and I'm dying to use it. I seldom shop there lately unless it's for a gift. So if I can make it go farther...

I've been using Arbonne skincare lately. Has anyone else tried it? I had free samples this summer and a friend sells it. I'm actually really, really impressed with the items I've been using so far.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I just got this for $4.50 at Target today: http://content.eyeslipsface.com/gall...g.45036.24.jpg
    Full link the product: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/e...shadow_palette

ELF eyeshadows are a bit tricky to work with (you must use a primer and using a quality eyeshadow under it helps too), but you can't bet 150 shades for that price.

vCash
    I HATE blow drying my hair. Yet I like smooth straight hair. Any suggestions on the world's fastest blow dryer? I have a ceramic ionic thing but I just would like to cut down on the time the routine takes. I'm willing to spend $. Thanks in advance.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    I dont know you skin tone, but considering you have acne-prone, oily skin -and if you are fair-medium, you should give asian BB creams a look. They are MUCH better than western BB creams, are mostly made for oily, acne prone skin because women in asia mostly have such problems, have mid-high broad spectrum SPF and you can almost find one to wash your dishes too

Asian brands are very popular now so there are many swatches online that are comparable to products that you can find in regular Ulta/drugstore.

I am from Croatia and buy mine on ebay from SOuth Korea from great sellers and even with shipping it is worth it.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont know if you live near a korean market, but i bought a couple there. that way, you can see the colors in person. or in my case, eunice will tell you that "this is the one for the white people."

vCash
    which brand in particular is good?

vCash
    I need an Asian one. I have super oily skin, and while Clinique's BB cream does well, it would be nice to have one that held up longer. I am shiny by noon. (all other BB creams last until about 9 am )

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    I tried the whole BB cream thing, but I still feel that I need moisturizer + SPF + concealer/foundation/powder.
    I'm really liking the Avène Tinted Emulsion. SPF 50+ , dry touch. Finally found something with color that works on my super pale skin and actually survived the crazy hot summer we had here.
    Also loving their thermal water spray.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    I have normal skin, with shiny Tzone and some acne. in Mac I am NW10-15, but my perfect match is in Mac Face and Body N1 (40%) mixed with white (60%). I guess I am a good mix of everything, as long as the foundation is light enough it will match me because my neck is white. I am not being dramatic. So in Bobbi Brown I am 0 Porcelain (that "lighter" shade is makes me look like I am from Twilight), in Revlon Colorstay I am 110 Ivory, Photoready 001 Ivory and when I must whoot professional HD videos I use Graftobian cream foundation in Graceful swan (love that name).

I've tired several korean brands.
    My very first was Etude House. It was just amazing. All I had to do was powder my nose. Everything else was just very good. Etude House has several types of BB creams. Some are better for acne prone skin, some have more anti aging properties etc. I had the old formula and it was very good, but the new one did not agree with me personally.

Second one was from Holika Holika. That one was a little too dark, but somehow it sank in and I still use it.

Third one was was very famous Missha (the red packaging). I hated this one. The lightest shade oxidized so badly I was orange.

The one I liked the best was from Elisha Coy Gold Mineral. I had 15ml packaging & used it up in 5 weeks while I was in Rome last year. It had high enough SPF that I did not need to bother for sun cream for my face.

I had bunch of testers from Skin 79 bb creams and I enjoy all of those. I plan to buy one of them when I order next time.

Also - if you are looking for under eye corrector and know about that Bobbi Broown one, consider checking out Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream. Watch some youtube videos with this thing. It will blow your mind. I've been using my 10 g jar for 2 years. It has properties of an eye cream and it cancels out purple darkness under eyes.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    my favorite one is by terry hyaluronic face glow i also like the josie maran matchmaker serum foundation, which imo is way too light to be called foundation. my favorite of the korean ones i tried was the skin 79. i also hate the missha.

vCash
    A Holika Holika store opened up near my office! I love the sheet masks and jelly blush I bought there. They have so many BB Creams, I'm not sure I want to buy the $45 one. The cheaper ones all look a bit orange or grey on me save the anti-ageing one, so maybe I'll try it. Otherwise, I'm still using the Smashbox BB Cream, and I love the slightly higher SPF in it.

I hate sun screen on my face if it's not in my makeup/moisturiser. It's as if I can feel it on all day. I'm thinking of trying a powder sunscreen this summer - has anyone tried one?

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast