Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I just got this and I love it. I didn't find a flawless match (right shade is a tiny bit too pink), but it's good for both undereyes and acne spots. Very high pigmentation so you only need a teensy bit - it'll last forever which is excellent considering the price

Cyn, have you tried Alpha Hydrox products? They make 10% glycolic acid. Not sure about masks/scrubs but I really like their AHA souffle.

Also do you have a makeup alley account that's open for swapping? I found someone who has your C. Booth product: http://www.makeupalley.com/swap/detail.asp/sid=8251258/
    I've never heard of that brand before -- I just googled it and will definitely check it out.

Although I'm registered with an account at MUA, I only joined about two months ago and haven't ever done anything there other than lurk, so I'm pretty clueless about how their whole swapping thing works. Thanks for the tip -- I'll try to get in touch with that person and see if we can work something out.

ETA: I was just at CVS, and this week they have some ridiculous deals going on with their cosmetics -- spend $10 on Physician's Formula products and get $6 in reward bucks back. They also have ones going for L'Oreal and Cover Girl, but the reward dollars for those are, IIRC, $3. MiniCyn likes the PF bronzer, which is $11.99, so I got her that and with the reward bucks coupon on the purchase receipt, it ended up costing $5.99. Not a bad deal at all.

vCash
    Deleted
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Having directed high school drama and used Ben Nye on kids for stage, I cannot imagine using it for normal daily make up. Yikes!
    I have seen countless YT gurus use the face powders. I am always impressed when someone who is NW 50 (my shade, about the same color as Oprah) can use the banana powder. It is supposedly transparent. It is so cheap but I can't bring myself to try it.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I wish I could wear stuff that would conceal my under-eye circles, but I have such massive bags with wrinkles (thanks, genetics!) it doesn't really help much at all. I also wish I could find a decent foundation. No matter what it is, or what type it is, my skin on my chin and nose flake when I wear it, even when I've just used some moisturizer.
    I recently bought the Bobbi Brown under eye corrector and love it. I don't know what would help with under eye bags - do you have bad seasonal allergies? I know that when my hay fever is particularly bad, my under eye circles are much bigger. I know that I've also used tea bags on my eyes to help them go down.

As for face powder, I've used Clinique for years -both the Superpower and the Stay Matte - and lived them both. I also used Shiseido Sun Protection Compact Foundation which was great.

Anyone got a good Mascara rec? I used to use the Benefit They're Real, but I'm a little over it. I bought Makeup Forever's Smoky Extravagant Mascara but I'm not crazy about the brush. I have thin, short lashes so anything that creates the illusion of volume is my friend

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I use They're Real and love it but have heard great things about MAC Haute & Naughty Lash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I lurk in this thread sometimes and you all are a wealth of knowledge- I need a better under eye concealer so I'll have to check a few of these out!

I need some fragrance recommendations- I've worn Gap Dream for years and am ready for something new- plus DH isn't really a fan (he has allergies and some scents just don't work for him). I'd like something floral and light. Any ideas? I thought about even trying a scented oil...

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    I lurk in this thread sometimes and you all are a wealth of knowledge- I need a better under eye concealer so I'll have to check a few of these out!

I need some fragrance recommendations- I've worn Gap Dream for years and am ready for something new- plus DH isn't really a fan (he has allergies and some scents just don't work for him). I'd like something floral and light. Any ideas? I thought about even trying a scented oil...
    lemon sugar by fresh, and really any fresh perfume is good for people who are sensitive to scents
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I started using Revlon's Lip Butter in Fig Jam this weekend and I'm loving it!

I still haven't tried out Ben Nye's Banana Powder, I'll have to buy a samples (whatever the smallest size available is) when I need to buy some more Mehron foundation. I use so little of the foundation though so it will be a long time from now.

vCash
    I've started using clensing conditioners. L'Oreal has one that's decent, but I'm giving HairOne a try (from Sally Beauty). I'm not impressed so far, and I'm wondering if Wen is worth trying next? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Anyone got a good Mascara rec? I used to use the Benefit They're Real, but I'm a little over it. I bought Makeup Forever's Smoky Extravagant Mascara but I'm not crazy about the brush. I have thin, short lashes so anything that creates the illusion of volume is my friend
    Covergirl's Flamed Out Lash Blast is AWESOME. I've been fairly anti-CG mascaras (well, makeup, really) since I was 16-17, but I'm loving this one. No clumps, seems to keep a curl better than anything I use, and solid length & volume.

In other news, I want every product in Sephora Favourites Super stars kit this year. Might have to treat myself soon!
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I love Wen. I have tried to use cheaper ones, and the L'Oreal is probably the best of the bunch. But it's still not Wen.

Wen is a bit of work to use; I would get a small bottle first and try it. I now get the giant one ($187 ) but I have baby fine hair and it lasts me about 14 months.

vCash
    I like Wen too. It makes my hair feel and look (and smell!) amazing! I find I don't need nearly as much as the instructions on the bottle say.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I was given a present in the form of a Korean skin care product, brand name doctorcos and the product is called Amino Acid Hybrid Sheet Free Mask Advanced. Pretty much everything else is in Korean, including the list of ingredients. The only source of info in English was this eBay posting:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/doctorcos-Am...-/170929086049

Is anyone familiar with the brand? Recommend?

I like this one: http://www.sephora.com/quercetin-oak...?skuId=1324573. And this one: http://www.sephora.com/boi-ing-P1273?skuId=1073980

I also like using a luminizer on top of the concealer to diffuse the light. I can recommend some if you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    lemon sugar by fresh, and really any fresh perfume is good for people who are sensitive to scents
    what mlp said. fresh is a lovely brand. Their limited edition Strawberry Flowers was the lightest of florals with the signature fresh delicate citrus note.

Notes per fragrantica: This sparkling fruity-floral blend of opulent natural nuances introduces breezes of mandarin, yuzu and white peach in top notes. A heart introduces freesia, orange blossom, mountain strawberry and osmanthus blossom, while base notes incorporate musk, woody accords and iris root. http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/F...wers-4979.html

Not sure if this one is still around but fresh has many lovely fragrances that are worth a trip to Sephora. Come to think of it, you should chose your concealer in person too.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 10-26-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i have a new thing. for those who are cant use oil on their face, peter thomas roth oilless oil purified squalane. it is like an oil in how it moisturizes but has no smell soaks right in with no residue. i got a full sized sample a few wks ago. it doesnt even look like it has been opened yet. so the $34 goes a long way.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Check this out, Glamour Pusses: art made from make up! I think it's very cool.

http://blog.sfgate.com/cityexposed/2...st/#17568101=0

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Bumping this up to ask for ideas...

My hair is the longest it has been in my entire life, now. It has started to be dry and tangly again--which is the reason I always cut it off before it got this long.

It occurs to me that when it was long years ago, I used a deep conditioner once a week or so. I think I used Joico's K-Pak. Not even sure they make that anymore and it was expensive back then.

So does anyone have recommendation for a good deep conditioner for long fine (but rather thick) hair? Preferably something reasonably priced.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    My hair isn't fine, but the Neutrogena Triple Moisture mask is at drugstores, really reasonably priced and it makes a significant difference to my hair, used once a week. Curlymops ALWAYS have dry hair and going into heating season it's going to be worse, so I may go to twice a week.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Pantene makes a leave in conditioner that's pretty good. Wen tends to dry out my ends, so I use that whenever I remember to put it on....

Fashion question: I have two cute navy skirts. I have navy tights. Can I wear black shoes with this outfit? or do I need to find navy shoes and do a neutral colored tight? Brown shoes?

This is why I just usually stick with black, but both skirts are so damn cute...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Pantene makes a leave in conditioner that's pretty good. Wen tends to dry out my ends, so I use that whenever I remember to put it on....

Fashion question: I have two cute navy skirts. I have navy tights. Can I wear black shoes with this outfit? or do I need to find navy shoes and do a neutral colored tight? Brown shoes?

This is why I just usually stick with black, but both skirts are so damn cute...
    Dang it...we just got a case of free Pantene conditioner, but not the leave-in. I hated the one we got when I tried it.

I think black shoes are okay with navy. But maybe a neutral tight. With a neutral tight, you could do black or dark brown.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post

it depends, will you be wearing anything else with the skirt and tights? awfully cold to be topless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Bumping this up to ask for ideas...

My hair is the longest it has been in my entire life, now. It has started to be dry and tangly again--which is the reason I always cut it off before it got this long.

It occurs to me that when it was long years ago, I used a deep conditioner once a week or so. I think I used Joico's K-Pak. Not even sure they make that anymore and it was expensive back then.

So does anyone have recommendation for a good deep conditioner for long fine (but rather thick) hair? Preferably something reasonably priced.
    I use L'Oreal EverCreme Deep Nourishing Masque, which I love! I have very long, thick, hair that I wash nearly every day and is subject to a lot of heat styling, and this masque leaves it so shiny and soft. It's under $10, should last you a while and you can find it at any drug store.

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast