Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Alright, lets play a glamour puss game.

Name the things that you love/hate/love but can't pull off in fashion/makeup trends, anything glamour puss.

Love: platform heels, espadrilles, bronzer, luminizer, thick but groomed eyebrows, LBD, pencil skirts, gourmand vanilla scents, draping and ruching

Hate: hi-lo hemlines, kitten heels, bright blue eye shadow, one shoulder gowns (enough already), padded shoulders, over-tweezed eyebrows

Love but can't pull off: chunky jewelry, classic red lips, plunging backs (can't wear a bra and I don't feel right without one), ballet flats (so cute but not when you are as vertically challenged as I am)

Your turn.
    Love: trim, princess-seamed jackets & pencil skirts; neutral and jewel colors; soft makeup; comfort shoes that don't look like comfort shoes; oriental floral perfume, and most of all, gorgeous fabric, velvet and silk especially.

Hate: frou-frou on anyone over 10 years old, bright makeup, bubble skirts (who dreamed THOSE up?), ridiculous platform shoes, fruity perfume and most of all, tattoos.

Love and can't pull off: boho clothes (I'm curvy and they make me look blowsy); stiletto heels; bright pink/orange/yellow; until three weeks ago spaghetti straps/strapless and anything that shows the stomach, from a bikini bottom to most jersey dresses.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Love: sparkle, poofy skirts, hi-lo hemlines (I want to be buried in my skull print one ), pink (duh), black, platforms.

Hate: dropped crotch pants (who thought THAT was a good idea?), pleated pants, sensible shoes

Love and can't pull off: long hair (it's too fine ), super dark lipstick (could when I was younger, now there's some fine lines that only show when I try to wear it ) and baseball hats. I look like a total dork. Life is cruel.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Is this what you mean by dropped crotch pants?

PRLady, IME 10 year old girls are more likely to wear black with skulls than frou-frou these days. But it does look cute on infants.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    love: ridiculously high shoes, dresses, pink, black, grey silver, collarless jackets

hate: sweatpants and sneakers outside the gym, skirts (on me not everyone), orange, thick fabrics like suede, batwing sleeves, flats, biblical sandals

cant pull off: a lot of dresses where they have a seam in the waist, my waist is never near there and i look even more short waisted, interesting eye shadow
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What are biblical sandals?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Love: Wedge heels. Open toes. Ruching. Nude nail colors. Colored lip balms.

Hate: Mullet skirts. Leggings. Thick cream eyeshadows in saturated colors (last year I taught full time, some girls must have used a pot a day of that stuff). Heavy black eyeliner. Uggs. (Especially Uggs in spring/summer with shorts or mini skirts--what is that?).

Love but can't pull off: Skinny Jeans. Chunky jewelry. Ballet Flats (have never found a pair with enough support for my screwy feet). And classic red lips.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post

Love but can't pull off: ... Chunky jewelry. Ballet Flats (have never found a pair with enough support for my screwy feet). And classic red lips.
    We have some things in common.

Love but can't pull off: chunky jewelry, classic red lips, plunging backs (can't wear a bra and I don't feel right without one), ballet flats (so cute but not when you are as vertically challenged as I am)

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    What are biblical sandals?
    I think she means like these: http://www.zappos.com/stuart-weitzma...-truffle-nappa

And ITA.

Oh yeah. I love big chandelier and hoop earrings on everyone else. I am the one percent without pierced ears, so there aren't any for me.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh the gladiators. Yeah, I wouldn't go near them. But I've seen it on some girls who looked good in them.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    love: ridiculously high shoes, dresses, pink, black, grey silver, collarless jackets

hate: sweatpants and sneakers outside the gym, skirts (on me not everyone), orange, thick fabrics like suede, batwing sleeves, flats, biblical sandals

cant pull off: a lot of dresses where they have a seam in the waist, my waist is never near there and i look even more short waisted, interesting eye shadow
    I have that problem with dresses with seams at the waist, too. And so many of them are so cute. Ugh.

I also am inspired to add to my hate list: yoga pants worn everywhere (I'm looking at you sister-in-law).

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    PRLady, what's that Yiddish word for overdressed grandma?

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Oh yeah. I love big chandelier and hoop earrings on everyone else. I am the one percent without pierced ears, so there aren't any for me.
    Yes, love love love hoop earrings. Have a pain in yellow gold and would like a pair in white gold, would not say no to diamonds.

It's never too late to pierce your ears.

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    those gladiator sandals posted above are much better looking than what i was thinking of, i was thinking more like birkenstocks, those naot sandals (sorry), and basically anything a retired nun wears in the summer
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i could add to my cant wear list small earrings. i have an enormous round head. little earrings would make me look weird. i always call that kind of dainty jewelry the kind of thing i would need if i had to go to court and defend myself.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    PRLady, what's that Yiddish word for overdressed grandma?

Yes, love love love hoop earrings. Have a pain in yellow gold and would like a pair in white gold, would not say no to diamonds.

It's never too late to pierce your ears.
    Ungapatchka.

I know I could get my ears pierced but frankly, at this stage I'm just not interested in amassing real earrings. I've lived this long.....

and I understand how mlp feels about Naots but lady, I can walk in them. With all the foot problems I've had I have to compromise and make you and PL laugh at me.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    what is it about shorts that people either look like some asexual baby huey or they are too short and too tight ? in theory shorts are fine but a lot of people seem to get it very wrong.

vCash
    Can I add "the way my in-laws dress for events" to the hate list? We've got one coming up so it is on my mind. My husband's grandfather, as he did at this time last year, has rented the party room of a restaurant for a special dinner to celebrate the plethora of June events Father's Day, his wife's b-day, my FiL's b-day, MiL's brother's b-day, and our wedding anniversary. He did this last year, too. I wore a jersey knit skirt and an embellished tank top last year. Husband wore khakis and a polo shirt. He was later asked why we were "over dressed". Fair question as, while his grandparents were dressed nicely, his dad had on Harley gear, his mother had on shorts with paint stains, a graphic t-shirt and Birkenstocks and his sister had on yoga pants, flip-flops and a graphic t-shirt with grass stains. His uncle wore a football jersey and cut-offs, and his aunt had on cotton shorts approximately four sizes too big and a hooded sweatshirt that may have been six sizes too big.

I have no idea what to wear this year. I refuse to dress like I am doing lawn work to go into a restaurant. For some reason, my parents-in-law and sister-in-law--who can sometimes dress appropriately--dress like homeless people whenever they are around mother-in-law's extended family.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    oh yes, flip flops arent shoes

i was really pre mature with my list

vCash

i was really pre mature with my list
    I love my flip flops for casual stuff, but wearing them to work, restaurants that aren't fast food, etc... No. They have their place. But people seem to think it is everywhere. We even saw a woman trying to hike in them when we were in the Black Hills over Memorial Day.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    what is it about shorts that people either look like some asexual baby huey or they are too short and too tight ? in theory shorts are fine but a lot of people seem to get it very wrong.
    I don't own a single pair.

Thanks, PRLady, great word.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    The only shoes I've been able to wear for the past two months are flip flops, and they're all I'll be able to wear until I lose my pregnancy swelling.

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast