Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks! Pretty pretty. But the page doesn't offer matching bottoms and when you search for bottoms on the site, the one with the flowers does not come up. My wallet is spared!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    My surgeon suggested Bio Oil to me post-immediate recovery. I think it worked-- I scar pretty easily and my scars are really faint.

But then I saw a doctor about 6 months post-surgery to have stitches taken out of a bad thumb laceration, and he said bio oil was useless, so...
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

INTJ
    vCash
    I was always told vitamin E. Not creams though, the oil filled capsules. You just poke a hole in the end and squeeze it out. It worked for me but like Andora I've also heard the complete opposite.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh yeah, I used to buy Vitamin E caps, poke holes in them and add them to my face creams. Not sure if it works for scars.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I'm seeing Dr. Nobedsidemanner on Wednesday for another check-up and will ask him. I have complete faith in him as a surgeon, he's thought to be the best plastic surgeon in the area and I think he's really an artist in his own way. So what if he's not warm and fuzzy, I'm not dating him.

And LandsEnd is the default option for everyone for swimsuits, or should be. They are well-made, run true to size, have a bewildering variety of options in terms of style, are reasonably priced and have large cup sizes, petites, talls, and even mastectomy suits. My second favorite is Tommy Bahama, which designs for curvy (not really heavy, just curvy) women with normal figures.

ETA: Sorry, IceAlisa, the bottoms are right here: http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...25096-_-425107. On sale.
    Last edited by PRlady; 05-27-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    ETA: Sorry, IceAlisa, the bottoms are right here: http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...25096-_-425107. On sale.
    DO IT!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i love these top shop bathing suits but i hate to buy something i cant try on or even see on another human first

http://us.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/sto...t=1&geoip=home
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    DO IT!
    You're just saying that because it's nice for you to imagine that someone, somewhere, can wear a bikini. Don't worry, someday again that will be you.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i love these top shop bathing suits but i hate to buy something i cant try on or even see on another human first

http://us.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/sto...t=1&geoip=home
    mlp, were you a dominatrix in another life? that's the most intimidating swimsuit I've seen in a while.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    thank you
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Has somebody tried make up from an italian brand named KIKO? If so, do you recommend it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    You're just saying that because it's nice for you to imagine that someone, somewhere, can wear a bikini. Don't worry, someday again that will be you.
    Lovely thought, but I think my bikini days are long past... if they were even here in the first place! I'm a curvy girl!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Lovely thought, but I think my bikini days are long past... if they were even here in the first place! I'm a curvy girl!
    Wait, I thought curvy girls wore bikinis best. I'm so confused.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Arrrgh! I have two perfectly lovely bathing suits that I bought just last summer. This thread is the devil. Must. Resist. Must. Resist.

PRLady, if you ever get tired of PR, consider a career in sales. You are scary good.

*runs*

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Arrrgh! I have two perfectly lovely bathing suits that I bought just last summer. This thread is the devil. Must. Resist. Must. Resist.

PRLady, if you ever get tired of PR, consider a career in sales. You are scary good.

*runs*
    And that is what I would like to do when I retire. Sell clothes at a boutique somewhere.

Not all my potential customers will be as easy as you, dear. You, me and cruisin' could keep a boutique alive all by ourselves.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    one of my friends did that. she burned out as a burn center nurse, no pun intended, and one day decided to open a store. she's doing really well although it's a lot of work.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    one of my friends did that. she burned out as a burn center nurse, no pun intended, and one day decided to open a store. she's doing really well although it's a lot of work.
    I forgot you as someone else whose shopping could keep the boutique going. Maybe on a trip to Philly I will ask to meet your friend. I'm serious. Although I think I would rather work for her than be her.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like Jo Malone scents although I own only two: 1) a mini of the Blue Agava and Cacao for a bit cooler weather and 2) Nectarine Blossom and Honey for warm weekends. This season's Red Currant and Cream sounded right up my alley (gourmand) but boy is it a disappointment. Smells like the breath of a cheap drunk. And I know whereof I speak: remember where I come from.

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I like Jo Malone scents although I own only two: 1) a mini of the Blue Agava and Cacao for a bit cooler weather and 2) Nectarine Blossom and Honey for warm weekends. This season's Red Currant and Cream sounded right up my alley (gourmand) but boy is it a disappointment. Smells like the breath of a cheap drunk. And I know whereof I speak: remember where I come from.
    Ickkkkk. But I don't like fruity scents at all, with the exception of grapefruit and fig, so I wouldn't have been tempted. I do like the Jo Malone grapefruit-and-something and when I get off my self-imposed financial penalty phase will buy it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The best ever grapefruit IMO is by Hermes: Pamplemousse Rose but it ain't cheap. Check it out when you get out of the penalty box.

That Red Currant thing is not even fruity to my nose, it's sickly sweet in the way I mentioned.

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Alright, lets play a glamour puss game.

Name the things that you love/hate/love but can't pull off in fashion/makeup trends, anything glamour puss.

Love: platform heels, espadrilles, bronzer, luminizer, thick but groomed eyebrows, LBD, pencil skirts, gourmand vanilla scents, draping and ruching

Hate: hi-lo hemlines, kitten heels, bright blue eye shadow, one shoulder gowns (enough already), padded shoulders, over-tweezed eyebrows

Love but can't pull off: chunky jewelry, classic red lips, plunging backs (can't wear a bra and I don't feel right without one), ballet flats (so cute but not when you are as vertically challenged as I am)

Your turn.

from Speedy Death

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast