Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    As some may know, I've moved quite a bit in my life. And each place I've lived, I managed to find a nice boutique store from which I would buy clothes. So everytime I visit one of these places, I make a special visit to those boutiques to add to my wardrobe .

Anyhow, sorrow of sorrows, but my favorite boutique store of. all. time. is going out of business! I feel so crushed now--it was my go-to staple for new wardrobe looks. And it's closing---forever

Very dark days ahead indeed :sigh:

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    so you didnt sit them down and explain that they were going to stay open after all? i think you are slipping.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I did try to point out the merits of relocating to another place. Apparently I was unconvincing. I did, however, purchase a new outfit

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    TOO LITTLE TOO LATE

i hate when my stores close
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    This is the downside of boutique shopping. They have awesome clothes, but they can close at the drop of a hat.

The universe can be a cruel place sometimes...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I would like a maxi dress for the coming summer but can't seem to find what I like. I like simple lines, not too bulky, fairly form fitting, no ruffles, no geometric shapes or busy patterns. No high low. Kinda like this but with more substantial straps so I could wear a bra or a swimsuit top under it. Love the colors here: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/felicity...esults-_-1_4_D I am seriously considering this one but hate going without a bra.

This would be pretty ideal if not for the tie dye and the price. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/young-fa...sults-_-1_18_D

Why is this so hard?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    You'd look really great in that first one! Strapless bra maybe?

I am trying to, uh, mature-ify (IS A WORD) my wardrobe so I got some stuff at Ann Taylor Loft. I had to return a shirt because it was too see through and the jeans, while they actually fit (shocking! I am 4'11" with short legs so jeans are hard to find), seemed a bit big in the crotch. skjhfsdlkfhskfs It's so frustrating, as pockets are always too huge on my rear, or they're too baggy in certain areas, and mostly just far too freakin' long. Urgh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Also, she mentions Face Atelier having a white foundation that you can mix with your own that you may have already purchased to lighten them up.

Face Atelier has samples for $1 each (enough for 3 uses) that you can order online to try before you invest in a purchase.

They do this for their powders, highlighters, and facade (liquid blush/lip tint) as well.

I ordered samples of the white foundation as well as the lightest colour (porcelain) and the highlighters and powders.

Can't wait for it to arrive and try it out.

Wheeee!
    So my FACE Atelier samples arrived and I've had a chance to try them out. My impressions are as follows:

Foundation: I had to mix the Ivory (#1) with the Zero minus to get the color I needed. I mixed it about 2/3 ivory to 1/3 white.

The consistency of the foundation is good. I think it gives about a medium coverage. My dry cheeks sucked up more of the product than others had to use based on reviews that I read and it does tend to be a bit drying of a foundation over all.

Also, you need to work quite quickly with this foundation. I found when it touched your skin it just kind of soaked right in and wasn't really spreadable.

It leaves a gorgeous finish so I can see why it gets such great reviews.

I'll let you know about staying power later...I just put it on about half an hour ago.

For me though, considering my skin tends towards dry and I would need to purchase both colors and mix them to get the right shade, I'm not sure if I would purchase this rather than the Bourgois Healthy Mix which is already in the perfect shade for me (#51).

But I could see it being a great foundation for warmer weather....especially if I have a little more color to my skin. Right now, I am pretty pasty.

Highlighter: I am a novice with these products in general. I ordered samples of both Opal and Champagne.

These are a liquid highlighter and again I found them a little bit drying on my skin.

Opal was extremely subtle...as in I could barely even see it. But Champagne was really nice and if I was to purchase one, it would be this color.

I am looking to purchase a cream/liquid highlighter but I want to try a few more before I decide which to purchase.

Loose Powder: I purchased this sample in translucent. It is a great powder.

I rarely use powder as my skin tends towards being dry, but if I did use it regularly I would purchase this one. It adds a nice layer to sop up oil without adding color to your face/makeup or displacing it in anyway.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    7 hours later and the foundation is still lasting and looks good.

So I'd rate the staying power of this one to be great.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You'd look really great in that first one! Strapless bra maybe?

I am trying to, uh, mature-ify (IS A WORD) my wardrobe so I got some stuff at Ann Taylor Loft. I had to return a shirt because it was too see through and the jeans, while they actually fit (shocking! I am 4'11" with short legs so jeans are hard to find), seemed a bit big in the crotch. skjhfsdlkfhskfs It's so frustrating, as pockets are always too huge on my rear, or they're too baggy in certain areas, and mostly just far too freakin' long. Urgh.
    I have stuff taken in and hemmed all the time. If it's a simple alteration and they fit well otherwise, may be worth it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Well, later for the permanent makeup idea. Today I went to the cosmetic Surgeon and got Botox, and a full vial of Restylyne in my lips. I am sad to report the swelling the lips is going down, but they should look like a little doll baby mouth once they settle. I am enjoying the full duck bill effect while it lasts, however.

Probably will get another vial in two weeks time. That's it, I am now a needle junkie. Whee!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I have stuff taken in and hemmed all the time. If it's a simple alteration and they fit well otherwise, may be worth it.
    There's a Brit company called Boden. I ignored their catalogs until I got one yesterday that said, in huge letters, You're A Tough Nut to Crack. I thought that was so funny, all their catalogs I had put into the trash unopened, that I actually looked through one.

They have lots of youngish, rich-hippie clothing and lots of maxidresses, including in petite, so check their website. I thought their stuff was cool but too young for me, and I am not permitted to buy clothes until the end of the summer anyway.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks! Will do. I only just need the maxidress, right? Right?

What do you all think of this one? http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens...axi-Dress.html in pewter mozaic (blue yellow pattern?) A big busy? Or cute?

I wonder what the back looks like...
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 05-10-2013 at 10:17 PM.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Thanks! Will do. I only just need the maxidress, right? Right?

What do you all think of this one? http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens...axi-Dress.html in pewter mozaic (blue yellow pattern?) A big busy? Or cute?

I wonder what the back looks like...
    My vote is cute.

INTJ
    vCash
    Super cute
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    You picked well! Their short dresses are really cute too.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thank you! But I only "need" a maxi dress. It is pretty cute and seems like you guys don't think it's too busy. Have you zoomed in on it? I am such a Mean GirlTM, I need approval for my purchase,

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like the print. i did zoom in, you can see a little of her bra but i think that could be avoided w a different bra. also, in the comments someone said it covers the back so you would have more bra options than some other maxi dresses..

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks, mlp. I have a couple of very low plunge bras so it should be OK. Plus I usually have my taylor close up the wrap neckline like this. I am going for it! I blame PRLady.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Thank you! But I only "need" a maxi dress. It is pretty cute and seems like you guys don't think it's too busy. Have you zoomed in on it? I am such a Mean GirlTM, I need approval for my purchase,
    I zoomed in. I still vote for cute.

I have an amazing black, yellow and white Heidi Klum maternity maxi dress.... and it has a tea stain on it (what can I say.... I'm not used to my big belly and I have carpal tunnel in both hands - disaster!).
    Any suggestions on removing the stain? I've used Shout, baking soda and now it's currently back in the machine with Oxiclean. I'm getting desperate, and my pregnancy hormones mean I can't stop crying about it.

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast