Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Please tell me you are not cutting your own eyelashes?
    Oh, but I did, and it turned out well. Used one of those little Wahl trimmers, and they are perfect and short. It was all very safely done-A finger over the closed eye area, and the tips cut off.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Why would you want short lashes???

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ive devoted a small fortune to correcting my naturally short lashes
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Leesa, do you not like your long lashes because they are straight? If so, you can curl your lashes with a lash curler if you don't like that they are straight.

MLP ... lol I'm with you.

People spend lots of money on last extensions. I have short, thick lashes that require lash primer. I never try on mascara without lash primer. NEVER. I've tried at least 10 lash primers and lash serums.

I swear my lashes are high maintenance. Drugstore mascaras, I have not had good luck with. My lashes seem to love high end mascaras like YSL Volume Faux Cils and Diorshow. I'm gonna take some before and after pictures of my lashes so you all can see how my lashes react to drug store vs high end mascara.
    Last edited by topaz; 03-06-2013 at 02:07 AM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i use lilash now and i love it.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    People trim their lashes? Why? Allergan is making a killing selling Latisse.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    You always want what you don't have. My hair grows like woh but I would be perfectly happy lopping off 3 inches, no problem. I haven't had my hair cut in almost 3 years. Part of it is that it takes so long, and part of it is that my hair is so long and thick, it would be expensive to do so every time, if I didn't want to go to SuperCuts. I actually cut it myself using the bathroom mirror a few months ago, because that last 1.5 inches was driving me insane! And now it's all grown back.

Seeing that the wedding is a little over a month away, I finally got a Groupon to have my hair actually cut at a nice salon. With layers, probably. With hair my thickness and length, not having layers makes it look downright ridiculous. It's a huge hair cape on my head, is what it is!

vCash
    Anita my hair care budget is around $60 to $120 a month. I get my hair a wash, set and shape every 3 weeks and a relaxer every 7 weeks. I buy hair products every few weeks. My hair care maintenance is built into my monthly budget.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Anita my hair care budget is around $60 to $120 a month. I get my hair a wash, set and shape every 3 weeks and a relaxer every 7 weeks. I buy hair products every few weeks. My hair care maintenance is built into my monthly budget.
    I've gone no poo so my hair budget is like, $0.

My hair grows so fast, it seems like a waste to drop $70+ on a cut if it's going to change so quickly. Well, sure I could go to SuperCuts, but then I'd feel guilty for coming in with my hair cape and expecting the same $15 cut as someone who barely has hair. Man I'm so lazy.

vCash
    People trim their lashes? Why? Allergan is making a killing selling Latisse
    They are so long and staight that they leave mascara smutz under my eyes. They would not curl before cutting, and now they curled up a little on their own, and curl even better with a lash curler. I think short, curly lashes (they're not really that short) look better than long, spiky ones.

I guess it's the same as curly haired people straightening. Could never understand that. I suppose I'm not much influenced by standards of beauty, any more than I care about fashion. Very laissez faire. I swear I was doing Grunge before it was Grunge, and continue to mix it up with a little Kinderwhore and Steampunk.

I've gone no poo so my hair budget is like, $0
    Baking soda? BTW, Supercuts has a surcharge for long hair. I know, I go there. Actually, the person I see is very thorough and does a good job, though I am surely no hair farmer and am not concerned much about my hair style. Grunge again.

vCash
    Wow, this needs it's own thread! I color my hair with my salon every 6 weeks. Tried the box stuff and no no no. My now 14 year old daughter gets highlights and I can't deny she looks cute with them. I would never try to do her hair. When she was 3 and in dance recitals we both ending up crying with me doing her hair and makeup. I ended up taking her to the salon because I didn't want the drama. And I consider myself pretty good at both. Her best friend came over for her first high school dance and did the hair and makeup. The funny thing is she only wears mascara at school. When I was her age I was in full war paint! (and I was in a professional ice show where we HAD to wear false eyelashes, I swear that glue was on my eyes for forever!)
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    I guess it's the same as curly haired people straightening. Could never understand that. I suppose I'm not much influenced by standards of beauty, any more than I care about fashion. Very laissez faire. I swear I was doing Grunge before it was Grunge, and continue to mix it up with a little Kinderwhore and Steampunk.

Baking soda? BTW, Supercuts has a surcharge for long hair. I know, I go there. Actually, the person I see is very thorough and does a good job, though I am surely no hair farmer and am not concerned much about my hair style. Grunge again.
    Curly hair is awesome! Even frizzy fros are awesome - if you got it, you should flaunt it! Trying to change what you have can get very expensive....

Yeah, it's baking soda. I also put in a few drops of tea tree oil for my dandruff, which helps a lot and is probably the one ingredient that isn't dirt cheap. But a few drops goes a long way!

The apple cider vinegar rinse is also super-important for me because I have hard water. I realized that when I didn't do the vinegar rinse for a couple weeks and had the grossest residue on my hair. Turns out the minerals in the water react with the baking soda to make soap scum. Oops. The vinegar helps a lot!

I still don't know what kind of hairstyle looks best on me. All I know is that short hair makes me look like a lollipop (big head, small body), but other than that, I got nothing! The next time I go to a salon, I'll probably have the stylist do whatever as long as it's past my shoulders and doesn't involve bangs.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Ok, I've been trying to branch out and use bolder colors other than nude colored make up. Today I used Wet n' Wild's Cherry Picking lipstick. BRIGHT! I almost wimped out and wiped it off but forced myself to keep it on. It lasted pretty long, stayed on through my daughter's softball practice and son's basketball practice, a total of 5.5 hours. I sipped a lot of water too so I'm pretty impressed considering how cheap it is. Here I am on the way to softball.
    A little late, but that looks great with your hair!

vCash
    I almost started a new thread but decided to pull this one up instead. Question:

How tight should your Spanx be?

I have been lax on the workouts and have some flab I need to hide for an event. If I go by dress size, the shape wear doen't seem to be tight enough. I guess it hides okay but I would think if I have to wear a girdle, it should feel uncomfortable.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I almost started a new thread but decided to pull this one up instead. Question:

How tight should your Spanx be?

I have been lax on the workouts and have some flab I need to hide for an event. If I go by dress size, the shape wear doen't seem to be tight enough. I guess it hides okay but I would think if I have to wear a girdle, it should feel uncomfortable.
    Someone on Offbeat Bride was reporting how it took her half an hour to put Spanx on for a test run. I think if it takes you that long, it's too tight.

Are you going to eat at the event? I would feel horrible if I was hungry but couldn't eat because of uncomfortable undergarments! It's actually something I'm a little concerned about for the wedding, because my undergarment has boning and it is TIGHT. Not painfully so, but I'm pretty sensitive around the stomach area when I have to eat.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Man up, Anita18. Women used to spend their entire adult lives in a corset.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I'm spoiled! Just like I complain it's cold when it's 50F - I used to live on the east coast and I KNOW I've survived in much colder climes, but...I'm still cold!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Hey, Glamour Pusses, check out this video on make-up and skin care wasters.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Hokay...need hair tips. How the eff do I get to my hair to curl nicely? I have the kind of Asian hair that absolutely refuses to hold a curl. The last time it did was after it was updo'd for a friend's wedding, thanks to a billion bobby pins and tons of hairspray, and about 10 hours of being shellacked like that. I dislike updos, and I figure it might be good to learn how to do it anyway.

My coworker said I need to spray each section with hairspray and spread it with my fingers all along the shaft right before I use the iron. Curl, let set, spray and smooth another section. It sounds pretty intensive and I have a lot of hair so it'll take a LONG time, but I won't be surprised if that's what it'll take. Any other tips?

I did try using hairspray before, but I bet it wasn't enough product because it barely curled even on my flat iron's highest heat setting. This is going to be fun.

gold dust woman
    vCash

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast