Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    IA have you tried Tarte or Makeup Forever blushes? Tarte Amazon blushes I have a Tarte blush and I like it. It's matte, very natural looking. d. Try Dollface or Adored.

MUFE Powder blush in #69, #112 or #133

I would recommend the Nars Foreplay Palette(gotta love the name..lol). You get a highlighter and 3 blushes for like $50. Orgasm is good highlighter on dark/deep skin tones. Super Orgasm is the best highlighter for deep skin tones. Better than Albatross or Luster.

As far as blush goes, have you tried Gaiety, Mata Hari or Desire?

But then again, I'm dying to get my hands on this Burberry Blush in Hydrangea Pink
    Love your suggestions, especially Tarte and MUFE. Now to get my butt to the mall to try them on.
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    That's the first time I've seen a pixiwoo episode. Love it!!!

But yes, the foundation was too yellow on her forehead and the eyebrows were better with just the pencil rather than with the extra gel stuff on top.
    Weird, isn't it? You'd think she, of all people would have it nailed.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Topaz--have you tried any of the Sigma eyecolors? They have some fun creme eyecolor sets that I want to get but seeing as how I have 20 different eyeshadows at the moment, I thought I'd wait.

I'm really sad the MAC Young venus extra dimension eyeshadow was a limited edition product. It's perfect as a fun highlighter and sparkly eyeshadow. Sigh.

vCash
    Ecotools - you can buy them at Ulta, Target or online at Ulta.com or Amazon.com
    Thanks, Topaz. I picked up the eco tools from Ulta (so cheap!). I have sort of an auditioning for Turandot look going on, but it's a look. It would probably work really well had I not used the darkest shadow except for liner. I am going to try again this weekend until I get it down, and will check out the tutorials you linked.

Now, what does a person do with hair that is curly when wet, but the curl all falls out when dry? I even have a few spiral curls, but they always fall out. If I use curl creme and the Instyler, I can get decent curls that last until I wash, but how to use the existing curl without having to use the iron?

vCash
    @leesa ....Nabs has curly hair and may give you some tips. Hair is not my forte

No problem regarding the ecotools. Practice makes perfect and don't worry the more you work at a look, the better you'll get at.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Attention All:

Makeup Forever Makeup Box Remix. They are offering a complimentary makeup lesson. The MUFE is having a bus tour in different cities. Go the facebook link I provided; LIKE the page and follow the directions to get the complimentary makeup lesson.

This Mobile Make Up School is coming to a city near you:

San Francisco, CA: February 9th – 10th
    Las Vegas, NV: February 16th – 17th
    Dallas, TX: February 23rd – 24th
    Miami, FL: March 2nd – 3rd
    New York, NY: March 9th – 10th
    Boston, MA: March 23rd – 24th
    Chicago, IL: April 6th – 7th
    Toronto, ON: April 13th – 14th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Now, what does a person do with hair that is curly when wet, but the curl all falls out when dry? I even have a few spiral curls, but they always fall out. If I use curl creme and the Instyler, I can get decent curls that last until I wash, but how to use the existing curl without having to use the iron?
    Scrunch spray. You spray it on wet hair and it holds the curl. It leave the hair a little crunchy but it works!

vCash
    I am sick of smudging mascara. Any recs for something that won't end up under my eyes in three hours?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I am sick of smudging mascara. Any recs for something that won't end up under my eyes in three hours?
    Waterproof mascara on the lower lashes may work but it's the oils on the skin/waterline are the culprits. That is what is causing the smudging. Waterproof does not mean smudgeproof or sweatproof. I don't wear or recommend waterproof mascara for everyday use. I only wear it if I know I'm going to a wedding or funeral that I'm going to cry. I would recommend it for those who have teary eyes too.

Have you tried a primer on the lower lashes and below the eyes? Try this and apply mascara(waterproof or not)?

I would try L"oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and Clinique High Impact Mascaras.

I don't have smudging that often but I use lash primer because it makes my lashes look fuller, longer and more definition. They are expensive but see if you can get a lash primer sample from Estee Lauder or go to Sephora to see if you can get a sample size lash primer.
    Last edited by topaz; 02-09-2013 at 04:37 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i have a trip planned to sephora on monday. any suggestions? i like to get at least one new thing when i go. they dont cary the armani foundation i want. im leaning toward narciso rodriguez for her. normally perfume gives me a migraine unless it was formulated for children (RIP two by the olsen twins). but so far this hasnt made me want to hurl.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Waterproof mascara on the lower lashes may work but it's the oils on the skin/waterline that causes it. Have you tried a primer on the lower lashes and below the eyes? Try this and apply mascara(waterproof or not)?
    I don't even use mascara on the lower lashes. And I do use waterproof.

I'm beginning to think it is hopeless.

vCash
    I don't even use mascara on the lower lashes. And I do use waterproof.

I'm beginning to think it is hopeless.
    Try a lash primer and see how that works Try to get a sample size first, don't pay for something that may not work

Do you use a eye primer(shadow)?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i use mally mascara, not the waterproof kind, and i have no problems with running. until i tried it, my mascara was racing toward my nose by lunch time no matter what i used. but based on these glamour puss threads, people's mileage really varies with mascara.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i have a trip planned to sephora on monday. any suggestions? i like to get at least one new thing when i go. they dont cary the armani foundation i want. im leaning toward narciso rodriguez for her. normally perfume gives me a migraine unless it was formulated for children (RIP two by the olsen twins). but so far this hasnt made me want to hurl.
    LOL

MLP are looking for anything in particular? Shadow, mascara, lipsticks, gloss? Does your sephora have YSL products in store?

vCash
    i use mally mascara, not the waterproof kind, and i have no problems with running. until i tried it, my mascara was racing toward my nose by lunch time no matter what i used. but based on these glamour puss threads, people's mileage really varies with mascara.
    The problem is definitely not oily skin. Definitely not.

I've tried about 9000 mascaras. The only thing that has ever worked at all is Tarte's lash stain. But it is a bit out of my price range right now. I have long thick lashes anyway, but I like to play them up sometimes.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    LOL

MLP are looking for anything in particular? Shadow, mascara, lipsticks, gloss? Does your sephora have YSL products in store?
    nothing in particular, i like to always get 1 thing i dont need or wasnt looking for

i know they have some ysl but i cant remember specifics

vCash
    nothing in particular, i like to always get 1 thing i dont need or wasnt looking for

i know they have some ysl but i cant remember specifics
    YSL came out with 20 new shades in their Rouge Volupte Shine line. I love YSL lipsticks.

Look at the Too Faced products:

Beauty Editor Set, La Creme Lipsticks, Sweet Indulgence Palette or Boudoir Eyes. I plan getting both palettes to try. I like Too Faced products. I think they are very good and you get a great value.

Makeup Forever has a new foundation that is crazy good. MUFE Pro Finish and the new Nars Reflecting powder is "game changer". Every review has been outstanding.

vCash
    Popping in for the first time. I was stuck in a makeup rut for a while. Then a Sephora opened at the local mall AND my skin hit 'a certain age'. My Bare Minerals was hanging out in my lines and not covering redness issues. Really noticeable in brighter light. Bought Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough serum and dumped my older moisturizer. I was talked into the Clinique BB. The shade chosen was so light, I looked sick. Took it back. Talked to them about my concerns - Dr. Jart BB to the rescue - this stuff is fabulous! It doesn't sink into the lines and it evened out my skin. LOVE! It has aloe and green tea and other fun stuff.

I also bought the Urban Decay Glinda palette. 6 eye shadows, 1 eggplant eyeliner, and a nice lip pencil. Total impulse buy and worth every penny ($49). Luckily I had a gift card, so I didn't have much guilt. Also picked up Philosophy's Turbo Booster to mix with the WHINE. It's supposed to brighten the skin.

Made myself up on Wednesday and went into work. I've had people stop to tell me I look 'fabulous'. I've heard 'well rested', 'glowing', 'really natural and pretty'. So, now I'm addicted.

Oh, and my favorite mascara is Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition. Lasts forever, doesn't clump and doesn't smudge.

vCash
    Blinc, Kiss Me mascara. It forms tubes around your lashes. Bit freaky taking it off (just water and pressure from your hand or cloth and the tubes slide off) but totally works.

I won't wear any other brand.
    Last edited by skategal; 02-09-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    mlp, check out Fresh for perfume, no hurling guarantee.

dbell

I checked out that famous Armani foundation, the one that comes in a dropper. It does disappear into my skin but I really don't see a difference on the side of the face where I applied it vs. the side where I haven't. What is the point?
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 02-09-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    fresh is what i wear, the lemon sugar, occasionally i like to branch out but it never works.

i saw a difference w the armani foundation, the pigment evened things out or whatever

topaz tell me about this reflecting powder and the pro finish. also, the makeup forever foundation, is it full or light coverage?i cant get enough foundations for some reason.

i dont wear lipstick only gloss. and it takes me a long time to work through eye shadow. i am still working on the pale purple one veronika gave me forever ago.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast