Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post

topaz, did you have to? Now I am lusting after 2,3 and 4. Because you know, I only have 4536 shades of brown, gold, bronze and beige.
    LOL, I know right.

Then I won't recommend you trying a Kat Von D palette. I think her products are highly underrated. The ladybird(8 matte shadows), saint and the new monarch palette are incredible. My Kat Von D palettes I use more than any other eyeshadows in my collection.

Tarababyz has an excellent review with swatches. and Paint Me Crystal's review and demo
    Last edited by topaz; 06-20-2014 at 05:23 AM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Speaking of masacara, I also recently tried the Marc Jacobs gel mascara. It's okay, but not my favourite. It lengthens and darkens my lashes, but doesn't do much for volume. The staying power is average. Like it, don't love it.
    I had the same opinion regarding MJ mascara, but if you want to use up the tube, try using a volumizing mascara first and then apply the gel over it. For me, I liked using the MJ over another mascara for the rich black lacquer look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    My thing is that most mascaras work. I don't have allergy problems, I'm a light brunette with olive skin, my eyelashes are pretty long but need volume. That means anything from L'Oreal Voluminous (the detail one that doesn't get clumpy) to Lancombe Star Hypnose, for special occasions, is fine. I like Lancome's Definicils for everyday as well.

But frankly, almost always when I get a sample mascara, I use it. Now I'm curious about the Benefit because their WOW Oxygen Foundation is the best foundation I've ever used in my life, and I love their Sensuous Nudes eyeshadow palette too.
    Awe.. Lancome's Defnicils. An old time favorite of mine. I still like the mascara and formula, I just haven't bought in a long time. When I tried YSL Faux Effects, I was hooked. The only downsize of the YSL for me is that it drys up quicker in the tube. I'm a person who uses lash primer with all my mascaras. I've found that I am truly able to see how the mascara works on my lashes when I use lash primer. I usually want volume, length and something that will hold my natural lash curl. For example, Dior's iconic overcurl with and without primer does nothing for my lashes. I literally don't see any difference. However, when I use Dior's Diorshow and Iconic(regular) with primer, my lashes look full, long and fluttery.

Also my favorite lash primer without a doubt is Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus. Most lash primers are more volumizing. I have not tried Make Up Forever's lash primer nor have I tried Blinc or Clinique. Lancome's cils booster I've had good results when I use it for a lengthening mascara.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I had the same opinion regarding MJ mascara, but if you want to use up the tube, try using a volumizing mascara first and then apply the gel over it. For me, I liked using the MJ over another mascara for the rich black lacquer look.
    Excellent tip, thank you!

vCash
    Forgive me for I have sinned - 6 new nail polishes were bought today.
    Here is my defense:

I was visiting my dear friend in Osijek, a town I havent seen since before the start of the war in 1991, I was 4 but I remember clearly several thinks about that visit as it was with very dear people who still are in my life and love me. My friend took me to this lovely store where they had 8 racks of China Glaze and with the price the same as in US. AMAZING.

got one for mother, 3 for me and they had ORLY on sale 80% off because Orly is leaving Croatia so I had to get 2 more unique shades.

I also purchaser perfume on 40% sale - Lanvin Rumeur 2 Rose. I consider this birthday present for myself. Nail polishes are problematic...
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    You've come to the right place, kosjenka! China Glaze! Is that Lanvin a rose scent? (duh!)

You are not forgiven, however, for not reporting the nature of the colors.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    LOL, I know right.

Then I won't recommend you trying a Kat Von D palette. I think her products are highly underrated. The ladybird(8 matte shadows), saint and the new monarch palette are incredible. My Kat Von D palettes I use more than any other eyeshadows in my collection.
    Too late. I already own KVD Saint.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    You people are bad influences and the reason the Sephora on Lex in manhattan acquired $65 from me today.

I now do have the Benefit mascara.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    This thread should be controlled by the FDA.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    You people are bad influences and the reason the Sephora on Lex in manhattan acquired $65 from me today.

I now do have the Benefit mascara.
    Fess up....what else did you buy? Benefit mascara doesn't cost $65....even in Manhattan...
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    whenever i get a "free" sample of foundation, i think i have never been more luminous.

this sample of vitalumiere aqua by chanel is no different. i feel so pretty and witty and gay.

but something often changes when i buy the whole bottle, which is why i have this slow growing cluster of half used foundations
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i deleted the part of my post where i called you out by name to be polite. but i know who you are.
    I am confused???

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Fess up....what else did you buy? Benefit mascara doesn't cost $65....even in Manhattan...
    Benefit eyebrow pencil and Clinique chubby eye shadow.

Not a big fan of the mascara and it's hard as hell to get off.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I am confused???
    in de nile is not just a shade of nail polish
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Two of my favourite products!

I don't like that mascara either. I'm a firm Dior or L'Oreal Voluminous user.

vCash

I think you can return the mascara. Yes...hard as hell to remove is about right.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    I was blown away with Laura Geller products my neighbor bought herself while she was in Atlanta. And to see those sets cost less than 50$ is just so unfair. You guys in US have it so well. I dont want to hear any complaints!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    The news is not all good in North America: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle19320720/

Overcrowded market!

vCash
    My gel manicure lasted from May 30 to June 25. I was just going to get a regular manicure, but the gel was only $5 more and it dries quickly and you don't have to worry about smudging and it LASTS, you know? I know it's awful for my nails, but it looks so pretty.

I can't have my nails natural. They break and chip and grow weirdly and I like to wear large obnoxious rings. So. Gel it is.

vCash
    I need to get my pedicure before summer starts AGAIN. I hate pedicures because i get very uncomftrable when somebody is messing with my feet. I just have to suck it up for 45 minutes.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast