Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    OK, lets talk about the Tweet in the US Ladies thread. It was my fault for bringing it up here. It made me
    Fair enough!

vCash
    considering how much older I am compared to her, i dont think I can throw stones from my rhinestone house

but how come you never suggest white strips for ashley? her eye teeth look like cheetos
    Lol. I used to go clubbing in green silk harem pants with a matching bandeau top which was made for me for a Halloween costume. I was 23.

Supersmile. Much better than whitestrips, gets all the surfaces and crevices a natural, pearly white.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What's Supersmile? I am always interested in a tooth whitening product.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Supersmile is a three step whitening process. It doesn't bleach teeth to whiten them, but breaks up the protein pellicle and sort of dissolves the stains. I had stains I could see in the crevices of my bottom teeth, and it lifted even that. You can just buy the toothpaste, but it's recommended you start with the kit which contains swabs that sit on your teeth for 5 minutes, then brush with the toothpaste and an activating gel for 2 minutes, twice per day. It doesn't cause tooth sensitivity, and I find it not only whitens better than Whitestrips, it gets into every little crevice and whitens all teeth, not just the front ones.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks, will check it out!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    You're welcome. The kit comes with a guide so you can locate your current tooth shade-Mine lightened 5 shades, which I was very satisfied with, because they were greyish from red wine, and this brightened them back to a nice but not blinding white.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That's great! I am pretty happy with my Crest Whitestrips teeth but they do get sensitive afterwards.

from Speedy Death

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Update on my quest to find Derma 36 Glycolic Acid -- Last week, I stumbled onto two bottles of it at Rite-Aid, where I had a $25 credit for transferring a prescription to their pharmacy, so I ended up paying 5 dollars for both of them .

One of the things I hate hate hate wearing is foundation -- no matter what kind I have tried, I wind up with a horrible shine on my entire face within an hour . On a recommendation from a friend, I bought a bottle of L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation. I've only worn it twice, but both times, it's lasted several hours without having to touch things up by blotting and using my Dual Finish compact powder. It's about $12 a bottle, but if oily skin/shine is an issue, I would recommend it far more than I would any of the more expensive department store brands.

Also, I finally decided to bite the bullet and give a BB a try. I didn't want to invest a ton of money on it until I know whether or not I'll like it, so I wound up getting Garnier's Skin Renew BB Cream as it was on clearance. Tomorrow I'll be wearing it to my niece's birthday party; will report back as to how it works.
    Last edited by Cyn; 12-01-2013 at 07:34 AM.

vCash
    I didn't like the Garnier BB cream; it was shiny on me really quickly even with a powder foundation over it. I use Clinique's BB cream. It's not cheap, of course. But I like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I didn't like the Garnier BB cream; it was shiny on me really quickly even with a powder foundation over it. I use Clinique's BB cream. It's not cheap, of course. But I like it.
    Uh-Oh.....I'll still give it a go; if it doesn't work for me, I'll let MiniCyn try it -- her skin isn't anywhere near as oily as her mother's, so it might work well for her if it doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the heads-up .

vCash
    My favorite BB cream is Smashbox. Yes it's expensive and I haven't even splurged for the normal sized one yet (still using up a trial size) but I'm going to buy it soon.

I have problems getting BB creams and tinted moisturizers light enough for my pale skin. But Smashbox works well for us 'casper the ghost' types out there...

vCash
    I've found the best lower-end BB cream is Maybelline's, with Revlon's not too far behind.

That said, I echo both Smashbox and Clinique suggestions. Clinique I find a wee bit dry sometimes in the dead of winter, but not enough to be a problem.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I have Olay's Total Effects CC Cream on today. I like it and surprisingly it blends in with my skin tone. I usually skip tinted moisturizers and have roughly ignored the BB's and CC's because I usually make my own TM by mixing in a drop or two of foundation in a little jar filled with moisturizer. Is there really a difference?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    I have Olay's Total Effects CC Cream on today. I like it and surprisingly it blends in with my skin tone. I usually skip tinted moisturizers and have roughly ignored the BB's and CC's because I usually make my own TM by mixing in a drop or two of foundation in a little jar filled with moisturizer. Is there really a difference?
    I have actually gone back to my Maybelline Fit Me foundation, because the Maybelline and Garnier BB I've tried seem to make me break out. I've found the BBs don't really cover my redness (still need some concealer), and because I still need to use a separate moisturizer and powder afterwards, they don't really save me much time over the foundation.

So for those who can actually use BB/CC as their only product, awesome, but they don't seem ideal for my skin.

vCash
    I don't use my BB alone. I sort of use it as a primer; I use a Make Up Forever powder over it. Even with the Clinique (which is full coverage, at least the way I use it), I need the powder to keep the shine at bay. But the combination lasts quite a while.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Is there really a difference?
    i'm told the original bbs from asia are different, but i think the ones made for the us are really no different than a tinted moisturizer. but it's good that they give people who want a tinted moisturizer so many more choices. my t.m. of choice is hyaluronic face glow by terry.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Just an fyi for peeps--if you wear 4.5, 5, or 5.5 shoe size, Cinderella's of Boston is having a big shoe sale online for the next couple days. All sales shoes only $15 (they come in both medium and wide widths).

Just wanted to pass that on!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    arent we dainty
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    My feet are wide, so I don't think they could be classified as dainty. My family calls them magical munchkin feet

We all have our crosses to bear

vCash
    The last time I wore a size 4.5 or 5 shoe I was in 4th grade .

Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    My feet are wide, so I don't think they could be classified as dainty. My family calls them magical munchkin feet
    Magical Munchkin Feet at least sounds dainty.

When I was 10 years old, my prim and proper Southern mother told the women in her Garden Club that I had Fred Flintstone feet.

Yeah, that does great things for a pre-adolescent's ego. Thanks a heap, Mom.

I inherited her hips, facial structure, height, fair complexion that gets sunburnt in 15 minutes during the summer, and overall thin, fine hair from head to toe -- with one exception. From my dad, I got his feet and his nose hair that apparently grows like kudzu in the South after hitting middle age .
    Last edited by Cyn; 12-02-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast