Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am sorry. Have you tried dish detergent? Don't cry. You will get a cute dress when you are done being pregnant.

But I know how you feel. At the end of my pregnancy my fingers got so swollen I couldn't carry stuff. So I picked up a big bowl of salad I'd just made and dropped the whole thing on the floor. Veggies everywhere, bowl shattered. Me like a baby. Yup, love those hormones.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am sorry. Have you tried dish detergent? Don't cry. You will get a cute dress when you are done being pregnant.
    I'll try anything! Thanks for the suggestion. I've only worn it once.

But I know how you feel. At the end of my pregnancy my fingers got so swollen I couldn't carry stuff. So I picked up a big bowl of salad I'd just made and dropped the whole thing on the floor. Veggies everywhere, bowl shattered. Me like a baby. Yup, love those hormones.
    Those hormones are the best!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    im sorry habs. i once sat in gum at a festival and stayed up all night getting it out of my pants. little things like that flip my wig. my emergency stain kit is a clorox stain fighter pen, ver concentrated. in a pinch i substitute that waterless hand sanitizer, also very concentrated.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I love the Driftwood Lupin print of that dress! It looks like gorgeous, artsy block stamping. Plus I really have it bad for that bright, cool yellow shade this year, especially paired with neutrals like the gray base

Not a fan of the mosaic print, but people's tastes in prints are SO different. I gravitate toward linear patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Any suggestions on removing the stain? I've used Shout, baking soda and now it's currently back in the machine with Oxiclean. I'm getting desperate, and my pregnancy hormones mean I can't stop crying about it.
    Try vinegar? Every time I call my mom for "how do I get this out of my clothes?!", her answer is vinegar. The internet also says salt.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Thanks, mlp. I have a couple of very low plunge bras so it should be OK. Plus I usually have my taylor close up the wrap neckline like this. I am going for it! I blame PRLady.

If I can't shop for myself I can tempt others.

In five days I will be a new size. Going from a DDD to a C means, I think, that a lot of my tops will be too big on me. Once the swelling goes down and I know what I am, I can figure out what I need to replace besides bras. I don't wear skin-tight clothing ever so some blousiness is OK.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Best of luck and speedy recovery, PRLady!!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    PRLady, sending you quick healing and recovery vibes!!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The maxi dress arrived today and it's AWESOME!!!! I luuuurve it, can't wait to wear it this long weekend. So comfy and flattering, highly recommend, ladies.

PRLady, thank you so much!

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yahoo is so droll, they have a fashion face-off between Pippa Middleton and Emmy Rossum. Who won?

Like duh.

No one ever wins in a fashion face-off against the Middleton sisters. Ever.

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    emmy is gorgeous but she styled it weird
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Emmy almost never gets it right IMO. Pippa--pretty much every time. And I agree, Emmy is beautiful in the ingenue style; and Pippa is just attractive but has much better taste.

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    pippa has crazy eyes.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Belated thanks for all the good wishes, ladies. I am happy to report that I am healing, although I will have scars for a long time (faint ones forever) and I definitely have the Frankenstein look without clothes on. Can any of you recommend the best ointment for scars? By Tuesday I no longer have to use the antibiotic ointment, and can switch to something that will alleviate the scarring....

Oddly, though, I haven't changed much in clothes size. I figured out why. What is gone is the mass between shoulder and waist, in other words, you see a lot more of my rib cage/upper torso. But because everything was pulled up, I'm only an inch or two smaller around than I was, and best as I can tell most of my clothes will continue to fit.

Except for bras and bathings suits. Those I've bought new. And it is quite something to be able to buy $33 Warners instead of $65 Wacoal.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i never found mederma to be effective. IME a cream with silicone or silicone sheeting is best.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I know some surgeons like Auriderm post op gel: http://www.dermstore.com/product_Post-Op+Gel_23684.htm

I also have some Chinese burn cream at home a different brand than this but this would probably do: http://www.amazon.com/Ching-Wan-Hung.../dp/B002ATPG3A.

It's obviously for burns but should also work for scarring. Make sure to patch test both for skin allergies. Also, the burn cream usually smells funny (herbs) and is brownish in color which may stain clothes.

ETA: Which bathing suits did you get?

Everyone I know seems to be wanting either breast augmentation (boobs shrinking with age) or breast reduction (boobs growing with age). Why can't it be the other way around???!!!
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 05-25-2013 at 11:00 PM.

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I know some surgeons like Auriderm post op gel: http://www.dermstore.com/product_Post-Op+Gel_23684.htm

I also have some Chinese burn cream at home a different brand than this but this would probably do: http://www.amazon.com/Ching-Wan-Hung.../dp/B002ATPG3A.

It's obviously for burns but should also work for scarring. Make sure to patch test both for skin allergies. Also, the burn cream usually smells funny (herbs) and is brownish in color which may stain clothes.

ETA: Which bathing suits did you get?

Everyone I know seems to be wanting either breast augmentation (boobs shrinking with age) or breast reduction (boobs growing with age). Why can't it be the other way around???!!!
    The big get bigger and the small get smaller. Really. It's so unfair, along with all the other of aging.

And since I used to have to spend very big bucks for swimsuits, I bought one modest LandsEnd Tankini, appreciating that I needed no special style or DD cup, just a plain, ordinary suit: http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-be...247047_59.html. With a regular mid-rise bottom, not the mini thingy. It fit perfectly right out of the box....

And oddly, three of my suits that I had still fit. They fit differently, but Tommy Bahama tops are very forgiving -- it's just now a lot more of me is covered up.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Cute! I am so glad your clothes still fit, especially if you have some favorites which I am sure you do. You do know you are still swollen and they will come down some within the next few months?

I am glad you did it--your shoulders and back will thank you, not to mention your wallet.

You are you know that? I started browsing Land's End swimsuit and found this: http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-sw...246918_-1.html

I need another swimsuit like a hole in the head, but which color would be best for me? PRLady has met me, otherwise I am an olive skinned brunette.

from Speedy Death

vCash

You are you know that? I started browsing Land's End swimsuit and found this: http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-sw...246918_-1.html

I need another swimsuit like a hole in the head, but which color would be best for me? PRLady has met me, otherwise I am an olive skinned brunette.
    Oooh - I love it! My preference is navy but burgundy would probably look great with your colouring (I'm guessing ).

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks! I like the navy too but they don't have anymore of the matching bottoms. PRLady posts the most dangerous links.

from Speedy Death

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I like the burgundy too.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast