Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    But permanent makeup eyebrows look fake anyway, so why bother?
    Not necessarily — there are many natural looking tattooed eyebrows. Depends on how good the tattoo artist is and what the customer wants.

vCash
    Color on your lips (from regular or permanent makeup) doesn't make your lips physically bigger the way injections do...?
    The vermilion border on my top lip doesn't extend to the cupid's bow, making it look small/non existant. When I line my lips, they look really good and quite a bit fuller, but it doesn't stay for but an hour, tops. I have been researching all day, and found that injections would pooch the top lip up, but I would still have the undefined border. The tattoo would correct that, but it fades way too fast and requires frequent touch ups to keep the color, which means every time you do it (Some say every 6 months) you have sore lips for about a week.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    The vermilion border on my top lip doesn't extend to the cupid's bow, making it look small/non existant. When I line my lips, they look really good and quite a bit fuller, but it doesn't stay for but an hour, tops. I have been researching all day, and found that injections would pooch the top lip up, but I would still have the undefined border. The tattoo would correct that, but it fades way too fast and requires frequent touch ups to keep the color, which means every time you do it (Some say every 6 months) you have sore lips for about a week.
    Yeah I'm not sure if sore lips for a week would be worth it, especially if it isn't permanent.

Have you tried a long-lasting lip color like CoverGirl Outlast? (Maxfactor used to make a great one but they've all since gone kaput. ) Normally stuff doesn't last on me, but the Outlast does stay on for the entire day, sometimes even longer.

vCash
    Have you tried a long-lasting lip color like CoverGirl Outlast?
    I left work early today, so maybe I will pick that up and try it.

If I am going to pay that much money for a cosmetic enhancement, I will pay it to a proper medical professional. I spoke with a provider who was reccommended by the doctor I work with, and they gave me a ball park price and didn't reccommend I take any herpes medication. They also assured me the cupid's bow would be enhanced, and all I needed was my tinted Burt's bees to look cute all day. The injections will cost more in the long run, but will be worth it.

vCash
    Does anyone have suggestions for a light perfume for spring/summer? I want to start looking now...maybe I can get a great deal on a gift set with Mother's Day coming.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Anything by Fresh. I love their Lychee and Sugar Lemon!
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    sugar lemon by fresh is almost the only thing that doesnt trigger my migraines, i love it
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I went to Sephora to try and find the lipstick my sister recommended, which was Clinique Long Last Soft Shine. I couldn't find a color I liked - she had Sugar Plum with her when she visited and I tried it, but I thought it was too beige. Although with trying out multiple lipsticks concurrently, it got hard to tell what exactly I was comparing. Ended up buying the Black Honey Superbalm Gloss. (They were out of Almost Lipstick...)

Maybe I should start combining colors I already have to get my perfect shade.

Also bought a cat-eye eyeliner brush, which is a long angled brush. Been practicing more with eye makeup application, so I think this will be helpful. My sister was using a tiny gel eyeliner brush, but my eyelids don't fold (and hers do), so I'll need something with more oomph.

Turns out that if you have Asian monolids, you shouldn't be applying eyeshadow all over your damn lid. Just a light application of shadow on the outer third will do, and it looks much better. With gobs of eyeliner! I could even do purple and it didn't look so ridiculous.

Next, I'll have to drop by the CVS to buy her recommended mascara - Maybelline Full N' Soft. I tried it and it worked. And maybe Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam if I don't want to using that Black Honey all the time...

vCash
    Ended up buying the Black Honey Superbalm Gloss. (They were out of Almost Lipstick...)
    I LOVE Black Honey.

vCash
    Next, I'll have to drop by the CVS to buy her recommended mascara - Maybelline Full N' Soft. I tried it and it worked. And maybe Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam if I don't want to using that Black Honey all the time...
    Fig Jam is one of the few lipsticks I've re-bought after using it up. It's AMAZING. I like it better than Black Honey, to be honest.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions for a light perfume for spring/summer? I want to start looking now...maybe I can get a great deal on a gift set with Mother's Day coming.
    Kenzo Amour or Kenzo Flower. They've become my everyday perfumes -- both light. Amour is more powdery and Flower more floral (d'uh) but try them both.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Amour is a sophisticated, worldly creation that I appreciate but it doesn't work well with my body chemistry. However, I wouldn't describe it as light. It has some punch, especially when compared to Fresh and Jo Malone skin scents.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Fig Jam is one of the few lipsticks I've re-bought after using it up. It's AMAZING. I like it better than Black Honey, to be honest.
    I'll have to try both then!

I bought a Stila every-color-under-the-sun eyeshadow palette a while ago, and now I'm more knowledgeable about how to put it on, I'm trying out all the colors. Today it's red that came out orange on me, and my girly coworker likes it more than the brown I was wearing on Monday. She thinks green would look good on me, but I tried it yesterday and I thought it was just okay. Maybe with more practice? Also, with my new cat-eye eyeliner brush! Definitely an awesome find. Putting on eyeliner on my monolids 3 inches from the mirror is so much easier now! My coworker also really liked the way my eyeliner looked today.

Now she is angrily willing me to get sideswept bangs and face-framing V-layers....

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Amour is a sophisticated, worldly creation that I appreciate but it doesn't work well with my body chemistry. However, I wouldn't describe it as light. It has some punch, especially when compared to Fresh and Jo Malone skin scents.
    I don't know Fresh, but Jo Malone lasts about 13 minutes on me and vanishes. I used to think it was the smoking -- a bad nose combined with smoke-smell -- but am discovering that actually my perfumes smell pretty much as they did before, and last (or not) as they did before. So the bottle of JM I got as a present is still pretty useless.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if it is watery and useless, you should donate it to a neurologically impaired friend
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Origins Ginger is a really nice summer scent. I see they have a rollerball for $18.50. Guess what I'm getting this weekend.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I use both the body creme and the perfume in Nectarine Blossom & Honey, which was in the morning and in the afternoon my medical assistant complimented me on how I smell. I was also chewing tropical fruit-flavored gum so that could be it too.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Fresh scents are nice but last about 5 minutes. I had Sugar Lychee but I can't bring myself to repurchase such a nothing scent for $80 (). Also, I had a rollerball that went bad so it was ruined a bit for me. My current spring/summer scent is Dolce & Gabbana No. 3 L'Imperatrice. Not a strong scent either, but nice and it does last on clothes.

Does anyone have Yves Rocher fragrances? I made an order on a whim because I saw a glowing review of Comme une Evidence on Nouveau Cheap ... and they have travel sizes for $5. I bought CuE, Voile d'Ambre and So Elixir Purple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Origins Ginger is a really nice summer scent. I see they have a rollerball for $18.50. Guess what I'm getting this weekend.
    LOVE Origins Ginger. Ever since I started wearing it I constantly get compliments on how good I smell. I figure that scent and I were meant to be.

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast