Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Sephora's eyeliner brush has been the best thing I've used with my gel eyeliners.

I like gel for a less precise look vs. liquid liners. If I want the line clean, but not so sharp and... liquid-liner-y. Like a perfect pencil liner look. Anything sharper, I'd go with Stila's liquid liner pen. It's really the best thing out there.
    I haven't tried that brush Andora. It looks wonderful though. I usually get good results with either my BB Ultra Fine Brush, angled stiff eyeliner brush or Sigma Eye Liner #E05. The stiff angle brush is wonderful for a winged liner. Sometimes I use two brushes to achieve the look I like. I bought this brush and I didn't really like it. I got it for around $7. I tried the angled/slanted Sonia Kaschuk brush but I just couldnt' get a straight thin line.

I like to use liquid liner too. I do well with felt tip liquid liners. L'Oreal Lineur Intense is really good. Also, Lancome's Artliner is fantastic. I want to try Stila's All Day liner along with the YSL liner which a MUA told me is the best.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Thought the Glamour Puss crowd might enjoy this - Allure's Bucket List of 50 Beauty Products You Must Try. I'm guessing that like me, most of you already have half of this in your bag, on your dresser or in your bathroom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Thought the Glamour Puss crowd might enjoy this - Allure's Bucket List of 50 Beauty Products You Must Try. I'm guessing that like me, most of you already have half of this in your bag, on your dresser or in your bathroom
    My favourite from that list, bar none, is the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. I keep tubes of it in my purse, my car, my desk, my bathroom.... I can't be without it.

vCash
    Went to Shoppers Drug Mart today and got a few purchases as follows:

1. Was looking for an undereye concealer and the sales lady suggested: Instant Light Brush on Perfector in 01 from Clarins. It is a light reflecting semi-highlighter type concealer for the face. You can also use it as a highlighter on top of your cheeks. The 01 is slightly pink which is perfect for my skin. It is not a heavy/full coverage but just enough for me (I have some small wrinkles and a little discoloration under the eye but 'not a whole lot going on there' according to the sales lady.)

So far I really like it. It gives enough coverage while brightening my tired eye area (due to lack of sleep mostly.)

http://www.sephora.com/instant-light...fector-P283914

2. I only use cream eyeshadows and love Makeup Forever Aqua eyes but they didn't have the wheat colour I am looking for. I found Clinique lid smoothie in 'bit o' honey.' I've not used this product before, but my mom has used another colour in this line and says that they are good. I will let you know on that one.

http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/15...our/index.tmpl

Just to come back and update regarding the Arbonne R9 skincare line, I did purchase it a few weeks ago and I must say that I am loving it. My skin has never been better. So that was worth the investment there ....so far, anyway.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    http://www.sephora.com/instant-light...fector-P283914

2. I only use cream eyeshadows and love Makeup Forever Aqua eyes but they didn't have the wheat colour I am looking for. I found Clinique lid smoothie in 'bit o' honey.' I've not used this product before, but my mom has used another colour in this line and says that they are good. I will let you know on that one.

http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/15...our/index.tmpl
    I hope you have better luck than I did. I had to return it as I found it so horrible. Mary Kay's cream eyeshadow in beach blonde is an amazing alternative. Though I guess you can't get that at SDM.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I figure I can always give it to my mom if I don't like it as she seems to like them alot.

vCash
    Ok, I've been trying to branch out and use bolder colors other than nude colored make up. Today I used Wet n' Wild's Cherry Picking lipstick. BRIGHT! I almost wimped out and wiped it off but forced myself to keep it on. It lasted pretty long, stayed on through my daughter's softball practice and son's basketball practice, a total of 5.5 hours. I sipped a lot of water too so I'm pretty impressed considering how cheap it is. Here I am on the way to softball.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It looks really good on you, mhh! Don't be afraid, you can pull it off and then some!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I love it. Looks great on you!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    It looks great on you!
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Honey, how can you be afraid of color with that gorgeous hair? I love the look and can't imagine you with a lesser lip color!

vCash
    Honey I agree the color brightens your face. You should try coral and orange colored lipsticks too. A pink/coral would look great with your skin tone.

vCash
    *Shakes fist at everyone* Thanks to this damn thread I went and tried Clinique's Almost lipstick in Black honey. And then I bought it. Oh and I bought Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. Do I need either one? No. But they're both so good...

And yes I agree that you shouldn't be freaked out about adding color--it really pops with that hair.

vCash
    Thanks, ladies!!! ♥ I'm pretty fearless with hair (I can always color it black again) but for some reason I'm really wimpy with makeup colors. It never registered in my mind until recently that I can just remove the make up if I don't like it. Pink/coral lipstick? : I'll try to work up the nerve for it, lol. I really owe it to you ladies with all of your tips and product links.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Thanks, ladies!!! ♥ I'm pretty fearless with hair (I can always color it black again) but for some reason I'm really wimpy with makeup colors. It never registered in my mind until recently that I can just remove the make up if I don't like it. Pink/coral lipstick? : I'll try to work up the nerve for it, lol. I really owe it to you ladies with all of your tips and product links.
    With your skin tone a coral or pink/coral would be so pretty. Try Wet N’ Wild Megalast Lip Color in Coral-ine or MAC crosswires is a good safe option. However, if you want to be adventurous, try MAC's Impassioned. It looks scary but on the lips it's gorgeous on so many skin tones. I'll recommend some others if you'd like. The singer Leona Lewis' signature lipstick look is coral and it looks fantastic with her coloring.

Leona Lewis coral lipstick 1 Leona Lewis in pink/coral lipstick

One of favorite celebrity makeup artist is Francois Nars(created of Nars cosmetics) has some many tips and quotes about beauty that are really positive.

don't be too serious; it's only makeup!". Banish the word Shouldnt' from your makeup vocabulary. Find your own way, have an open spirit and believe in your own beauty
    Another Nars tip: Apply lipstick over gloss; it sofens and changes the look of the lipstick.
    Soften the look of a dark or red lip by apply a light color gloss over it, in the center of the lip.
    Last edited by topaz; 02-25-2013 at 05:57 AM.

vCash
    I posted this in the oscar thread but I wanted to repost it here.

Michael Ashton talks about developing Adele's look

Retro Glam look

Piwiwoo's Nick Adele Tutorial - The winged liner is freaking AMAZING.

Elizabeth Taylor Putting on Eye Makeup - This look so fierce and wonderful. It's a bold look and I love it.

I've been obsessed with the classic late 50s, 60s looks of late. I love winged liner and I've found that it looks fantastic on different eye shapes, especially those of us with hooded lids.

My favorite winged liner celebrity looks are Sophia Loren - Her brows, liner, everything is just perfect. She's wearing a double winged liner.

Lena Horne circa 1963 or 64 - Great brows, graphic winged liner and a coral lip.

Both of these ladies have "hooded eyelids".

vCash
    I wear winged liner almost every day. Mostly due to days I wind up with thicker liner-- the wing helps even it out.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    That coral lipstick is so pretty, perfect for spring and summer. Ooooh, need to work up more courage for sure. hehehe I love winged eye liner! It takes a lot of practice though. I also agree, love, love, love, the glam retro look!

vCash
    Finally, eyeshadow success! I kicked around youtube, and it dawned on me to search for how to create an Asian eye with makeup, instead of all these videos that try to create a deep lid on Asian eyes. Very easy, since all I had to do was follow the shape of my eye instead of trying to create a different one. Now I can wear that $35.00 shadow combo, and it turns out the colors are very flattering.

Also got a lot of good tips from watching Michelle Phan who is an amazing artist, and it's such fun to watch her transform herself into various celebrities, though I think she's prettier just as herself.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. Now, if anyone knows what to do with long, straight spider leg eyelashes. I tend to cut them, but it's hard to get it right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. Now, if anyone knows what to do with long, straight spider leg eyelashes. I tend to cut them, but it's hard to get it right.
    Please tell me you are not cutting your own eyelashes?

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast