Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    MLP... I found out that Sephora will not be carrying Benefit's creaseless shadow/liners ANYMORE! Not even on sephora.com.

So if you're in sephora and you see the product. Stock up or go to benefit.com to buy them. I currently use top brass(which was a sephora exclusive), busy signal, strut and skinny jeans as bases and alone. So I'm a little ticked out. I loved to use top brass as a base for my bronze shadows. I guess I'll have to switch to MUFE Aqua Cream #12. This is Benefit's Top Brass
    As a Skinny Jeans & RSVP wearer, that's too bad. Shopper's Drug Mart will hopefully still carry them in Canada. Wouldn't Ulta in the US?

Why aren't they carrying them?
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am interested in getting a gel eyeliner and brush. Any recommendations?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    that's too bad. i normally get my benefit at bloomingdales. i try to save the sephora pilgrimage for stuff i cant get at my other local stores.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    i am interested in getting a pencil gel eyeliner. any recos?

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am interested in getting a gel eyeliner and brush. Any recommendations?
    I wear Smashbox's Jet Set waterproof eyeliner in Jet Black, and I have no complaints about it at all.
    MAC's and Coastal Scent's are also very good.

You should use a slanted brush to apply it. I don't have recommendations on it, as I got mine on a craft store .

And you can also use regular eyeshadow as an eyeliner. Use a wet, with water or some glycerin mixing medium (MAC has one, but you can do one yourself with 2 parts water, one part glycerin), slanted brush, tap the eyeshadow with it and apply it
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    I heard from a sephora clerk that Benefit is "re packaging" their products and Sephora decided not to carry the cream shadows anymore. The cream shadows the one of the biggest seller for Benefit at Sephora. Andorra I would try Ulta but I would think your best bet would be the Benefit website.

IA - gel liners I recommend Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner and then MAC Fluidline. BB has more colors than MAC and the staying power for BB is outstanding. Good a good eye liner brush, Bobbi Gel liner and life is good.

Fan - I have tried Bobbi Brown's gel liner pencil and it a good product. I heard Avon has a gel pencil but I have tried them yet.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    I wear Smashbox's Jet Set waterproof eyeliner in Jet Black, and I have no complaints about it at all.
    MAC's and Coastal Scent's are also very good.

You should use a slanted brush to apply it. I don't have recommendations on it, as I got mine on a craft store .

And you can also use regular eyeshadow as an eyeliner. Use a wet, with water or some glycerin mixing medium (MAC has one, but you can do one yourself with 2 parts water, one part glycerin), slanted brush, tap the eyeshadow with it and apply it

I use regular eye shadow as eyeliner but think that the gel has a more uniform, precise look. I like both looks and intend to use both but wanted the more defined look of gel for variety's sake.

I got MAC in Blacktrack and their smaller slanted brush today. I have a larger slanted brush and it's good for wet regular eye shadow application as eyeliner but not precise enough for gel.

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post

IA - gel liners I recommend Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner and then MAC Fluidline. BB has more colors than MAC and the staying power for BB is outstanding. Good a good eye liner brush, Bobbi Gel liner and life is good.
    topaz, stopped by the Bobbi Brown counter--no one there. MAC had two salesladies so I headed to MAC. Returned Armani Maestro. For that I expect to look 25. It really wasn't doing much for me other than drying out my skin.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Avon has liqui-glide glimmerstick eye liner. Not too pricey but I don't have any info on how long lasting they are.

vCash
    I know this isn't make-up/beauty related, but does anyone have any tips on how to make shoes that are a little too large fit better? I found a pair of heels that I LOVE but they're about a half-size too big. Normally this would not be a problem but since they are, well, heels, my foot slides into them and crunches my toes.

If I can't fix them it's no big loss; they were stunningly cheap ($3!!!) so it's not like I'm out of money. I was thinking maybe those silicone pads on the heel to grip my foot better and maybe some padding on the side to help fill the space. Actually, anything like Dr. Scholes would probably work since they help pad shoes, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

Quadless
    vCash
    Not makeup but lingerie (a different type of glamor - can't find the "what to wear" thread). JCPenney now has it's own line done by Cosabella. Some cute basics at a fraction of the cost of Cosabella's regular stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I know this isn't make-up/beauty related, but does anyone have any tips on how to make shoes that are a little too large fit better? I found a pair of heels that I LOVE but they're about a half-size too big. Normally this would not be a problem but since they are, well, heels, my foot slides into them and crunches my toes.
    This should be an easy fix. Buy insoles by Dr. Scholl's or a house brand - they make them for just under the ball of the foot or you can buy whole ones and cut the heel part off. You might need a double layer, so experiment. Once you find that they work, you can either leave them as is sitting on top of your shoe's inner liner, or you can lift it up and place them underneath.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    There are some really cute Cosabella things there, BB! Thanks!

I've been using my MAC gel liner and like it but it's not the perfectly defined look I was hoping for. I think I am just not good at it yet. Any tips as to how to make a perfect, uniformly colored line?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    There are some really cute Cosabella things there, BB! Thanks!

I've been using my MAC gel liner and like it but it's not the perfectly defined look I was hoping for. I think I am just not good at it yet. Any tips as to how to make a perfect, uniformly colored line?
    Use a liquid liner?

vCash
    Practice. There are tons of YouTube videos on how to apply gel liner. Make sure you're getting enough liner on your brush - if you're having color patchiness, it sounds like you're using too little product.

(I find liquid liner to be even patchier than gel)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    (I find liquid liner to be even patchier than gel)
    I recently converted to liquid liner and I love it. After about a week of "put it on, take it off, try again" mornings, I got the hang of it. I'm nervous about trying gel... one big liner change every few years is good enough for me.

My new mascara find is Clinique's 24-Hour Pretty. I bought some on a whim last week and love the results. I haven't had any smudging at all - even after a long day - and my lashes look great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    Avon has liqui-glide glimmerstick eye liner. Not too pricey but I don't have any info on how long lasting they are.
    love this product. It lasts all day and if I am too lazy to wash off at night it lasts into the next day! My bad.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Stopped by Sephora today and picked up Bare Minerals eye shadow quad in the Happy Place and lipstick in Black Currant.

topaz, you will be proud of me, I went for a stronger lip color. The sales guy told me that with my olive complexion I should be going for this kind of bluish red if I were to go strong. I am very happy with this.

Still working on my gel liner application skills. I need a class.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    IA - I am so proud at your lipcolor choice. That's a gorgeous color too.

Gel liner is not for the novice. It does take practice as Versperholly stated but. Try using short strokes and try starting the line in the middle of your eye or at the end/outer corner. Or what works for me; I sit my elbow on the counter or table to stablilize my arm.

Michelle Phan's Eyeliner Tutorial. Try this tutorial
    Last edited by topaz; 02-15-2013 at 01:59 AM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    My experience is that, even with video tutorials, when it comes to eyeliner, practice is your best friend.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    My experience is that, even with video tutorials, when it comes to eyeliner, practice is your best friend.
    I totally agree. I use Lancome's gel eyeliner which comes in a pot and requires a brush. I bought their fancy expensive brush, but I get better control and results using a concealer brush (the kind that looks like a mini foundation brush).
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

vCash
    Sephora's eyeliner brush has been the best thing I've used with my gel eyeliners.

I like gel for a less precise look vs. liquid liners. If I want the line clean, but not so sharp and... liquid-liner-y. Like a perfect pencil liner look. Anything sharper, I'd go with Stila's liquid liner pen. It's really the best thing out there.

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast