Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    mlp, check out Fresh for perfume, no hurling guarantee.

I checked out that famous Armani foundation, the one that comes in a dropper. It does disappear into my skin but I really don't see a difference on the side of the face where I applied it vs. the side where I haven't. What is the point?
    Then I hate you.. I mean it

The "Maestro" foundation is a complexion corrector its suppose to even out skin tone. Either you don't need it or the coverage is light. How many drops did you use? The makeup is buildable a little.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Have you tried Brown Sugar by Fresh? I love it for weekends with hubby and baby Ice and other unsophisticated noses.

I am now expecting the arrival of Chanel Glossimer in Imaginaire. It's not the obnoxious purple you see on the screen but rather a soft and pretty berry.

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Then I hate you.. I mean it

The "Maestro" foundation is a complexion corrector its suppose to even out skin tone. Either you don't need it or the coverage is light. How many drops did you use? The makeup is buildable a little.
    I used one big drop to try on one side of the jawline only and compared under natural light. Not a smidgen of difference. Impressive disappearing act, I'll give them that.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    fresh is what i wear, the lemon sugar, occasionally i like to branch out but it never works.

i saw a difference w the armani foundation, the pigment evened things out or whatever
    I know right. My skin tone even out when I applied it. It also feels moisturizing and lightweight. Also, it sets and powder is not needed, which is a huge plus for me.

topaz tell me about this reflecting powder and the pro finish. also, the makeup forever foundation, is it full or light coverage?i cant get enough foundations for some reason.

i dont wear lipstick only gloss. and it takes me a long time to work through eye shadow. i am still working on the pale purple one veronika gave me forever ago.
    MLP the Makeup forever(MUFE) pro finish foundation is wonderful. The pro finish can be used dry or wet. It's a powder compact foundation. When you use it dry - the finish is light to medium coverage. It gives a matte finish when used dry.
    When used wet the finish is sheer to light; the finish is satin looking. I was given a sample a few weeks ago and loved it. I did notice that the color/shade is different in the compact then when applied. It applied slightly darker. So try it out in the store.

The foundation feels weightless, moisturizing and my skin felt so smooth after using it. Plus it last all day.

Nars Reflecting Setting Powder - The blogs have been raving about it. It's similar to the HD micro setting powders but this powder does not contain ingredients that leave "white cast" on the face. It blurs fine lines and pores. You can get it in a loose or pressed powder.

CafeMakeup's review and Beautylish's review

One other suggestion, try Too Faced's Pink Leopard Bronzer. It looks crazy but the results when mixed together are FAB. I have another Too Faced Carribean in Compact - Snow Bunny. Snow bunny looks good on every skin tone. Pink Leopard looks ashy on my deep skin tone
    Last edited by topaz; 02-10-2013 at 12:03 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the brown sugar is too sweet for me

thanks for all the information topaz!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    the brown sugar is too sweet for me

thanks for all the information topaz!
    Sugar Lychee? Delightful summer scent.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Have you tried Brown Sugar by Fresh? I love it for weekends with hubby and baby Ice and other unsophisticated noses.

I am now expecting the arrival of Chanel Glossimer in Imaginaire. It's not the obnoxious purple you see on the screen but rather a soft and pretty berry.

I used one big drop to try on one side of the jawline only and compared under natural light. Not a smidgen of difference. Impressive disappearing act, I'll give them that.
    LOL, well I guess that means it matches your skin tone. Next time try all over the face and see if "evens out" your complexion.

I like that obnoxious purple on the ad. Seriously, I love purple lip products but then again I like bold colors. I'm dying to get this one Chanel Allure Lip Color in #116 envoutante

vCash
    I recently tried some Fresh products. I got a sample of the Black Tea Age Defy Face Serum and the eye cream. I loved both of the products but the face serum is $80. That's just nuts.

My current face serum is Korres' Wild Rose Brightening Eye and Face Serum. It retails for around $42, it works well but the Fresh serum just felt incredible. So I have the age-old dilemma; should I stick to what's working or try something new.

I use mostly natural products for skincare(Korres and Boscia). I like my skincare regimen and it works. I've been using this regimen for about 2 years now. I use Boscia's cream cleanser, balancing tonic, daily face moisturizer and recharging night cream every day. Twice a week I use Boscia's face polish and their intense moisture. I use to use their enlivening ag eye cream but ran out and didn't purchase another. I was using Lancome's genfique eye cream that I receive a sephora rewards package. But I don't really see a diffence with the lancome product. Once the lancome is finished, I"m gonna us some bobbi brown hydrating eye cream that I like and use during the day.

vCash
    I have the Pink Leopard bronzer (duh )

I love it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    LOL, well I guess that means it matches your skin tone. Next time try all over the face and see if "evens out" your complexion.
    So I washed my face (again), put my moisturizer on and them 4 drops of the stuff evenly distributed. Am I supposed to experience rapture? It looks very nice--I am super proud of myself for picking out the correct shade online, 6.5. It does feel a bit drying on my combination skin but it's staying put so far--it's been a few hours. If it stays on through the ladiezzz free tonight, I will keep it. Should I use more moisturizer with it, to combat that drying feeling?

I like that obnoxious purple on the ad. Seriously, I love purple lip products but then again I like bold colors.
    It would look nice on a richer skin tone as is in the picture but when you actually put it on, it's rather tame and natural looking. I am so overly conservative when it comes to lip color. This is about as adventurous as it gets in purple for me. And I prefer to be tanned for it.

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    i dont wear lipstick only gloss. and it takes me a long time to work through eye shadow. i am still working on the pale purple one veronika gave me forever ago.
    Purple!

Random thoughts: I have found a kindred makeup spirit in a coworker now. Though she doesn't like to wear eyeshadow--I'm trying to help her out with that. And I've probably bought about 20 bottles of nail polish in the last 3 months. And I still love mascara.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    start her on neutral brightening eyeshadow that makes her look like she's had a wonderful nap, i'm starting a 12 step program for the stuff and i'll need more people
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Humanity will not forget your tireless and selfless service, mlp. What did you end up getting at Sephora?

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    no my trip is on monday. i just gave you guys a couple of days to pull my list together.

vCash
    start her on neutral brightening eyeshadow that makes her look like she's had a wonderful nap, i'm starting a 12 step program for the stuff and i'll need more people
    need! which one? (please and thanks)

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i have really good luck with the MAC eye shadows. i like nylon, dazzlelight, naked lunch, ricepaper, shroom and honesty. i also really like the benefit creaseless cream eyeshadow, i wear rsvp a lot. i also think the wet and wild eyeshadows have great staying power, comparable to MAC. they have these eyeshadow quads that are practically free. each one has at least one or two neutral colors in it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I love this product Caudalie Vinexpert Radiance Day Fluid I don't know if it has any long term effects--don't use it every day. On special occasions I put it on after moisturizer and before BB cream and my skin has a nice glow that lasts all night. Not sure if it's the active ingredients, the luminizing agents or both. Makes you look glowing and dewy.

My other weapon does not seem to be available at Sephora--Origins Halo Effect. I have it in Pink Potion. The packaging makes application annoying (think glass Ketchup bottles) but it makes you look like you are just back from the most relaxing vacation. Not sure if Benefit High Beam is as good but the idea is the same.

WRT MAC eyeshadows: I have Concrete, Copperplate, Patina, Blanc Type and All That Glitters. Love them all.

This woman is wearing Patina very beautifully and I am sure she is using a luminizer of some kind. Great job. She looks like she has barely any make up on (she really has a ton) and looks so polished.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 02-10-2013 at 05:10 AM.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Nars Reflecting Setting Powder - The blogs have been raving about it. It's similar to the HD micro setting powders but this powder does not contain ingredients that leave "white cast" on the face. It blurs fine lines and pores. You can get it in a loose or pressed powder.

CafeMakeup's review and Beautylish's review
    Alrighty then, must set some time to check this baby out! I've tried so many HD powders that leave that white/gray cast, hopefully this one will work. I'll check out the new MUFE foundation too. Thank you!!!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    I managed to find korean BB cream in a drugstore in small town southern Brazil at ridiculous prices.
    I can't understand a single thing written on the box/bottle, but it works beautifully
    Think I'll go back and buy some more
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Hello ladies,

I have had good luck with Lancome skin care products (no breakouts, no red skin, etc). I am beginning to see some wrinkles under my eyes in the area just outside of the nose. I have been using Visionnaire for probably a year and a half. I was looking online to buy another bottle, but I see Genifique heavily advertised. Would any of you experts care to recommend which product I should go with? Here are some specifics:

I do not have pore issues, rare breakouts.
    I have a few freckles, some very light/minor sunspots
    Starting to notice increased wrinkling, crowsfeet, dark circles under eyes....you know, the usual changes that women of a certain age experience.

Thanks!

vCash
    MLP... I found out that Sephora will not be carrying Benefit's creaseless shadow/liners ANYMORE! Not even on sephora.com.

So if you're in sephora and you see the product. Stock up or go to benefit.com to buy them. I currently use top brass(which was a sephora exclusive), busy signal, strut and skinny jeans as bases and alone. So I'm a little ticked out. I loved to use top brass as a base for my bronze shadows. I guess I'll have to switch to MUFE Aqua Cream #12 or Mac Paint Pot in Indianwood. This is Benefit's Top Brass

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast