Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    There was a woman outside my building with deep purple hair. She looked fabulous, I almost expired from envy.

So I trundled off to Saks yesterday, where I never go, but it's the only store with a Lancome GWP in January and I need little bottles of stuff to travel with. Instead of Visionaire and Gentrifique samples, I got the new Absolue stuff in the gold packaging. Frankly I doubt it does anything incredibly different from the other gunk, but I needed the full-size Visionaire anyway so why not buy it when I can get a freebie. Also, the eye shadow palette I got was
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    There is a new store called Sigma at our mall, and all they sell is eyeshadow and some really great and affordable makeup brushes. I got 5 new brushes for a little over $40. And they are nice and soft. And their eyeshadows look like tons of fun but I have so many eyeshadows right now it's ridiculous.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Is it the same as this Sigma?

Their brush kits are great! I think their cost/benefit is even better than Coastal Scents' brushes.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    ^^ The very same! I think the store here is their first physical location. And the kits are such a good value, and the eyeshadows are too. I only did 5 because I have so many brushes already.

Ergh. "I only did 5." I am such a junkie.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    I only did 5 because I have so many brushes already.

Ergh. "I only did 5." I am such a junkie.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!

vCash
    Spring is upon us and many of the high end brands are releasing their Spring 2013 collections.

Here are a few them.

Bobbi Brown has her Pink and Red Collection which includes some new products like Retouching Powders and Long Wear Shadow Sticks. I will be purchasing a few shadow sticks, retouching powders and the lipsticks in the red/pink collection. Bobbi's creamy matte lipsticks are INCREDIBLE. They are lightweight, very pigmented. I'm normally not a fan of matte lipsticks(most are too drying) but I love this matte lipstick. I own one in the color "crushed plum" and I want to order the valencia orange lip color. BB lip color is one of the best lipsticks on the market. The shadow sticks look to be similar to Laura Mercier's caviar sticks.

Nars:
    Spring 2013 Collection
    The iconic model Stella Tenant looks fabulous.

This collection is going to break me I want 5 or 6 pieces from this collection. The reviews of the products have been really good; which does not matter to me. I've learned that some product reviews can be negative but negative because of the misuse of the product not necessarily the product itself. I've ready bad reviews of a product that work fine on me.

mac
    http://www.maccosmetics.com/index.tmpl Archie's Girl Collection Year of the Snake

Another "side" collection is Pro Wear Paint Pot Collection

I plan on getting a few items from the Year of the Snake and the Paint Pot Collection. I'm not so sure about the Archie's collection. The reviews have been good.

Estee Lauder's Pretty Naughty Collection

Chanel's Spring 2013 Collection

Laura Mercier's Arabesque Collection

Lancome In Love Emma looks gorgeous.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thank you! The Chanel collection looks the best to me. I could wear most of these. OTOH, the Laura Mercier Arabesque looks like a collection for a blonde/winter type of woman. I could never wear it. And I respectfully disagree, even the young, hip Emma Watson can't pull of that shade of teal eyeliner. May be as an editorial, but IRL, no.

Must. Not. Buy. Any Chanel stuff. Must not. This quad in 34 Eclosion is SO up my alley.. Must. Resist.

Also, Chanel nail polishes are crap, chip in a few days for that money. Not that I paid it, it was a gift but they are a surprisingly poor product. China Glaze is the most long lasting brand of all I've tried.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 01-31-2013 at 05:04 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Spring colors popping up all over! Mint and pink (of course, lol) ahhhhh... Thanks for all the spring links, Topaz, now I'm trying to decide what to get and planning how much $$ I need to save up to buy them. BTW, great beauty blog!

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    oops, forgot to post a link, the argan oil I ordered. It's listed as 100% pure so I'm hoping it is!
    Ooops, my bad. I thought you meant the brand 100% Pure. I had a bottle of their argan oil, which turned out to contain olive squalane and some other oil as well.
    Love the hair btw!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thank you! The Chanel collection looks the best to me. I could wear most of these. OTOH, the Laura Mercier Arabesque looks like a collection for a blonde/winter type of woman. I could never wear it. And I respectfully disagree, even the young, hip Emma Watson can't pull of that shade of teal eyeliner. May be as an editorial, but IRL, no.

Must. Not. Buy. Any Chanel stuff. Must not. This quad in 34 Eclosion is SO up my alley.. Must. Resist.

Also, Chanel nail polishes are crap, chip in a few days for that money. Not that I paid it, it was a gift but they are a surprisingly poor product. China Glaze is the most long lasting brand of all I've tried.
    LOL about Emma comment. Teal is actually a great color to wear for brown and blue eye; it makes the eye color pop.

Also, I have the Chanel quad in Eclosion. It was the shadow quad for spring 2013 and it is beautiful and so wearable on EVERY SINGLE SKIN TONE. I'll swatch it and show you how great it looks on the skin.

My serious WANT/DESIRE is to get my hands on some the Tom Ford quad shadow palettes: Cognac Sable Palette Cognac Sable Palette pic 2 Burnished Amber Quad. I am going to work some overtime at work so I can buy both these palettes. The reviews have been fabulous on Tom Ford's products too.

I've never bought a high end brand nail polish; I feel paying $18 for nail polish is just too much for me. I buy OPI, Essie and China Glaze. I completely agree about China Glaze. Have you tried " seche vite" top coats? The best ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Spring colors popping up all over! Mint and pink (of course, lol) ahhhhh... Thanks for all the spring links, Topaz, now I'm trying to decide what to get and planning how much $$ I need to save up to buy them. BTW, great beauty blog!
    Thanks sweetie. I'll let you and others know when I add new posts. I have to add a few over the next few days.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post

Also, I have the Chanel quad in Eclosion. It was the shadow quad for spring 2013 and it is beautiful and so wearable on EVERY SINGLE SKIN TONE. I'll swatch it and show you how great it looks on the skin.
    Would love to see it!
    My serious WANT/DESIRE is to get my hands on some the Tom Ford quad shadow palettes: Cognac Sable Palette Cognac Sable Palette pic 2 Burnished Amber Quad. I am going to work some overtime at work so I can buy both these palettes. The reviews have been fabulous on Tom Ford's products too.
    I love the Cognac one, would totally wear it.

I've never bought a high end brand nail polish; I feel paying $18 for nail polish is just too much for me. I buy OPI, Essie and China Glaze. I completely agree about China Glaze. Have you tried " seche vite" top coats? The best ever.
    No, I have not tried the seche vite top coats but thank you, sounds great. I am going to Google them! You rock!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Primped and primed my fingernails and toenails today. Now on to the hardest part: which nail polish to use? I'm thinking Revlon's Cherries in the Snow for my toes but with a twist, I'm going to use a matte top coat. (BTW, Seche Vite is awesome! Not sure if they make a matte top coat though.) For my fingers I'm thinking Sally Hansen's Smooth and Perfect in Dune, maybe a matte top coat for my ring finger as an accent or maybe use the Cherries as a "french manicure" tip.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Cherries in the Snow is sooo pretty

I use Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat. I a bit thick, but nothing that a bit of nail polish thinner won't solve.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Some glamour pusses in Japan are crazy:

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/japane...194500258.html

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I would love for my hair to match Cherries in the Snow. I really need to keep experimenting with the dyes until I can get a good match. That way it's a no brainer: CITS for hair, lips, and nails! lol Right now I'm still wimping out and playing safe with neutral brown eyeshadows and lips.

Snaggletooth, wow! I'm passing that link to my dentist, she'll keel over!

vCash
    I bought the Urban Decay Oz palette today in "Glinda"

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Good god, I recently spent over $4000 to get rid of my snaggleteeth (or is it snaggletooths?).

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    dear god, that girl in the pic has teeth pointing in every direction like a weather vane. it is bad enough when someone has jacked up teeth, i cant imagine paying someone to jack them up.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I took the tip of adding cornstarch to clear nail polish for a matte finish. It was messy with cornstarch all over my counter until I too a little folded piece of paper and used that to pour in the cornstarch in the bottle. Gave it a good shaking and oh my gosh, I have matted Cherries in the Snow toes!!! I'm sure it's not as good as Essie/OPI/Butter London's matte top coats but it's good enough for now. Let's see how long it lasts.

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast