Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What is so good about their mascaras, I'd like to know? No offense to Cyn, but I don't get the hype about Lancome mascaras. My favorite mascara has been discontinued (of course!) so I am back to same ole Clinique High Impact. I loved (was it Tarte mascara?) with little hairs that stuck to your lashes and made them crazy big but oh well. Will check out the Lights Camera Action one.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 01-13-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What is your favorite BB cream, glamour pusses?
    Clinique, but I am open to trying others. I can't wear it alone; I have to put powder over it, or I'm shiny.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Well, I'm annoyed that just when I'm leaving on a long trip and need small-size Lancome thingys, their only GWP is at Saks and requires spending $80. Oh well, I need more Visionnaire anyway and I think I'll invest in a mascara. They still make the best mascaras out there as far as I'm concerned but I usually don't spend the money.
    Speaking of Visionnaire, how am I supposed to use it?
    My new bottle of Génifique came with a free sample of it (along with Génifique moisturizer and eye cream )
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    My friend the cosmetic dermatologist has been giving me samples of the SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum. This stuff smells pretty bad, like BO at best but it heals any blemishes fast, overnight although it is not advertised to do so. I haven't used it regularly to see the full supposed re-juvinating effect but am curious. It's super pricey as you can see.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Clinique, but I am open to trying others. I can't wear it alone; I have to put powder over it, or I'm shiny.
    I reached for Clinique but the Nordstrom lady steered me away from it for some reason.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I don't have a BB cream IceAlisa as I have a deep skin tone and basically there are no companies that make BB creams in my shade. However, this is changing soon. Iman Cosmetics is coming out with a BB cream for those of us who are of tan, dark and deep complexion. I think Iman may have hit upon a gold mine because it comes in six or seven shades for WOC. In my opinion Iman is the BEST drugstore brand for makeup. Her "Sand" category is for those of medium to tan skin tones(asian and latin), "Clay" is for tan/dark complexions(mediterranean, latin, South American, Indian, Central Asian, Bi or Multi-racial) and "Earth" is for women with dark to deep skin tones(African, African American, Carribean, South American, West Indies).

Recent Makeup Purchases -
    Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color, YSL Chrono quad palette in Arctic Nights, MAC Lipstick, Makeup Forever Aqua Creams and MAC Paint Pots.

Bobbi Brown has two fantastic collections so far this month:' Bright Collection and Red/Pink Collection and Shadow Sticks.
    Last edited by topaz; 01-14-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Speaking of Visionnaire, how am I supposed to use it?
    My new bottle of Génifique came with a free sample of it (along with Génifique moisturizer and eye cream )
    I use the Visionanaire at night after cleansing and before moisturizer. I think it really did/does make a difference. But the price of that and the Genifique is so high, I substituted the Olay Regenerist serum in the morning for the Genifique, and I see no difference. (At a third of the price.)
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    delete
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What is your favorite BB cream, glamour pusses?
    I tested a bunch. High end, medium end, low end and the winner was Maybelline.

Shade #2 matches my skin perfectly, it has SPF of 20 and it only costs 9 bucks. How can you beat that? lol!
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am glad it works for you! Will take a look.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    I tested a bunch. High end, medium end, low end and the winner was Maybelline.

Shade #2 matches my skin perfectly, it has SPF of 20 and it only costs 9 bucks. How can you beat that? lol!
    I love the maybelline bb cream. I'm on my third container already. Finally a makeup I can wear every day that doesn't do my skin damage. It's not super thick but I find it's too easy to get that heavy mask look if I'm in a hurry in the morning, which I usually am.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like the olay cc cream better than any bb cream i've tried. dont ask me how they are different, i have no idea.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ugh, I am just starting to get a handle on BB creams and now we are on to CC. What is CC cream?

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i said dont ask me but the cc stands for color correcting. i'd describe it as a tinted moisturizer w some nice skin care properties.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Here are some answers to our burning questions: http://www.dailymakeover.com/positiv...he-difference/

from Speedy Death

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I use the Visionanaire at night after cleansing and before moisturizer. I think it really did/does make a difference. But the price of that and the Genifique is so high, I substituted the Olay Regenerist serum in the morning for the Genifique, and I see no difference. (At a third of the price.)
    Thanks, I did notice that my pores and fine lines (I'm 32 and stay out of the sun, so luckily I don't have much going on on my face) get better immediately with Visionnaire, but I don't have enough for a long term treatment.
    So I'll stick with Génifique for now. Not that I'm complaining, my skin gets SO much better with it after using it for 30 days straight.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Some people are lucky in more ways than one: they can pull off blonde and brunette: http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-new...173614932.html

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i said dont ask me but the cc stands for color correcting. i'd describe it as a tinted moisturizer w some nice skin care properties.
    Ohhhh, I'd like to try that. I have the Origins BB cream and has a really nice feel to it, but it does look a little orange on me. And I have the lightest shade.

vCash
    ok, my latest ionic ceramic blow dryer (cheap Revlon from Walgreen's) blew a fuse in my house last night. Hubby is furious and so I'm ready to spend some $ on a decent hair dryer that will get the job done fast and smooth. We have an Ulta here in town but not much more than Sally's or Mally's beauty supply. My last hair dryer also did some electronic damage to another bathroom and he would rather I not burn the house down on the way to smooth hair. Suggestions?

vCash
    If you don't mind spending $$, I love my T3 (got it secondhand). They go for about $175-200.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast