Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Anita, did you try a silicon based primer, like Smashbox Photo Finish?
    They don't dry out the skin and make it really smooth.
    (I have oily, sensitive skin that is prone to flaking around the nose and it works great on me)
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Anita I would reconsider trying a primer again. The good thing about sephora, you can get a "sample" of the primers available at the store. I don't have oily skin but from what I've researched the following primers may help you:

1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 - try a sample or buy the .33 oz size for $18
    2. Too faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer - Vitamins A & C, mulberry extract, and a powerful dose of Retinol(if you're irritated by retinol then I would stay away)(works on all skin types)
    3. CoverFX Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-Acne Treatment
    4. Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Prime

Foundations I heard Maybelline's dream mousse foundation is a decent, good option for aging and oily skin. Matifying Compact Foundation, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
    I'll keep those in mind, thanks. Alf will be hanging out with his best man this weekend and spending all his time skateboarding, so I'll have time to go shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Anita, did you try a silicon based primer, like Smashbox Photo Finish?
    They don't dry out the skin and make it really smooth.
    (I have oily, sensitive skin that is prone to flaking around the nose and it works great on me)
    I have that, I don't use it often, but I have it.

How much do you use at once? It's so expensive that I only use like, the teeniest little dollop when I DO use it. Like, half a pump. Maybe I have to use more to see a real difference.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post

How much do you use at once? It's so expensive that I only use like, the teeniest little dollop when I DO use it. Like, half a pump. Maybe I have to use more to see a real difference.
    I don't use a full pump either. It's fine for me...
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    My oily skin defies all primers at this point...sigh. I've just given up and committed to blotting 2-3 times per day.

vCash
    My friend just sent me this link. The ultimate test of long-lasting makeup: asking a group of female Muay Thai fighters to wear it while working out.

http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/...girls-who.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    But Benefits Oxygen Wow foundation is a friggin' miracle. Brightens, covers, doesn't look like a mask and their Honey shade is an exact match for my skin. It's not even that expensive!
    I decided to give this a try - it's AMAZING. The ivory shade is perfection on my skin. I love how lightweight this is and the coverage is fabulous. Thanks for the tip!

vCash
    Yesterday, I bought Urban Decay lip gloss? gel? goop? in Perversion. Love the color, but it is a mess to put on. Doesn't spread on evenly at all, so it takes a bit to get it all looking good. Which, you know, isn't supposed to happen with gloss. Or whatever it is.

vCash
    So I dropped by a Sephora today and they outfitted me with the Bare Escentuals Ready foundation, which is their usual stuff in pressed powder form. The makeup guy was really good at choosing the right color for me, and also helped me choose a natural-looking blush color too so I could get to my $50 minimum for the $15 gift card.

He also recommended doing my eyes simply because I plan to wear my (extremely strong prescription) glasses to the wedding and I never know what to do with my eye makeup. Eyeliner is impossible because one eyelid folds under more than the other. I tried doing liquid eyeliner this weekend and it was like, W.T.F. No idea how to make it look even!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I decided to give this a try - it's AMAZING. The ivory shade is perfection on my skin. I love how lightweight this is and the coverage is fabulous. Thanks for the tip!
    Thanks for the tips on the Oxygen Wow foundation! I bought some yesterday, tried it this morning and so far, I am very happy with it. I get easily overwhelmed in Sephora, but knowing what to ask for helped with that.

INTJ
    vCash
    While we're talking about foundation... I am in desperate need of new foundation. Right now I'm using a Shiseido one which I like but the bottle sucks. I can't travel with it because it leaks. I have combination skin and it's really, really pale (I glow under black light) meaning that most drugstore brands don't come light enough. I like my foundation light and usually favour liquid foundations. Ideas?
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    i bought this with my sephora coupon and am very happy with how they're wearing - i love the stila holiday sets.

http://www.sephora.com/seeing-stars-...-value-P376462

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    So I dropped by a Sephora today and they outfitted me with the Bare Escentuals Ready foundation, which is their usual stuff in pressed powder form. The makeup guy was really good at choosing the right color for me, and also helped me choose a natural-looking blush color too so I could get to my $50 minimum for the $15 gift card.

He also recommended doing my eyes simply because I plan to wear my (extremely strong prescription) glasses to the wedding and I never know what to do with my eye makeup. Eyeliner is impossible because one eyelid folds under more than the other. I tried doing liquid eyeliner this weekend and it was like, W.T.F. No idea how to make it look even!
    Do you have a friend or relative who is makeup savvy? If so, get that person to do your eyes for the wedding. My friend who had significant experience with liquid eyeliner from getting her daughter ready for dance performances did mine. Someone else can get it even. Plus, if you have a high prescription, I know from experience that it is hard to do eye makeup yourself and get it perfect.

(Side note--contacts, even if you need glasses over them, usually result in better correction and studies have shown they slow changes of the cornea. They are not just for vanity.)

vCash
    I picked up Maybelline MegaPlush mascara the other day. In my small town, it's slim pickings. Not a fan at all.

The gel type brush is impossible for me to use, it's moveable. The result is that my eyes look like I rolled out of bed and forgot to apply any type of masacra what so ever. Le sigh.
    I'm honest, just not always in a nice way

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    The current state of my nails
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!

vCash
    Can anyone suggest a good hair texturizer? My mom helped with deciding how to wear my hair for the wedding, but even with braids, my hair wants to come out! "It's too sleek!" "Well, Mom, many people pay $500 for keratin treatment to get sleek hair..." The grass is always greener.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    While we're talking about foundation... I am in desperate need of new foundation. Right now I'm using a Shiseido one which I like but the bottle sucks. I can't travel with it because it leaks. I have combination skin and it's really, really pale (I glow under black light) meaning that most drugstore brands don't come light enough. I like my foundation light and usually favour liquid foundations. Ideas?
    I'm as pale as Casper too. What I've noticed lately is that the BB creams come in very light shades. The lightest shade of the Smashbox BB cream is actually too light for me (almost unheard of) and also the Maybelline BB cream lightest shade is too light for me too. (Sadly, the second lighest shade of Smashbox BB cream is too DARK for me, so I can't wear that one at all.)

For foundation I wear currently is Makeup Forever HD in shade #115. Another tip is to look for European brands (ie. L'Oreal) as I find that they tend to come in lighter shades.

I got a $25 gift card for Sephora for Christmas. Can't wait to spend it.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    One of my Christmas presents from my mom is the Ciate mini-mani nail polish set from Sephora. There are 24 polishes and 4 colours of caviar pearls.
    I'm still sick so I'm staying home today.... it will be a perfect chance to try out a few new colours!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am not in possession of a foundation at the moment but need to make a trip to Sephora to pick up mascara but you all got me intrigued about that Oxygen thing. I wonder what shade matches me. I am sort of olive-complexioned with plenty of yellow so all the pink-faced reviewers who complained about the yellow are actually giving me good news.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am not in possession of a foundation at the moment but need to make a trip to Sephora to pick up mascara but you all got me intrigued about that Oxygen thing. I wonder what shade matches me. I am sort of olive-complexioned with plenty of yellow so all the pink-faced reviewers who complained about the yellow are actually giving me good news.
    As you know, I'm as yellow as you are. Golden, I like to say. Start with the honey shade which is a tad too light for me, I found out by looking at photos, but is very close.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with the same shade.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast