Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 953
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In and around.
    Posts
    10,628
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3495
    Either we Canadians didn't get Sephora coupons ( or I've finally ceased spending enough to be a VIB. The latter is kind of tragic, even if I've done my best to avoid mecca-- sorry, Sephora since my wedding.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Skating in a Canadian beautiful way
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,752
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    13973
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Either we Canadians didn't get Sephora coupons ( or I've finally ceased spending enough to be a VIB. The latter is kind of tragic, even if I've done my best to avoid mecca-- sorry, Sephora since my wedding.
    I'm Canadian and received my $20 coupon....

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In and around.
    Posts
    10,628
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3495
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I'm Canadian and received my $20 coupon....
    See? TRAGIC.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    12,996
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I'm Canadian and received my $20 coupon....

    I received a $15 one.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    living in Crazytown
    Posts
    2,669
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5392
    Where's my dang Sephora coupon???
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

  6. #26
    gold dust woman
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,054
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Are you a Beauty Insider?

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    living in Crazytown
    Posts
    2,669
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5392
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    Are you a Beauty Insider?
    Yes, both in store and online.
    I admit I'm pretty busy with the little dude and could have missed it but usually those emails tend to stick out for me.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rude Europe
    Posts
    4,115
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1714
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Yes, both in store and online.
    I admit I'm pretty busy with the little dude and could have missed it but usually those emails tend to stick out for me.
    I got mine in the regular mail a few days ago, so check there.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    living in Crazytown
    Posts
    2,669
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5392
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    I got mine in the regular mail a few days ago, so check there.
    I just found it. $15 coupon in my junk email account. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

  10. #30
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33169
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I'm worried about you. Are you feeling OK? (I'm only half-kidding.)
    Don't worry, all is well. I noticed that I am running low on my tinted moisturizer (Tarte Smooth Operator) and used the coupon after all. I will still buy some goodies for my MA's though.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,641
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I really want to buy some new stuff but, I don't really need anything. I should get rid of a bunch of my lipstick. Some of this is old, and I never wear it anyway, so perhaps I should replace them with things I do wear. I found some almost-new eye shadow I bought about ten years ago. Good Lord.

    I want a Sephora coupon! I should check my junk email...

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Speaking of Sephora, I was thinking of getting one of those consultations before my wedding to figure out what foundations and things my skin will like. My skin is really oily but the foundations I've tried always cake up on it. And I have huuuuuge pores. Has anyone had those and can offer any advice?

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In and around.
    Posts
    10,628
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3495
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Speaking of Sephora, I was thinking of getting one of those consultations before my wedding to figure out what foundations and things my skin will like. My skin is really oily but the foundations I've tried always cake up on it. And I have huuuuuge pores. Has anyone had those and can offer any advice?
    I had a skin and makeup consult before my wedding. I asked them to just give me cover-up, under-eye and general foundation/highlight advice, because I was such a noob with bronzer. It was worth it, and I didn't waste time with eye/lip makeup because I had that sorted. The skin consult helped me find a decent eye gel (I can't remember the name-- it's at home) and tips on how to improve my skin even when I'm busy.

    Not bad for free.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I had a skin and makeup consult before my wedding. I asked them to just give me cover-up, under-eye and general foundation/highlight advice, because I was such a noob with bronzer. It was worth it, and I didn't waste time with eye/lip makeup because I had that sorted. The skin consult helped me find a decent eye gel (I can't remember the name-- it's at home) and tips on how to improve my skin even when I'm busy.

    Not bad for free.
    The website says $50 minimum purchase and that I have to make an appointment. Did you just walk in and start asking?

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Skating in a Canadian beautiful way
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,752
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    13973
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    The website says $50 minimum purchase and that I have to make an appointment. Did you just walk in and start asking?
    I walked in and started asking questions about products... a consultant sat me down, made me up and talked me through the products and process. I ended up buying a couple of things she showed me, but overall, well worth the time it took.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I walked in and started asking questions about products... a consultant sat me down, made me up and talked me through the products and process. I ended up buying a couple of things she showed me, but overall, well worth the time it took.
    Sounds good to me!

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,823
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2961
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Speaking of Sephora, I was thinking of getting one of those consultations before my wedding to figure out what foundations and things my skin will like. My skin is really oily but the foundations I've tried always cake up on it. And I have huuuuuge pores. Has anyone had those and can offer any advice?
    Anita, are you using a primer underneath foundation? Also, what formula of foundation are you using? Powder, cream, liquid?

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,823
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2961
    If I get any friends and family online coupons I'll let you know everyone.

    Last week, YSL, Armani and Nars had 20% off and free shipping on online orders.

    I broke down and bought $70 of YSL and $110 of Armani.

    I bought 3 Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows in #24, 27 and #6

    YSL - Two mascaras - VOLUME EFFET FAUX CILS in #3(Extreme Blue) and #5(Burgundy)

    I was good because I didn't order for Nars even though I have a few items I want from Nars.

    My next purchase will be from sephora, I received the $20 off coupon last week. I think I'll use it to by the Bobbi Brown 24K Shimmer Brick. On my dark/deep complexion, it's hard to find decent highlighters. I've only had good results with BB and Nars. BB shimmer bricks are multi-taskers, i.e eye shadow, blush and highlighters.
    Last edited by topaz; 12-06-2012 at 12:33 AM.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Anita, are you using a primer underneath foundation? Also, what formula of foundation are you using? Powder, cream, liquid?
    I sometimes wear primer, but I never notice if it makes a difference. Usually I don't wear foundation at all, just a bit of concealer to cover up pimples and red spots. I have used Bare Escentuals and I find that it can look "flaky" on my skin, like it's dry. To be fair, my skin seems to have a high turnover rate so I'm constantly having to exfoliate if I plan to wear makeup.

    Liquid foundation is usually worse with the flaky look, but I've only tried cheap drugstore brands. I really don't know where to start with the more expensive stuff! I know you can return things easily at Sephora, but it's still a lot of trouble. :

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,823
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2961
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I sometimes wear primer, but I never notice if it makes a difference. Usually I don't wear foundation at all, just a bit of concealer to cover up pimples and red spots. I have used Bare Escentuals and I find that it can look "flaky" on my skin, like it's dry. To be fair, my skin seems to have a high turnover rate so I'm constantly having to exfoliate if I plan to wear makeup.

    Liquid foundation is usually worse with the flaky look, but I've only tried cheap drugstore brands. I really don't know where to start with the more expensive stuff! I know you can return things easily at Sephora, but it's still a lot of trouble. :
    Anita I would reconsider trying a primer again. The good thing about sephora, you can get a "sample" of the primers available at the store. I don't have oily skin but from what I've researched the following primers may help you:

    1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 - try a sample or buy the .33 oz size for $18
    2. Too faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer - Vitamins A & C, mulberry extract, and a powerful dose of Retinol(if you're irritated by retinol then I would stay away)(works on all skin types)
    3. CoverFX Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-Acne Treatment
    4. Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Prime


    Foundations I heard Maybelline's dream mousse foundation is a decent, good option for aging and oily skin. Matifying Compact Foundation, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
    Last edited by topaz; 12-06-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •