Starting a new thread since the previous one had over 1000 posts....
As is usual, here comes a lengthy post full of info on Lancôme cosmetics and skincare ....
While doing my Christmas shopping, one of the things I bought was the foundation that MiniCyn wears, and in addition to that, I purchased their Beauty Box. It's $59.50 with *any* regular Lancôme purchase and TOTALLY worth the money.
Instead of having a bunch of stuff in extremely small amounts like most cosmetic lines do for their Christmas/Holiday Beauty Box sets, Lancôme instead opted to have not quite as many items, but the items in it are all full (regular) size (with the exception of the Génifique, which is a .25 oz maxi-sample - the normal size for a bottle of it is one ounce, which costs $70.00, so there was unfortunately no way they could include it in the BB without dramatically increasing the price.
I did the math for all of the products in the BB (minus the Génifique sample), and if purchased individually, the total for all of the products it contains would be a whopping $274.00 (excluding sales tax), so $59.50 isn't just a pretty damned good deal, it's a fcuking AWESOME deal steal, so to speak .
I anyone is interested in this, here's the link: Lancôme's Beauty Box. The department stores are pretty much sold out of their stock of Beauty Boxes (they're usually gone less than a week after they're available in the stores), so the only way to get one is to purchase it online.
Here's what it contains:
- One bottle of Bi-Facil (their make-up remover - the best product of it's kind on the planet)
- One Definicils mascara in Black
- One .25 oz. maxi-sample of Génifique
- One All-Over Shadow Brush (Lancôme's #22 brush)
- One Synthetic Liner Brush (the white brush end of Lancôme's #18 shadow brush, which is normally dual-ended with a natural bristle brush on the other end)
- Two Color Design lipsticks
- Two Juicy Tubes (lip glosses)
- Three Color Design eye shadows
- One Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner
Again, all of these products (except for the maxi-sample of Génifique) are the regular, full-sized ones you would normally buy individually at full price.
Plus, it's all packaged in what they describe as a "beautifully feminine train case." The case is black, and I have to admit that it's pretty darned cool looking.
The Bi-Facil, mascara, brushes, and Génifique are identical in both Beauty Boxes. The rest of the items (the lipsticks, juicy tubes, shadows, and eye pencils) are available in two color palates.
The color palate with "warm" shades is called "Sparkling Champagne," and are neutral shades (a little too neutral IMO) and are primarily light shades of earth tones - the eye shadow colors are cream, brown, and one other that I cannot remember at the moment. The eye pencil is brown, and the lipsticks are earth-toned, as are the Juicy Tubes (again, I don't know the names of the colors for any of them ).
The color palate with "cool" shades is called "Smokey Plum," and the colors in it have a bit more "pop" to them. Even though I'm an "Autumn" and generally stick to warmer tones, I can easily use the shades in the Smokey Plum color palate, and I would recommend it over the Sparkling Champagne to most everyone (though I know that there are definite exceptions to that suggestion).
Although I don't know the names of the colors for the Sparkling Champagne products, I do know the colors for the Smokey Plum . They are:
Juicy Tubes Lip Glosses: Fruity Pop and Magic Spell (both part of their regular inventory)
Lipsticks: Fashion Icon (available in their regular inventory) and Delicate Orchid (limited edition color)
Eye pencil: Black Ebony (part of their regular inventory)
Eye Shadows: Nude Silk, Sultry Violet, and Silver Twilight (all limited edition colors).
My at Lancôme also loaded me up with a bunch of maxi samples - some of them were for products they've had for a while, along with ones for their newer products:
- 2 sample tubes of Cils Booster XL (which is their mascara primer and a great product to help lengthen and thicken your lashes before applying mascara to them),
- 2 maxi-samples of Juicy Tubes in Coral Rush
- 2 maxi-samples of Rénergie Eye Multiple Action (my absolute favorite anti-aging product for the eye area - I cannot recommend this product enough)
- 1 maxi-sample (1/3 of the regular size) of Le Crayon Kohl eye pencil in Black Coffee
- 1 maxi-sample (1/3 of the regular size) of Le Crayon Kohl eye pencil in Black Ebony
- 2 sample tubes of Definicils Precious Cells mascara in Noir
- 2 VOCs (Vial-On-Card) parfum samples of their new fragrance, La Vie Est Belle (which IMO smells almost identical to Shalimar by Guerlain)
- 2 10ml (.33 oz. each) of one of Lancôme's new anti-aging product, Rénergie Éclat Multi-Lift. In addition to the anti-aging property, it comes in several different tints, so it can be used in place of foundation if used with powder. I haven't tried this yet, but once I do, I will report on how well it works and if it's worth getting.
What kinds of good/great/awesome deals has everyone been finding this Holiday Season? Please, please share -- seeing as how we're all a bunch of cosmetic junkies , we want to know, no, make that, we NEED to know about as many as possible .