vCash

Citi Pond Tree Lighting 11/27 NYC- Feat. Rochette, the Kerrs, Cousins, & Haydenettes!

http://citipondatbryantpark.com/even...-tree-lighting

Very excited to see such a great line up of skaters 2 blocks from my home!! If anyone is in the NYC area tonight, you should definitely try to catch this great lineup!

I hope everyone who is listed is there so I can fanboy out on them!
    "You may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have." ~ Stephen Sondheim

vCash
    That is a great line-up. Plus, Grace Potter is awesome live

vCash
    OMG - the one semester I'm not in NYC is when all this fun stuff happens

vCash
    How lucky for you JeffClair that this extravaganza is right at your doorstep. But that's the fun thing about living in NYC!

Enjoy and please give us a report afterward.

vCash
    I will, for sure! That is, if it doesn't (or I don't) get rained out- the weather here is less than awesome today, with an annoying gloppy wintery mix falling. If I can stand to be outside in this for an extended period of time, I will definitely report back!
    "You may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have." ~ Stephen Sondheim

vCash
    What a great line-up! Have fun tonight, JeffClair!

vCash
    So, I was able to tolerate the cold and sky-slush conditions for about 45 minutes. I got to see Steven Cousins, who is one crazy fast spinner... and very entertaining! I also got to see the Haydenettes, who are just lovely. I rarely get to see synchro in person, and every time I do, I am just amazed at the talent and conrol!

I am SO bummed that I didn't get to see Joannie or the Kerrs (especially John ), but I was cold, windy and I was wet and grumpy!

I also saw Flipping Out, a trampoline group act- very cool! Brian Stokes Mitchell (AKA Coalhouse from Ragtime) sang The Impossible Dream, and was just spectacular, as always... The Brooklyn Youth Choir sang, and sounded nice. They did a beautiful rendition of the song Sunday from Sunday in the Park with George, which is impressive because that song is difficult for most adults to learn, let alone kids around age 12!! There was also a song from some gal from 9 to 5 and Twilight- can't remember her name.

All in all, it was a nice event! I just wish it was a tad warmer so I could have seen Joannie!!!

vCash
    I was there in Bryant Park when they lighted the trees in 2006, and it really was a great show. Thank you for the reports, but sorry that you missed PJK!

vCash
    Thanks for the report!

vCash
    Thanks JeffClair! Glad you got to see and enjoy at least part of the show. Too bad you didn't get to see Joannie and the Kerrs up close, especially John.

vCash
    Thanks for the report, JeffClair. Glad you got to attend the event and see part of the show.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden