Thread: Car Tires

vCash

Question Car Tires

I have a 2003 Honda Civic 4-door sedan and need new tires, preferably American made. I will not consider any brands that are made in China.

I drive in a lot of rain and occasional light snow, mostly city driving. Anybody have any good suggestions for my car?

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Basic all-weather mud and snows should be fine. I have no idea which brands are made where though.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    My Dad sells tires. He recommends Michelin for American tires. We have Nokian (Finland) tires on all our cars, they are excellent too

vCash
    I have Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S tires on my Acura Integra. They are great tires for rain and light snow. The day I had them put on I had to drive home in the pouring rain - cars were hydroplaning all around me - but not my car. The only downside (besides the price ) is they wear fairly quickly.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I got some new tires a while back and they are so LOUD. It drives me crazy. Anyone else every experienced this? I recently had them aired up and rotated and they are even louder now (well technically I think they are back to being as loud as they were when I first got them, I think they had quieted down some as time went on).
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Any suggestions for inexpensive (but reliable) options? Are retreads worth considering?

vCash
    I don't believe radials can be retreaded successfully. Bias tires, like those on trucks can, but we all see the tire debris on the highways, so I'd think that retreading in general isn't that great an idea.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan