Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686

    New skating novel - Edge of the Past

    The sequel to Life on the Edge has been released! Here's the back cover copy:

    Emily’s skating career and personal life have never been more golden. She and her partner Chris have won every competition they’ve entered this season, and she’s found the man of her dreams in her coach Sergei. But when one of the biggest competitions of the year takes Emily and Sergei to Russia, Sergei’s past explodes into the present and makes Emily doubt everything in their future.
    It's available as an ebook right now and will be in print within a week or so. Here are the links:

    Amazon
    Barnes & Noble
    AstraeaPress

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog to celebrate the release:

    http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/...ase-party.html

    Thank you to everyone who read Life on the Edge! If you read either book, I'd love for you to leave a review on Amazon or BN. Thanks again!!!!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    usually at work...
    Posts
    107
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yay! Can't wait to read it!!

  3. #3
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686
    The paperback version is now available!

    http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/p/edge-of-past.html
    Last edited by TanithandBenFan; 12-07-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,357
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    6353
    Just ordered it today and planned to read it over Christmas break. I only planned to read a chapter.... I'm halfway finished now.

  5. #5
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Just ordered it today and planned to read it over Christmas break. I only planned to read a chapter.... I'm halfway finished now.
    Haha! *cue evil laugh* One reader told me she stayed up until 3:30 in the morning to finish it. I admit I enjoy making people lose track of time.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,357
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    6353
    I finished it!! Big surprise there, of course once I started reading it, I had to finish!!

    I know this one just came out, but will there be a third?

  7. #7
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I finished it!! Big surprise there, of course once I started reading it, I had to finish!!

    I know this one just came out, but will there be a third?
    I just started on the third book. It will be set around the 2006 Olympics, so I have to figure out the best way to incorporate CoP. I'm thinking an appendix might be in order.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    34
    Posts
    385
    vCash
    50
    Rep Power
    1008
    Just bought it on my kindle! Once I finish the book I'm currently reading, it's been bumped up to next in my queue!!
    "You may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have." ~ Stephen Sondheim

  9. #9
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffClair1979 View Post
    Just bought it on my kindle! Once I finish the book I'm currently reading, it's been bumped up to next in my queue!!
    Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,357
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    6353
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I just started on the third book. It will be set around the 2006 Olympics, so I have to figure out the best way to incorporate CoP. I'm thinking an appendix might be in order.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    34
    Posts
    385
    vCash
    50
    Rep Power
    1008
    Finished today at work! Needless to say I didn't get much work done

    LOVED it! I may even have loved it more than the first book!

    Without trying to give anything away, do I smell a 2014 Oly gold medalist in the making? Surely you won't keep us hanging!
    "You may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have." ~ Stephen Sondheim

  12. #12
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffClair1979 View Post
    Finished today at work! Needless to say I didn't get much work done

    LOVED it! I may even have loved it more than the first book!

    Without trying to give anything away, do I smell a 2014 Oly gold medalist in the making? Surely you won't keep us hanging!
    That really means a lot to me because this one was much harder to write!

    After the final book in the EDGE series, I have a couple of tentative ideas for books set around 2010 and 2014 Olympics. The main characters will be familiar faces
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    34
    Posts
    385
    vCash
    50
    Rep Power
    1008
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    That really means a lot to me because this one was much harder to write!

    After the final book in the EDGE series, I have a couple of tentative ideas for books set around 2010 and 2014 Olympics. The main characters will be familiar faces
    JeffClair1979 Likes This.
    "You may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have." ~ Stephen Sondheim

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,357
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    6353
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    That really means a lot to me because this one was much harder to write!

    After the final book in the EDGE series, I have a couple of tentative ideas for books set around 2010 and 2014 Olympics. The main characters will be familiar faces
    Yay!! Sounds great!

  15. #15
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Yay!! Sounds great!
    After being in Vancouver and experiencing the amazingness in 2010, I can't NOT write about it!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    That really means a lot to me because this one was much harder to write!

    After the final book in the EDGE series, I have a couple of tentative ideas for books set around 2010 and 2014 Olympics. The main characters will be familiar faces
    I'm loving this series.

    Especially in the third book where Doc Emmett Brown takes them back to 1979 in his Delorean to meet The Protopopovs.

    All kidding aside. This would make an absolutely brilliant mini series. Showtime, are you listening?
    Last edited by essence_of_soy; 12-21-2012 at 11:14 AM.

  17. #17
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    I'm loving this series.

    Especially in the third book where Doc Emmett Brown takes them back to 1979 in his Delorean to meet The Protopopovs.


    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    All kidding aside. This would make an absolutely brilliant mini series. Showtime, are you listening?
    From your mouth to a TV executive's ears.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  18. #18
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1686
    I forgot to ask earlier if anyone's recognized the pair on the cover.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

  19. #19

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,915
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3902
    I read the first book and now started the sequel. It makes a good read and shows that the author knows a lot about skating. However, I wish the skating part would be more up to date, that is that CoP would be in use as it was on the time where the story is set. I know it is only a small thing as the most important part of the story is between the two main characters, but it would make it more authentic. Still, the books are fun to read.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,980
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2207
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I read the first book and now started the sequel. It makes a good read and shows that the author knows a lot about skating. However, I wish the skating part would be more up to date, that is that CoP would be in use as it was on the time where the story is set. I know it is only a small thing as the most important part of the story is between the two main characters, but it would make it more authentic. Still, the books are fun to read.
    Actually, it was still in development during the 02-03 season. IIRC, the first int'l comp when it was used was 03 Skate America. And it wasn't used at Worlds until 2005. The first U.S. Nationals with CoP was 2006.

    During the 02-03 season, IIRC what the ISU (in Speedy's infinite wisdom ) did was list the marks in ascending order, so no one could tell which judges gave which marks or which tech marks went with which presentation marks. And they dropped the highest and lowest in each category (or was it the 2 highest and lowest?). At least, that's the way it worked at 03 Worlds - I was there, so I remember that quite well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •