Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    I live just about an hour from the arena so will drive every day. I will have to see if the parking package comes through since that would save some $$.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    Yes, I completely understand....I live outside Cleveland and last week we had a low of -11F with a windchill of -30F. Today its about 26F and more cold air is expected with lows below zero. I thought the shuttle in Saint Paul worked out very well. I did not stay on the skywalk because the hotels were more expensive. As I recall the volunteers did an excellent job at the end of events of lining people up inside the Xcel Center until the appropriate shuttle appeared. No one was allowed to stand outside and wait. I thought they did an excellent job! Also, for the people who are thinking about going there were also shuttles to the hotels that were on the skywalk though I don't know what the plan is for 2016. The skywalk hotels were about 1/2 mile and some people dealing with physical problems were not able to walk that far.
    Maureen, or anyone, do you remember any hotels that had shuttles that weren't on the skyway?

Sabre-rattler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    I live just about an hour from the arena so will drive every day. I will have to see if the parking package comes through since that would save some $$.
    I also live about an hour away (or will ... I just bought land there ) and plan to drive in. Though it would be nice to have a place to rest or even lie down in between events (I remember this from Nationals in D.C., which I rode the metro for quite a while to get to, and when I left the arena, I mean, I LEFT and there was no going back. I gave away a lot of tickets to people standing outside the arena!). I have friends in Greensboro, though, and may ask to crash for a few hours on their various couches since all the hotels are booked. I just wish there were more things within walking distance of the arena. I didn't go to the last Nationals in GSO, but I did once see Champions on Ice there, back in the day, when I went to UNCG. I remember it was like driving to the airport--a completely set-apart area of town (and on the other side of the tracks, too).

Soooo looking forward to getting my tickets and seeing what seats I got! I ordered the 2nd-tier all-event and the order went through on Wednesday (I know because they had to call me about some confusion). I'm supposed to find out next week.
    Like a leaf on the wind

vCash
    Can anyone comment on seat assignments if you buy through the Greensboro group instead of ticketmaster? Can you request an area or section? Can I expect good tickets?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookslut View Post
    Can anyone comment on seat assignments if you buy through the Greensboro group instead of ticketmaster? Can you request an area or section? Can I expect good tickets?
    I requested a specific section on my order form and have been told I'm in that section. I ordered the first day the tickets went on sale, though, so I'm not sure if they're still honoring specific requests.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345