Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I am under the assumption that it will be a mail/fax order for the weekend package, and not through Ticketmaster, Carolla.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Hmm. I have no idea where I'll be at in 2015, but the flights from NYC to Greensboro seem super doable.

However, I'm waaaay to afraid to commit to something like that right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Hmm. I have no idea where I'll be at in 2015, but the flights from NYC to Greensboro seem super doable.

However, I'm waaaay to afraid to commit to something like that right now
    Just an FYI. Raleigh Durham is close to Greensboro and often cheaper. (And don't worry I don't think it will sell out that quickly plus there always seem to be FSU members whose plans change....)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I am under the assumption that it will be a mail/fax order for the weekend package, and not through Ticketmaster, Carolla.
    You are correct.

Here's the link to the form I found on the website.
    http://www.2015uschampionships.com/P...der%20Form.pdf

Now comes the hard part.. is it worth the $110 extra for the 'better" seats.....
    Last edited by Carolla5501; 09-12-2013 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    So am I the only person who applied for the weekend package today?

vCash
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Carolla5501; 09-13-2013 at 10:34 PM.

vCash
    Called to update my credit card with the 2015 Greensboro National's committee and they gave me my seat assignment! I'm happy with them.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    I'm really surprised they gave it to Greensboro twice in a short time. They must have done a really good job.

vCash
    I checked with the folks at the Greensboro booth while I was in Boston and was assured that they have rented the Coliseum for the entire Nationals period. This means we'll have a lot more of the competitive segments in the big arena than we did in Boston. I was also told that the secondary rink, also in the Coliseum complex, has seating for about 1500. That should be adequate in Greensboro; I don't remember excessive crowding the last time we were there.

vCash
    I was told the same thing.
    Transport between the two venues was problematic for me in Boston; so, I'm happy to hear this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Why do they keep going to the same locations for the US Nationals, in such a short time? IMO others should be given the opportunity (like Phoenix )
    The opportunity is there. Host cities have to submit bids to host Nationals. Not very many cities and clubs submit bids because it is expensive to run Nationals and you need a lot of club volunteers. Many major cities have a sports commission whose job it is to bring in high-profile sporting events. If you want Phoenix to host Nationals, then get the local club(s) to organize a bid. It takes a major city to pull off having enough ice for the events and practices, enough hotel rooms and restaurants for participants/officials/spectators, a major airline hub nearby, etc. The smallest city I ever went to for Nationals was Spokane, and they did a great job and had record attendance. BTW what do you think the attendance would be in a warm city like Phoenix? Skating is not as popular in a lot of southern cities as it is in the northern U.S. One of the criteria USFS considers in awarding a bid is the potential for high attendance which translates into revenue.

vCash
    Someone affiliated with USFS told me Greensboro has sold more tickets a year out them they did last time and they had a pretty good turnout last time.

vCash
    And with including the juveniles and intermediates (not in Greensboro the last time they hosted), it means 192 additional competitors, plus their chaperones and coaches. Guaranteeing 2 to 3 venues and hotel rooms can be challenging even to major cities.

vCash
    to those who attended Boston 2014, anyone heard any rumors about the prospective bidders for 2017 Nationals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    There's lots to see in the Twin Cities, and we've had pretty mild January's as of late. Last year there was no snow and temperatures in the high 30's and 40's.
    LOL, when I was there last week it was 40 below zero! MN weather is like a box of chocolates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acraven View Post
    I checked with the folks at the Greensboro booth while I was in Boston and was assured that they have rented the Coliseum for the entire Nationals period. This means we'll have a lot more of the competitive segments in the big arena than we did in Boston. I was also told that the secondary rink, also in the Coliseum complex, has seating for about 1500. That should be adequate in Greensboro; I don't remember excessive crowding the last time we were there.
    Yes, seating was pretty plentiful, IIRC. According to what the Greensboro rep at Nats told me, all Novice-Senior events will be in the main arena and the Juv and Int events (with some Jr/Sr practices) will be in the practice/downstairs rink. He said the setup (with Fan Fest) will be the same as last time. I asked where the 3rd surface would be and he said they were "hopeful" the referee would create a schedule that would only require 2 surfaces. Not sure how that is possible, unless there are events and practices in the middle of the night, lol, but he seemed confident. If it could be worked out, then great, b/c I think a 3rd surface would have to be a regular rink somewhere off-site. I suppose if they are using the main arena starting Saturday, they could schedule the Juv and Int events downstairs in the first few days, before Senior practices start. I don't think they started using the downstairs rink last time until Tues or Wed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lexeoe View Post
    to those who attended Boston 2014, anyone heard any rumors about the prospective bidders for 2017 Nationals?
    I was in Boston and I didn't hear any buzz about 2017. Lots of push for Greensboro and Boston Worlds which makes sense and the 2016 people from St Paul were there too.

Is the Sheraton Greensboro already fully committed? Was looking on the website and its not one of the options when you go to book through the LOC website even though its listed as a host hotel on the website.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren329 View Post

Is the Sheraton Greensboro already fully committed? Was looking on the website and its not one of the options when you go to book through the LOC website even though its listed as a host hotel on the website.
    I expect they have it blocked for competitors, judges, tour groups, officials etc.. You can't even book it now on the Starwood website, but keep stalking. I got the Westin this year using a great rate (Paid $189 for night one and the "birthday" rate for the other two nights, which basically means you pay the amount based on the year of your birth so if you were born in 1940, you pay $40, 1960 $60, 1980 $80 etc...)

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    The Sheraton was previously open for spectators, but they've probably sold out the fan allotment. It's a huge hotel so I'm sure there will be openings through other avenues.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    The Sheraton was almost too big, I missed seeing lots of FSU'ers because we ended up on opposite ends of the hotel each evening

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast