Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yahoo!!!! We are going back to Greensboro and they are going to BURN all those crappy seats and we will get ones meant for Humans....cant wait!
    This time I am not driving to St Paul and staying with relatives...I am flying and staying nearby so I can party instead of commute. Xcel center has the best
    espresso stand ever....frozen moucha here I come. Way to go, USFSA

vCash
    So excited for St. Paul! Looking forward to seeing all your lovely faces.

Oh and there was a heat wave on Saturday of that week in 2008. I even unzipped my coat.

vCash
    Yay for Greensboro!

vCash
    I hope I'm still near enough to St. Paul in 2016 to go since I just missed attending in 2008. I want to finally go to a skating competition!

vCash
    Glad to be going back to Greensboro. Hopefully with two years notice they will open a restaurant near the arena.....that BBQ one across the street got old!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I remember even in the cold weather, it wasn't a very far walk from the rink.

and mini-donuts
    Oh I forgot about those... they were great!

Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    Glad to be going back to Greensboro. Hopefully with two years notice they will open a restaurant near the arena.....that BBQ one across the street got old!
    You gave it more then one shot? I thought it was "old" on my one and only try (I was unimpressed LOL!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    BRING IT BACK TO ATLANTA!!!

+1

vCash
    Yay for Greensboro hosting Nationals again!

vCash
    I wonder what made the USFS decide to announce where Nationals are going to be so far ahead of time. Not just for 2015 either but 2016. Have they ever announced two cities at the same time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I wonder what made the USFS decide to announce where Nationals are going to be so far ahead of time. Not just for 2015 either but 2016. Have they ever announced two cities at the same time?
    IIRC, both cities were finalists to host the 2014 Nationals. The USFSA probably offered the two cities the option to host Nationals in 2015 or 2016 when Boston was selected for 2014. By announcing this far in advance, the host cities should have the ability to do a good job with marketing and promotion.

vCash
    wow! usfsa announced it rather early for 2015-16 while we had to wait for sometime for 2014.

vCash
    If you're looking for something else to do in Greensboro, you should go to the International Civil Rights Museum. It's an amazing place. It is fairly new and is housed in an old Woolworth's building that was the site of a famous lunch counter sit-in. The presentation is very well done.

vCash
    ^ ITA. This is the first thing we did in Greensboro before we checked into our hotel (and before the week of competition began). A teacher colleague who grew up in the south & participated in the lunch counter sit-ins told us about it once she knew we were going to Greensboro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lexeoe View Post
    wow! usfsa announced it rather early for 2015-16 while we had to wait for sometime for 2014.
    It used to be that way. I remember buying Nationals tickets two years out and Worlds in 2003, three years out. I guess that it really made sense because they probably had two really strong bids from these two cities for 2014. Why go through the process of having them re-submit new bids for subsequent years when USFSA knew what they would be getting? I'm sure that all are totally thrilled, especially with the lead time to plan.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    YES!!! A chance to get back to Patrick McGovern's Pub in St. Paul. Best hot turkey sandwiches ever
    After all the leftover Turkey we had from US Thanksgiving, 2016 might be the next time I want a hot turkey sandwich.

Re Greensboro, we went downtown to the art gallery area, and there was a nice artist coop building with lots of reasonably prices crafts. We also drove to Winston Salem where there are a lot of artisan stores. A number of them had closed during the recession, but I read an article that said that they are reopening and it is getting back to the vibrant art community it once was. I got a lot of bday and Xmas present shopping done in January!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I just got the latest email blast from Greensboro (see below) I am tempted to go ahead and buy, but does anyone know how they assign seats? I would prefer an aisle even if it's higher up! Normally I don't do the spectacular, but it's basically impossible to get out of GSO Sunday night so.. might as well stay

"With the hottest months of the year just around the corner, North Carolina 2015 is offering a sizzling promotion for All-Event Ticket Packages to the 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. For every All-Event Package purchased during July and August 2013, NC 2015 will provide a complimentary Skating Spectacular ticket (same seat as the All-Event Package)!

This is an amazing offer that provides great added value to your All-Event Package purchase. There will not be other opportunities like this for All-Event Ticket Package purchases, so we suggest you take full advantage today. Remember, the sooner you purchase, the better the opportunity to score the best seats available.

To place your order, follow this link http://northcarolina2015.com/Tickets.aspx. Print out your order form and fax or mail it today. (Your order must be received during by Aug. 31, 2013, to be valid for free Skating Spectacular tickets.)"

Of course reading this made me think that St. Paul is REALLY going to have to sell hard. I don't think I can do both Nationals and Worlds unless St. Paul has a GREAT deal. I know Worlds will cost a fortune but it's a lot less likely we get another one of those anytime soon.
    Last edited by Carolla5501; 06-26-2013 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    Why do they keep going to the same locations for the US Nationals, in such a short time? IMO others should be given the opportunity (like Phoenix )

vCash

US Nationals - back to Greensboro, NC in 2015 & St. Paul, MN in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Why do they keep going to the same locations for the US Nationals, in such a short time? IMO others should be given the opportunity (like Phoenix )
    Because these places are willing to host?

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I know everyone is thinking about Boston right now, but Championship Weekend tickets for 2015 Nat's in Greensboro go on sale on Friday (Sept. 13th.)
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I know everyone is thinking about Boston right now, but Championship Weekend tickets for 2015 Nat's in Greensboro go on sale on Friday (Sept. 13th.)
    I got the email, but it was a little weak on where you go to buy them? Ticketmaster? Guess I will figure it out Friday. (Only doing the weekend now. I might buy some individual tickets later )

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast