View Poll Results: Who will win Mens GPF?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Javier Fernandez

11 5.50%
  • Machida

2 1.00%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

17 8.50%
  • Kozuka

3 1.50%
  • Yuzuru Hanyu

51 25.50%
  • Patrick Chan

116 58.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    3 of Chan's jumps ended up becoming doubles at COR, the loop, the axel, and the sal in combo. The 3-jump combo is intended to end with a 3s not a 2s. That gives him more points he could make up, but also contributes to why I feel he was overmarked at COR. He gave up a lot of points with those 3 doubles, and his score was still massive.

Chan's massive components score at CoR might be explained by that the international judges would be quite willing to give him even 96 or 97 points would he be landing all his planned content cleanly. Just like the judges would probably give Asada 69-70 points would she be able to do mostly triple jumps instead of mostly double and single jumps. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Proustable, so right! Isn't it quite comical to say Patrick had NO pressure at COR when he was second in SC and if he didn't skate well enough he's in danger of not qualifying for GPF?! Besides, I've always read on the forum that Patrick is not so well received in Russia so how did anyone come to the conclusion that Patrick felt no pressure at COR is beyond me.
    I dunno. I bumped into posts writing that Chan has many supporters in Russia and that he won a poll at the Russian figure skating board on Who is the best male skater of the 2011-2012 season. Maybe things have changed since CoR of 2010?

vCash
    Chan's massive components score at CoR might be explained by that the judges can be very generous when they know he's THE favorite and it has no effect to final placements. That won't be the case if Chan skates before Hanyu. Takahashi's PCS (93 for FS, probably the highest ever) at WTT is a good comparison. But his PCS at NHK trophy was only 83.

vCash
    Just dropped by to congratulate myself on winning the poll and Congrats to the 15 other posters who voted that Daisuke
    would win the GPF.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234