View Poll Results: Who will win the Ladies event at GPF?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

11 6.36%
  • Julia Lipnitskaya

5 2.89%
  • Kira Korpi

7 4.05%
  • Akiko Suzuki

21 12.14%
  • Mao Asada

27 15.61%
  • Ashley Wagner

102 58.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Who will win Ladies GPF?

Now that we know who will be competing, who do you predict to win the GPF in December?

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    If Mao lands 5 triples in the LP she will win regardless of what Ashley does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    If Mao lands 5 triples in the LP she will win regardless of what Ashley does.
    She landed atleast 5 triples in her 2 losses to Wagner did she not. If Mao skates like she did at NHK she could be looking at a last place finish here. The judges in Russia will be nowhere near as kind for a subpar performance as in Japan.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    At the Japan Open Mao did not rotate 5 triples and also had one spin completely thrown out and was still within 1.5 of Ashley. My predicition is if Mao rotates 5 triples in the long Ashley has no chance to beat Mao unless she has some weird element disqualified again. This is considering the programs this season. I think Mao wins on spins and steps. Ashley hasn't been getting her levels high enough this season. It could end up coming down to the the short and if Ashley whips out a triple triple again like 4CC to keep it close.

The IF is a big but I think a 5 triple mao still has a edge on 6 triple ashley. If Ashley steps is up to 7 I think she completely controls her own destiny but I don't think she plans to go for that until 4CC/Worlds.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 11-28-2012 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    As much as I love Mao, I am losing faith in her ability to land/rotate jumps consistently. She will make up some ground in her spins and fw, but at this point I wouldn't bet my money on her.

vCash
    ashley would be the odds on favorite, however with the dust up because akiko didn't win sc and nhk, fans made a big deal -especially in japan,

ashley and akiko would be the favorites, but i think akiko has to skate great. ashley just to land on her feet.

vCash
    I put my vote for Akiko, she's gotten substantially better with each competition this year. It will come down to a clean short for her. Ashley is my other favourite but she has tons of votes already so I gave this one to Akiko. Ashley is my favourite current skater but I would dearly love for Akiko to win. She certainly deserves it after two on the fence losses this season. She's my sentimental favourite

vCash
    Not clear in the ladies. They are all talented and the factor which will affect the placing is whether they will be at the top of the game that day. Mao has everything to win but doesn't seem to be consistent lately. I will go for the ladies who have shown consistency.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Go Liza!

vCash
    Can't believe the day has come when I'm saying this, but wholeheartedly Ashley over any of the other competitors based on what we've seen in the past six competitions. I'm a fan of Ashley, but just didn't see this coming. I hope it'll be an intense competition!

vCash
    Ashley has it all but does nothing for me. I just can't seem to enjoy watching her like some of the others. Akiko is always fantastic to watch & Elizaveta got so much better at TEB. It's such a shame Mao can't hold it together at the moment. The choreography of the two routines are amazing & the best for me.
    But much like the dance event being between two couples I think Ashley will win even with errors.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    But much like the dance event being between two couples I think Ashley will win even with errors.
    I definitely do not believe Ashley has the street cred/rep to win "even with errors." The judges have given us no indication that they regard a flawed Ashley in the same way they regard a flawed Mao. Ashley has to skate consistently the way she has been doing and depend on flaws from Mao, which will most likely happen based on how Asada has skated the past few seasons. It has been proven by the judges that Akiko Suzuki cannot afford errors and have a shot at winning. Skating a clean SP will be key for everyone, but especially Akiko!

vCash
    Ashley was amazing in her 2 events. She looks like the red hot fav to me. Go Ashley!

vCash
    If Ashley wins so help me.....

I hope Akiko can get the gold she deserves!

I am more excited for Golden Spin than GPF anyways.

vCash
    Maybe we should start a poll "which ladies will be @ GPF?"

vCash
    Lipnitskaya is out of GPF due to injury. Gao is in.

vCash
    Wishing Julia speedy recovery. She must be disappointed. It will be great experience for her to compete against other elite lady skaters. And congrats to Gao for getting into GPF.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I voted for Suzuki.

vCash
    Ashley should win if she goes in there w/ a mindset to win. But, if she goes in w/ a strategy to test drive the 3f-3t and 2x-3t and makes mistakes, she probably won't. In which case, it will be either Asada or Suzuki. Tuk is doing well, but I don't know if it's enough to medal against them unless one of them falls apart. Korpi won't be clean. She rarely is. So, I don't see her medalling even if the judges love her.

Gao doesn't have much to lose. Skating clean, she would still finish behind all of Wagner, Asada, Suzuki, Tuk, and Korpi. IMO, she should test drive the 3f-3t in her LP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Gao doesn't have much to lose. Skating clean, she would still finish behind all of Wagner, Asada, Suzuki, Tuk, and Korpi. IMO, she should test drive the 3f-3t in her LP
    I think Gao could very well beat Korpi, and maybe Tuktamysheva too. I don't think she's out of her league here if she can continue to skate as well as she has been this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast