Thread: Sister Wives

vCash

Sister Wives

I love this show and wondered if anyone else is watching this season? I recently downloaded their book Becoming Sister Wives and honestly don't know how they do it.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I've seen some episodes but not all. Have started watching the new season though. Do I not remember right, or is there a wife missing? I remember a short blond woman? When she talked, she barely moved her lips ... just a quirky thing I notice about some people. Who was she (again, I have not seen all episodes so maybe she wasn't a wife?)

When they lived in Utah, they all (wives, kids, everyone) lived in one huge mega house, right? Why did they move to Nevada? And uhm, I'm kinda on the side of why does Meri need a 7 bedroom house. She has the one daughter who will be going to college in 1-2 years. Okay, Meri needs a room, daughter gets a room, have a guest room so really why can't you live with a 3-4 bedroom house?

And Meri is the first wife, correct? So she kinda had to go into all the future marriges, so what ever made her agree to that to begin with? Does she have a family history with people having the Sister Wives? I never saw the first episodes at all so how did they ever get to this point? Agree with you that I don't know how they do it, that is what has sucked me in to wanting to watch now. Okay they have been living this way for years before this show, but how did it even start with the second wife, you know?

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    I don't know about a short blond woman, unless you're thinking of Mona, the realtor? She's short and has blond hair. But she's been on the most recent season as well.

The family moved to Nevada because they were being investigated by their local police for polygamy. So they packed up and moved to Vegas to get away from that and so that they could live more open.

Meri is the first wife. Growing up, her family was also a polygamist family, so she's been surrounded by it her whole life. Janelle, the second wife, came in pretty quickly after Meri and Cody were first married. I read their book, which an interesting quick read. It tells about how they all came together and how they manage their lives.

I watch the show because they fascinate me. I don't know how they do it and their kids (especially the older ones since we see more of them) seem very well adjusted and like all good kids. Robin can get on my nerves though.
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

vCash
    I like all the wives... I don't like Kody.

It will be interesting to see if Meri goes for in vitro or surrogacy. Seeing her daughter about the issue made me want Meri to just say yes to Robin.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I love/hate this show.

This blog is pretty hard on the family, but it is interesting. It mentions how the family declared bankruptcy a few times, is pretty hard on Robyn, etc. etc.

I really, really don't like Kody. I don't like Robyn either, but I like her more when it's her and one or more of the wives and Kody isn't around. And while I understand how hard it is for Meri to not have the tonnes of kids she wanted, when money is tight, why DOES she need a bigger house? There's Janelle, who has generally been one of the breadwinners, trying to make her house more cost-effective, and Meri's got her heart set on a wet bar. It just doesn't seem especially fair.

Christine is adorable. I wish she was more quirky like the first season, where she claimed toasters kill more people than sharks, hence toasting bread in the oven.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Meri seems close to a nervous breakdown to me. And Kody can be cruel - re: their discussion about how it's her choice about trying in vitro and then he states that he's going to have more children in any case was unnecessary (IMO).
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I find Kody to be an insensitive turd. Things he says and does and how he just bushes mistakes aside. I don't understand how 4 seemingly intelligent women would fall for someone so juvenile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Meri seems close to a nervous breakdown to me. And Kody can be cruel - re: their discussion about how it's her choice about trying in vitro and then he states that he's going to have more children in any case was unnecessary (IMO).
    I agree. I was surprised at that comment, even for him.

vCash
    Like some of you, I can't stand Kody,
    I don't understand what these women see in him; or why they would be attracted to the lifestyle he espouses.

The only wife/family who might "benefit" would be the legal one.
    I hope that the other women have plans in place to protect themselves and their children.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    wake me when an average woman finds 4 men to agree to share husbanding
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    I can't stand Kody either.....I find most of the TLC shows have fathers that I can't stand (aka Little People, Big World).
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
    I can't stand Kody either.....I find most of the TLC shows have fathers that I can't stand (aka Little People, Big World).
    Most of the men are arrogant, controlling and disrespectful to their wives.
    Not pleasant to watch.

vCash
    I don't like Jim Bob... wholesome family values or not

I am interested in the older kids and how they are opinionated on whether they will be polygamist or not. I love Madison... she has a great head on her shoulders.

vCash
    Did anyone else see Sunday's show?

While the Dargers have their own perceived issues I've read comments about (wives are "stepford-y," Joe is creepy and rules with an iron fist, etc.), did they ever succeed in making the Brown clan look ridiculous. I loved, LOVED how Meri & Christine were kind of giddy about how organized Joe Darger was. Anything to get Kody's nose out of joint. He doesn't help matters by appearing as ineffective and petulant as possible when all the adults are checking out the vacation home's floor plan discussing bedrooms, and he pipes in with, "Let's decide which kitchen we eat out of!" I mean...

I wonder if TLC is kicking themselves for going with the Brown family when they could have had an attractive, well-oiled machine in the Dargers? Or maybe the big-wigs at TLC figure the chaos is more interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I wonder if TLC is kicking themselves for going with the Brown family when they could have had an attractive, well-oiled machine in the Dargers? Or maybe the big-wigs at TLC figure the chaos is more interesting.
    They were probably afraid of having the Duggars and the Dargers on the same network.