Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gatchinski can definitely do 4s in practice, I feel like I've read that in articles for a few seasons now. I assume once he gets more consistent with his current content he'll add the other quads to the program. Also, Ando would have gone for the 4s if she felt she needed it, but by the end of her career, she didn't need it or even a 3-3 to win big events so it wasn't worth the risk. With quads becoming so prominent in the men's field I wouldn't be surprised if Artur starts trying different quads in his programs.

vCash
    I remember Mishin (or Artur?) saying in an interview that they were originally planning on adding the 4Lo in the second half of last season, but obviously things weren't going quite well enough for them to happy doing that...

vCash
    Bazarova and Larionov won't compete at nationals because Larionov is having trouble breaking in his new skates. Their coach said that the fed will decide if they are going to Euros I can't imaging they will say no.

vCash
    Russian team at Nationals: photos from check-in to the official hotel http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/7272.html
    Last edited by quiqie; 12-24-2012 at 11:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Bazarova and Larionov won't compete at nationals because Larionov is having trouble breaking in his new skates. Their coach said that the fed will decide if they are going to Euros I can't imaging they will say no.
    puh, this is hard. so there is really no chance for s/k or m/r making the team?

only if the russian fed totally dumps k/s, what won´t happen.

b/l had a good season and surely deserve this spot, but i don´t like the aftertaste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Gatchinski can definitely do 4s in practice, I feel like I've read that in articles for a few seasons now. I assume once he gets more consistent with his current content he'll add the other quads to the program. Also, Ando would have gone for the 4s if she felt she needed it, but by the end of her career, she didn't need it or even a 3-3 to win big events so it wasn't worth the risk. With quads becoming so prominent in the men's field I wouldn't be surprised if Artur starts trying different quads in his programs.
    He landed a quad Salchow in practice at Nationals today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    He landed a quad Salchow in practice at Nationals today.
    Hm. 2-quad short? It would be quite risky. Or perhaps a 3-quad long?

Or Mishin just toying with us all.

How's everyone looking, Eislauffan?
    Last edited by misskarne; 12-24-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelt Eislauffan's name wrong! sorry!

vCash
    Hi everyone! I'm a new member of FSU and a GREAT fan of the russian figure skating! Does anyone have a link for the nationals? I don't fint it Thanks for everyone (Sorry for my english).

vCash
    Welcome to FSU! There will be discussion/results/play-by-play threads for Russian Nationals in the Kiss and Cry (competition) section of this board starting on Dec. 25: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/foru...ionships-Other (Kiss and Cry access/subscription info can be found in the Board Business section)

Online viewing options (including any working links) should be posted in this thread in the TV Alerts forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...iewing-options
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-24-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ivan Bariev, Why does not he participate in Russian Nationals??

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Apparently Gachinski has problems with his boots that is also why he took them off immediately after his skate. The doctors don't know exactly what is wrong.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Apparently Gachinski has problems with his boots that is also why he took them off immediately after his skate. The doctors don't know exactly what is wrong.
    AGAIN? Ugh. Poor Artur.

Actually, this seems to be becoming a bigger problem around the world. I seem to hear of boot problems a lot more lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    AGAIN? Ugh. Poor Artur.

Actually, this seems to be becoming a bigger problem around the world. I seem to hear of boot problems a lot more lately.
    Remind us of how long you have been following figure skating, please, misskarne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Remind us of how long you have been following figure skating, please, misskarne.
    Can one not make an observation anymore without attracting criticism?

It just seems that there have been a lot of boot problems lately. Sheesh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    AGAIN? Ugh. Poor Artur.

he said something about an "unpleasant feeling" in his feet which is getting stronger when he doesn't take off his boots.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    he said something about an "unpleasant feeling" in his feet which is getting stronger when he doesn't take off his boots.
    Sounds to me like his feet are going to sleep. That's usually a fitting problem or a lacing problem, but I can't imagine a skater of his level having a lacing problem, and I'd have thought he'd be in customs...

vCash
    This may be old news by now, but if google translated correctly, it looks like Leonova might have a new LP for tomorow's free skate: http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=66925

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    This may be old news by now, but if google translated correctly, it looks like Leonova might have a new LP for tomorow's free skate: http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=66925
    yep, she will perform a new FP tomorrow

Bruce Lee

YEAH!
    vCash
    Hm, I didn't mind the old one. It was better than last year's.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast