Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    ...didn't she win bronze, too?
    She finished 10th in her debut at Russian senior Nationals in December 2007. The next year, at 12, she won the silver, and then the bronze for the next two years after that.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    http://youngstars.ru/news/2012-12-preemnik-chempiona
    Interview with Maxim Kovtun - he says he's going to do four quads! I'm assuming he'll do a quad toe in the SP and two quad toes and a quad sal in the free since he said that he's doing toe and sal. Who has done four quads successfully before?

Personally I hope that he works on his lip (which is basically a lutz because iirc, he doesn't ever go on the inside edge) because those are just free points he's leaving on the table.

vCash
    I hope Julia gets better soon ... I bet this is not the way she imagined her first senior season to go
    Most importantly I hope she doesn't push herself too hard. She really needs to take her time to heal and I Iremember her coach saying in several interviews that she sometimes has to stop Julia from "overdoing" it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://youngstars.ru/news/2012-12-preemnik-chempiona
    Interview with Maxim Kovtun - he says he's going to do four quads! I'm assuming he'll do a quad toe in the SP and two quad toes and a quad sal in the free since he said that he's doing toe and sal. Who has done four quads successfully before?
    Tim Goebel always did a 4s in the sp, and I know at least twice (if not more) he managed 3 quads in the lP.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Goebel

I don't think anyone has yet done 4 quads in an LP?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Tim Goebel always did a 4s in the sp, and I know at least twice (if not more) he managed 3 quads in the lP.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Goebel

I don't think anyone has yet done 4 quads in an LP?
    I don't know if the rules even allow 4 quads in an LP. I know for sure that no one has done 4 quads in an LP.

I think Goebel landed 3 quads in the 2002 Olympics, in his bronze medal performance. He may have landed those in another competition, but I can't remember which.

vCash
    Kovtun doing quad salchow in practice: http://vk.com/public47101310
    good height in it, does Gachinski jump a quad salchow ?

vCash
    I am wondering about Trankov's hip injury during the GPF. Is there any news about this? Are they practising regularly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't know if the rules even allow 4 quads in an LP. I know for sure that no one has done 4 quads in an LP.

I think Goebel landed 3 quads in the 2002 Olympics, in his bronze medal performance. He may have landed those in another competition, but I can't remember which.
    You can do two quads twice and the other four once for a total of eight quads as long as you don't do any triples twice
    for example
    4A-4T, 4Lz, 4F, 4Lo, 4S-4T, 4S

Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    He has a very unique way of jumping - I like it, but it looks a little awkward
    Still a great quad sal though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks for the link

vCash
    So if Julia's pulled out of nationals I'm guessing that means her injury was more serious than we originally thought...

That's unfortunate. At this point she should probably just take the rest of the season off. She's been to junior worlds and won already, she's obtained the minimum scores she needs for next season...she should take the time off and heal completely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    So if Julia's pulled out of nationals I'm guessing that means her injury was more serious than we originally thought...

That's unfortunate. At this point she should probably just take the rest of the season off. She's been to junior worlds and won already, she's obtained the minimum scores she needs for next season...she should take the time off and heal completely.
    I agree. She has already won Junior Worlds. She should do the same as Tuk did last season, and take the rest of the season off

vCash
    Julia Lipnitskaia doesn't strike me as the type to end her season early if she doesn't have to. She may want to further boost her ISU World Standings rankings by competing at 2013 Junior Worlds. Russian Junior Nationals isn't until late January/early February, so she still has plenty of time to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I am wondering about Trankov's hip injury during the GPF. Is there any news about this? Are they practising regularly?
    I posted a link to an interview (dated Dec. 15) with V/T's coach, Nina Mozer, a few posts back in which she said (via Google Translate) they were back to training for Nationals.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-19-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Julia Lipnitskaia doesn't strike me as the type to end her season early if she doesn't have to. She may want to further boost her ISU World Standings rankings by competing at 2013 Junior Worlds. Russian Junior Nationals isn't until late January/early February, so she still has plenty of time to recover.
    True but there's really nothing for her to gain by competing at junior worlds again, especially if her time would better be spent resting/healing or getting a jump on next season, the season that really matters. She's competed at the senior level against the top names and medaled at both of her events; junior worlds is a superfluous competition for her at this point. It seems like she'd be taking a step backwards...IMO anyway.

vCash
    True but there's really nothing for her to gain by competing at junior worlds again, especially if her time would better be spent resting/healing or getting a jump on next season, the season that really matters. She's competed at the senior level against the top names and medaled at both of her events; junior worlds is a superfluous competition for her at this point. It seems like she'd be taking a step backwards...IMO anyway.
    I hope Julia's coaching team ensure that she returns only when she is ready and keep any over eagerness to return too soon on Julia's part in check for her long term good

vCash
    It says on an article she will be at Junior Ntaionals, she will not compete at Seniors as she
    not yet ready, I agree she needs to concentrate on full recovery but going to Junior Worlds isnt going backwards, she can win again at Junior Worlds and increase her ISU standings for next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Kovtun's jumping style makes me at first. It is effective though. He's very stable.

Gachinski can jump quad toe, quad Salchow, quad Lutz, and quad loop. There is also a rumour he was training the quad flip but I have not heard any confirmation.

vCash
    Kovtun's jumping style makes me at first. It is effective though. He's very stable.

Gachinski can jump quad toe, quad Salchow, quad Lutz, and quad loop. There is also a rumour he was training the quad flip but I have not heard any confirmation.
    and when do/did we see something else than quad toe of him?

ando coud jump quad sal too, and when did we see it? almost never...it´s important what they can fetch up in competition
    Last edited by Jeschke; 12-20-2012 at 01:36 PM.

vCash

I wish he would just land the triples of the Sal, Lutz and Loop in comp...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I wish he would just land the triples of the Sal, Lutz and Loop in comp...
    I'm sure he wishes that too.

I was re-watching a video of his performance of "The Bolt" from the 2011 Worlds and wishing I had a time rewind button for him. I loved that program.

vCash
    Does anyone know why Adelina pulled out of Golden Spin Zagreb last weekend? Her name appeared in the SP starting orders but she didn't skate.

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast