Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1010
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post

- This season you worked with Elena Kustarova?

- Yes, Elena helped us. Not as much as I would like in some moments. But when she could she came to us. It's great to have her try it in the women's part, because we have always had male coaches. She helped Lena with many questions and skated with me too. She's a very good technician. She worked on the polka a lot with us, also she helped with FD, complemented the choreography, adding some emotion. She put very much in us in a short time.

- Are you going to continue working with her?

- I can not say. Where to go, where we train?
    now, there is the problem

vCash
    At least Adelina and Liza really tried, they didn't give up on anything out there! Whereas Leonova looked to be sleepwalking and not even trying. All 3 of the Russian ladies at JUNIOR worlds outscored her, with junior programs at a competition that was modestly marked compared to this one where judges were handing out huge scores like candy. I don't care if Gosviani would have had a similar result, she'd at least get a score she earned and actually try. Apparently Leonova still only eats one meal a day and brags about it on her blog? What in the world...does she not realize that nutrition is a primary factor in an athlete's performance?? How does she expect to get good results when she is being so shortsighted in regards to her personal health, intaking about 1/4 of the energy she needs on a daily basis? Honestly Leonova just comes across as selfish and entitled to me now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    - This season you worked with Elena Kustarova?

- Yes, Elena helped us. Not as much as I would like in some moments. But when she could she came to us. It's great to have her try it in the women's part, because we have always had male coaches. She helped Lena with many questions and skated with me too. She's a very good technician. She worked on the polka a lot with us, also she helped with FD, complemented the choreography, adding some emotion. She put very much in us in a short time.
    Now I understand why their polka levels so low

vCash
    I think we have an explanation for Leonova's problems with jumps this season. She wrote on her blog that she survives only on Starbuck breakfast and green apples. And she seems to be proud of it; she thinks that she is training her willpower. Sometimes she was out of strength by the end of a practice, but she thinks it was OK, because she had done the main part of the work in the beginning of it. Poor girl! Surely that's not the way forward!

http://en.alena-leonova.ru/blog/the_.../2013-03-13-47

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    You think your really smart, whereas in reality your one of the biggest idiots on this board. The problem is that if anybody bothered to go through everything you had got wrong, it would probably take them until the 2018 Olympics.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    At least Adelina and Liza really tried, they didn't give up on anything out there! Whereas Leonova looked to be sleepwalking and not even trying. All 3 of the Russian ladies at JUNIOR worlds outscored her, with junior programs at a competition that was modestly marked compared to this one where judges were handing out huge scores like candy. I don't care if Gosviani would have had a similar result, she'd at least get a score she earned and actually try. Apparently Leonova still only eats one meal a day and brags about it on her blog? What in the world...does she not realize that nutrition is a primary factor in an athlete's performance?? How does she expect to get good results when she is being so shortsighted in regards to her personal health, intaking about 1/4 of the energy she needs on a daily basis? Honestly Leonova just comes across as selfish and entitled to me now...
    The reason she did that is because she only ate breakfast last year when she won the silver. She's starving herself in order to get a good result. That's not selfish. It's terribly, terribly misguided, but she's doing it to help her skating. Why is it entitled? Don't you think she would rather eat? The question is where is her coach in all this? Where is the trainer, the federation? It's very sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    The reason she did that is because she only ate breakfast last year when she won the silver. She's starving herself in order to get a good result. That's not selfish. It's terribly, terribly misguided, but she's doing it to help her skating. Why is it entitled? Don't you think she would rather eat? The question is where is her coach in all this? Where is the trainer, the federation? It's very sad.
    And where are her parents! Surely they should know about her eating habits! She is not hiding them; she is talking about it publicly. The federation should get her a professional help.

vCash
    Google translation of article in which Piseev defends the decision to send Kovtun: http://translate.google.com/translat...147607855.html

Maxim Kovtun, "Someday all shut their mouths - but only if I win": http://translate.google.com/translat...147577823.html
    - Do you really paid much attention to what they write about you on the Internet?

- When I see your name on the Internet, I can not bring myself to read it. And if I see something bad, it is a shame. And I always want to prove something, but the strength just does not happen enough to prove all over! One day all will close their mouths - but only when I'm all win. When I go out on the ice, I forget about everything. I only elements and dyhalka. On the Internet I read only for myself, it's my cockroaches. I am such a person that is important to me the opinions of others. But if everyone would speak ill of me, I stop paying attention to it.
    Short interview with Bobrova/Soloviev: http://translate.google.com/translat...147607358.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-17-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I think we have an explanation for Leonova's problems with jumps this season. She wrote on her blog that she survives only on Starbuck breakfast and green apples. And she seems to be proud of it; she thinks that she is training her willpower. Sometimes she was out of strength by the end of a practice, but she thinks it was OK, because she had done the main part of the work in the beginning of it. Poor girl! Surely that's not the way forward!

Is there nobody that could tell her any salad can be bought with dressing on the side...
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash

I'm not surprised. I think she was eating nothing except Starbucks breakfasts and green apples, only before the competiton. In other ordinary days probably she is eating more food. Plushenko two-three days before the competitons eats only bananas and yogurt. I've read several times.

If Kovtun wants to continue the figure skating, he has to get used the intrigue, malice, and injustice and envy ... it's such a sport.
    Last edited by lala; 03-17-2013 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Is there nobody that could tell her any salad can be bought with dressing on the side...
    Starbucks has packaged salads with dressing on the side. She has probably noticed this when rummaging through the case.

Without knowing any more than what she has posted in her blog and what was in that interview to which TAHbKA linked recently, I would say that this is the most probable explanation:

Disordered eating can be one behavior or multiple behaviors that are either exhibited for long periods or only present during times of stress or extreme emotions. When certain behaviors are exhibited together for a certain amount of time an eating disorder may be present. The following behaviors are associated with disordered eating:

· Following strict food rules

· Cutting entire food groups from your diet, except for religious reasons

· Eating the same “safe” foods every day

· Extreme calorie restriction

· Thinking about food more than 50 percent of the time

· Intentionally skipping meals to lose weight

· Considering foods to be good or bad....

There are two main reasons why people develop disordered eating. One is because the individual is trying to achieve unrealistic body ideals portrayed in the media, including thinness. The second is using food and/or restricting to try and manage emotions and control stress. Often times both are present in the individual.
    She has said that she doesn't feel comfortable in the United States and misses Novogorsk immensely. The fact that younger skaters like Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova are now old enough to be sent to ISU championships only adds to the stress. I can see how she would use food restrictions to deal with her feelings.

When she trains in Novogorsk, she can get all her meals at the canteen. In Simsbury, she stays at a hotel, and I have no idea whether it's one of those "suite" hotels that might have a kitchenette. Even though Leonova is an adult, her coach does bear some responsibility for making sure that she (1) knows what her options are for eating properly and (2) gets help if her eating habits are out of whack.

vCash
    If the skaters are lighter weight, it is easier to jump, not only is esthetic problem...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    If the skaters are lighter weight, it is easier to jump, not only is esthetic problem...
    True, but on the other hand, if skaters don't eat properly, they are too weak to skate and jump, so that defies the purpose of trying to be lighter.

vCash
    True, but on the other hand, if skaters don't eat properly, they are too weak to skate and jump, so that defies the purpose of trying to be lighter.
    It is not entirely true, look at the boxers and wrestlers .. They need the power, but they are always dieting before the competitions.

vCash
    Leonova is on diet ??? odd she looks heavier this Season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Liza and Gracie aren't stick figures and have some of the best jumps in the field.

And Alena may have an eating disorder in which case I am very sorry for her and hope she finds help. But by saying entitled, I more meant, if she is bragging about such behavior on her blog, it would indicate she is proud of herself, in a way it's like, look how well I can skate while not taking care of my body! Honestly, as an elite athlete it's a responsibility of her's to know about and adhere to proper nutrition. So to whine about how she deserves to go to the World championships when something is so seriously out of whack with what it should be - that is being entitled, and her poor performance should come as no shock to anyone who is aware about how she is damaging her health by ignoring proper nutritional guidelines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Leonova is on diet ??? odd she looks heavier this Season
    I thought she looks thinner but when you cut your calories that drastically, your metabolism will slow to a crawl because your body gets shocked into starvation mode so it holds onto everything it can. Eventually if she keeps this up, she will get thinner and thinner, but it will take awhile, because my guess is her body has become used to eating so little.

vCash
    Liza and Gracie aren't stick figures and have some of the best jumps in the field.

And Alena may have an eating disorder in which case I am very sorry for her and hope she finds help. But by saying entitled, I more meant, if she is bragging about such behavior on her blog, it would indicate she is proud of herself, in a way it's like, look how well I can skate while not taking care of my body! Honestly, as an elite athlete it's a responsibility of her's to know about and adhere to proper nutrition. So to whine about how she deserves to go to the World championships when something is so seriously out of whack with what it should be - that is being entitled, and her poor performance should come as no shock to anyone who is aware about how she is damaging her health by ignoring proper nutritional guidelines.
    Yes, but there are always exceptions. And Tuk has the perfect technic. Gracy? I think she is strong but she does not need to lose weight.

YEAH!
    vCash
    And Alena may have an eating disorder in which case I am very sorry for her and hope she finds help. But by saying entitled, I more meant, if she is bragging about such behavior on her blog, it would indicate she is proud of herself, in a way it's like, look how well I can skate while not taking care of my body!
    Try to look at it from her POV. She thinks she is taking care of her body by keeping slim so she can land the jumps. She's trying to show on her blog how dedicated she is by doing this. Who knows, maybe this is what the Russian fed likes to hear. They don't seem to be concerned what happens off ice as long as they get good results (Ilinykh/Morozov last year).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Try to look at it from her POV. She thinks she is taking care of her body by keeping slim so she can land the jumps. She's trying to show on her blog how dedicated she is by doing this. Who knows, maybe this is what the Russian fed likes to hear. They don't seem to be concerned what happens off ice as long as they get good results (Ilinykh/Morozov last year).
    I don't remember Leonova's ever saying anything about needing to work to stay slim. Rather, what she says in her latest blog entry is:

I was training my willpower by refusing to eat any unhealthy food.

And, she has in the past posted a photograph of herself eating shaved ice drenched in syrup: http://en.alena-leonova.ru/blog/japa.../2012-08-18-41.

I think she thinks she's taking care of herself, but I don't she is looking at things in the same way that you are.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast