Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Can't see the bobrova pic.
    mischance

vCash
    Can people just stop bashing Elena for her boyfriend choice? I somewhat understand her taste in men. Nikita might be very cute and Morozov might not be a prince, but being in a relationship with a 21 year old boy is nothing interesting. All they want to talk about is sports and cars. Boys just grow up slower than girls emotionally. In any case it's not a big deal. All these women must see something in Morozov we don't know about... For the record I dated someone older than Morozov in age when I was at Elena's age and it wasn't at all problematic.

This particular gif is ridiculously cute though. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...250oo2_500.gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    mischance
    can someone post a direct link?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    Can people just stop bashing Elena for her boyfriend choice? I somewhat understand her taste in men. Nikita might be very cute and Morozov might not be a prince, but being in a relationship with a 21 year old boy is nothing interesting. All they want to talk about is sports and cars. Boys just grow up slower than girls emotionally. In any case it's not a big deal. All these women must see something in Morozov we don't know about... For the record I dated someone older than Morozov in age when I was at Elena's age and it wasn't at all problematic.

This particular gif is ridiculously cute though. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...250oo2_500.gif
    they are beautiful together... I'm so sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I agree with those that say she doesn't need to go to Nationals in order to get a slot to Jr Worlds. I guess she will go to JW if she can, for the ranking points, but I see it as a competition that carries little benefit (being 2x Jr World champ is not that much more prestigious than Jr World champ), but plenty of risk (losing to Radionova, as Sotnikova dropped to 3rd last year).
    But if she does succesfully defend her title she'll be the first since...when? It's definitely not an insignificant achievement when so many ladies, Mao included have failed to do so.

Analia - I think it's less the age factor and more that Morozov is a known player, not to mention her coach and thus in a position of power (which applied to Miki as well). He deserves all the disgust thrown at him IMO. That Elena is so young just makes it worse, though his record alone should be enough for her to know better.
    Last edited by Lara; 12-04-2012 at 09:21 PM.

vCash
    For ladies, no one

Rippon - 2008 and 2009
    Sui/Han - 2011 and 2012
    Romaniuta/Barantsev: 2000 and 2001

vCash
    I agree. Although their relationship started before she would have been considered of "legal" age in almost any other civilized country in the world, and he thus would have been subject to potential arrest of at least sanction from a governing body elsewhere, they are certainly free to have the relationship that makes them happy. He has been married and divorces now, what, 3 times. One or two of the divorces were precipitated by his impregnating someone else while married if I'm not mistaken. All of this is well documented and should certainly be no secret to a smart and savvy girl like Elena. How long will this last is a question once the cash register of support into the Olympics comes and goes, but I wouldn't bet against her and am expecting her to get the last laugh. Keep the ridiculously cute pictures coming!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    I agree. Although their relationship started before she would have been considered of "legal" age in almost any other civilized country in the world, and he thus would have been subject to potential arrest of at least sanction from a governing body elsewhere, they are certainly free to have the relationship that makes them happy. He has been married and divorces now, what, 3 times. One or two of the divorces were precipitated by his impregnating someone else while married if I'm not mistaken. All of this is well documented and should certainly be no secret to a smart and savvy girl like Elena. How long will this last is a question once the cash register of support into the Olympics comes and goes, but I wouldn't bet against her and am expecting her to get the last laugh. Keep the ridiculously cute pictures coming!
    They started a relationship when she was 15? Because in quite a few European countries, 16 is the legal age I think. Then again, maybe they don't count as civilized

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    anyone want to see the Esquire magazine, they have pages for Trankov, Larionov and Nikita, found some from webpages
    Larionov was in no way hot, he looked like a priest,

Larionov over Smirnov, pls. just because Bazarova/Larionov are Russian No. 2 pairs doesn't mean
    Larionov is more attractive than Smirnov
    OMG, do you really think Esquire magazine cares who the first or second pair in Russia is?

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    He has been married and divorces now, what, 3 times. One or two of the divorces were precipitated by his impregnating someone else while married if I'm not mistaken.
    That's how legends are born.

vCash
    Elena is young, but you can tell she is quite a bright girl. She speaks 3 languages fluently and always appears very sharp in her interviews. I know book smarts and relationship smarts are not the same, but I tend to think, if things were really bad, she would have the sense to get out of the relationship. Also, her mom knows about Morozov and apparently approves of them dating so, for now, I'm not too worried. If they were to get engaged or something, that would be different, but for now I'm just hoping that Elena will have the sense to leave when/if the relationship gets sour.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Julia needs to get all of the international high level experience she can before the Olympics, and that's why GPF is important. That it takes place in Sochi would hopefully have given her extra fan support and drive to do well, which helps. A GPF medal would have been a boost for next season. But I know most people here think she sucks anyway and therefore shouldn't be worried about her chances for the Olympics.
    She needs better jump technique and skating skills more than she needs international experience. Oh and programmes where she isn't raising her leg every ten seconds.

Larionov over Smirnov, pls. just because Bazarova/Larionov are Russian No. 2 pairs doesn't mean
    Larionov is more attractive than Smirnov
    Since when are Bazarova/Larionov the No. 2 pairs team in Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    I imagine that the person you dated was not your coach/teacher though.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Elena is young, but you can tell she is quite a bright girl. She speaks 3 languages fluently and always appears very sharp in her interviews.
    What does she speak besides Russian and English?

vCash
    What does she speak besides Russian and English?
    French

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Elena is young, but you can tell she is quite a bright girl.
    Sometimes, bright people do stupid things. You do know that, don't you?

vCash
    Kovtun is making a good run at silver medalist at Rus nationals.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Kovtun is making a good run at silver medalist at Rus nationals.
    I'm not objecting
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Well two out of two golds for Russia!
    Tuk didn't do well though. She doesn't seem to skate well in Russia.
    And Bobrova and Soloviev beat Cappellini and Lanotte in the SD. Season's best score for them but low tech score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Well two out of two golds for Russia!
    Tuk didn't do well though. She doesn't seem to skate well in Russia.
    And Bobrova and Soloviev beat Cappellini and Lanotte in the SD. Season's best score for them but low tech score.
    well wanst Tuk coming from a flu last week ? though yes she usually doesnt do well in Russian competiitons
    the testament is he not winning ever at Nationals and she bombs the SP in Russia mostly

Kovtun did well, Gachinski better watch out, he won't be needed very soon

vCash
    Excited by Kovtun's win and great skating, but afraid the pressure on him is going to be huge now hopefully he can handle it well!

Loving on babies!
    vCash

Kovtun did well, Gachinski better watch out, he won't be needed very soon
    Um, seriously? Gachinski hasn't been "needed" at all, period. They just dust off the threat of Plushenko from time to time, and the other male skaters get tossed in the broom closet (not saying that's not often where they belong).
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast