Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

vCash
    First russian pairs champs since T/T

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Bobrova and Soloviev are in 3rd!
    Congratulations to them They have some of my favourite programs this year and have improved so much. It is nice to see it pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Congrats Tati & Max! They were awesome today! I'm happy for them

vCash
    That was a great program from them today. Loved it.... even Max's little fall on his toe pick added to the charm, lol.

vCash
    Whoever the Russian man is in Sochi is going to be BUSY!!!! 2 Sps and two lp's!! They all better start training right now!!

vCash
    Did you mean T&M (Tomianina-Marinin)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Did you mean T&M (Tomianina-Marinin)?
    Of course. T/M - was thinking of V/T and when going for T/M wrote T/T.

vCash
    V/T were brilliant. I really love this pair. I remember watching her at the last Olympics thinking, if only she could find the right partner she'd be a star. So glad it worked out for them.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Whoever the Russian man is in Sochi is going to be BUSY!!!! 2 Sps and two lp's!! They all better start training right now!!
    You bet your sweet arse they'd better start training NOW..we do know that Plushenko will be back to on-ice training in May, according to Ari..and Gachinski is ALREADY working on his new programs! The FS (I believe) is to music from Anna Karennina (somehow, I think that is pathetically mis-spelled!!). From what I've seen of it, the movements are wonderful (he had 2 very short videos on his VK account...) And I SWEAR I saw a couple of quick "hip rotations' (AKA "Ass Circles") that I am sure will find their way to the cutting room floor after Mishnin gets a hold on the program!! (unless, of course, Artur can distract him during those!! LOL). I'm sure Kovtun will waste NO time in getting his programs together as well. All in all, it promises to be an interesting season. I hope all of these guys live up to their potential, and that the best man wins the trip..

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    CANNOT. STOP. SMILING.

vCash
    And Bobrova and Soloviev are the first dance medallists since Domnina and Shabalin!

vCash
    I wouldn't have believed they would succeed with level 2 step sequences

vCash
    2 spots for Russian ladies in sochi

YEAH!
    vCash
    2 spots for Russian ladies in sochi
    They don't have medal contenders anyway. This might spare the audience a terrible performance like Leonova's tonight or Korebeynikova's last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    They don't have medal contenders anyway. This might spare the audience a terrible performance like Leonova's tonight or Korebeynikova's last year.
    It's true. They barely are top 10 in the world.

vCash
    Crazy how out of hand some of the hype had gotten the past two years (for good reason, but still..) but I still think Sotnikova will be a medal contender with the right programs next year. I really love watching her, there is something very special about her musical intelligence and ability to perform at her age. That Crap-ulera program should not have been entertaining, but I absolutely loved it tonight. So much sass and she somehow makes it work. That gold medal will be Yuna Kim's unless she is injured and can't compete, her performance tonight just won't be touched next year by any of these ladies if she repeats it again with even two less jumps. That said, post-Sochi Russia really will be where its at.

Volosozhar/Trankov might not have the programs even close to all-time best, but at this point I think they are the most gorgeous and close to perfect pairs team that I have ever seen. (technical elements speaking) Those sbs 3salchows, triple twist, and throw triple loop were absolutely perfect and of the highest quality the sport has ever seen. I love to watch them and am so happy to see Tatiana finally shine. I remember first spotting her at 2005 Euros and being gobsmacked at how talented she was, how she would likely not go as far as she should in her career, and was happy to see her even top 5 at Euros skating for Ukraine. Now the b*tch is World Champion.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    That said, post-Sochi Russia really will be where its at.
    We'll see. A lot people said that about this year, when Sot and Tuk finally became eligible. And in dance and pairs, I think the depth is not there (only on paper).

I remember first spotting her at 2005 Euros and being gobsmacked at how talented she was and how she would likely not go as far as she should. Now the b*tch is World Champion.
    Psh, you're a late bloomer, I first fell in love with her at 2003 Euros, with Peter Kharchenko.

vCash
    You were the one who made me watch her at Euros! I got converted rather early at least.

I think its inevitable that Russia will be successful, even if 4 or 5 of them dont turn out and have a bad year, 4 or 5 will have a good year. They just have too many good ones who can score points to not get some medals. I'm thinking it could be as soon as next years post-Oly Worlds.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I don't think anybody thought those kids would win gold medals next year. Their time will be 2018. They're only 16 and are just now skating at senior events. There's a huge difference in skating before a crowd of thousands and the few hundreds that attend junior events. They also hit skating at a point where ladies skating is vastly different than it was last year or even the year before. People need to cut them some slack and let them have a chance. Note that those skaters on the podium tonight are all in their 20s and have years of senior experience.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I don't think anybody thought those kids would win gold medals next year. Their time will be 2018. They're only 16 and are just now skating at senior events. There's a huge difference in skating before a crowd of thousands and the few hundreds that attend junior events. They also hit skating at a point where ladies skating is vastly different than it was last year or even the year before. People need to cut them some slack and let them have a chance. Note that those skaters on the podium tonight are all in their 20s and have years of senior experience.
    Even if it wasn't about gold medals skating well or impressively was certainly an expectation of them. Something Gracie Gold like was expected. Or like osmond in the short. Age isnt the issue the talent to do well was thought to be there like it was with Gold or Osmond. I was their first worlds too! They aren't that much older. Zijun li too.
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 03-17-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Even if it wasn't about gold medals skating well or impressively was certainly an expectation of them. Something Gracie Gold like was expected. Or like osmond in the short. Age isnt the issue the talent to do well was thought to be there like it was with Gold or Osmond. I was their first worlds too! They aren't that much older.
    You know, you really need to get a life. You've been wringing your proverbial hands all week about Kovtun and now Sot and Tuk. The Russian fed will be just fine and so will they and all your angst isn't going to change a thing. You really need to find another obsession and I really need to put you on ignore because you annoy the hell out of me.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast