Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

vCash
    Can't a 3t+1t be classified as two mistakes? And the level 2 spin? He basically had a strong junior season which was ruled irrelevant -that it was jr- by the powers that be.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    I cannot even begin to imagine how poor Mao felt! She went through some really tough times, but retained her personal integrity by attempting to keep her mother's illness a secret. Shame on anyone for criticising this beautiful and VERY talented skater! I know all we see are the products the skater puts out there, and we DON'T see the personal struggles behind the devastating seasons they skate. Like Mao, perhaps Gachinski's demons are menacing to the point of being terminally distracting for his skating. I think calling him a 'headcase' is wrong. Until he ends up in the Little White Building on the edge of town, we should at least attempt to be somewhat compassionate. NO ONE like him skates badly on purpose. Like Mao, I will continue to support Gachinski in his efforts to find his form. He can do this. It's not his first rodeo...
    Last edited by Triple Axel; 03-14-2013 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    But you think leaving mishin and that environment would be beneficial? Or not? I mean if it's totally internal physically that's one thing but if you say being in the environment he's in is bad mentally thats something else. So it's really too late for major changes now I think but you are just speculating without any concrete recommendations or ideas for improvement. Do you have any that are outside of just getting generally healthier??
    NO. In answer to your first question. Leaving Mishin would be emotional and career suicide at this point. Artur needs to take some time during the 'off' season to completely re-tool himself-to recreate the magic. He needs to understand, first and foremost, that he IS capable of doing this now. Even after Hell Season, he can come back, and WILL do this. He needs to take some 'ME time' to examine those skating skills many now question, pull back to the basics, re-learn his jumps in the context of a taller, lankier body type (that is SO NOT optimal for figure skating, with that high, altered centre of gravity!), to become comfortable with who and what he is NOW. Forget the successes of the past, and the horrid failures, and to focus entirely on the future. He cannot 'save' this season-it is over and done with. He needs to play past it. There is NO reason to change anything right at this moment. It would mean nothing. But starting from today, Artur needs to begin the process. Assuming the 'personal problems' resolve with attention and care, there is no telling just how far this kid will go. Mishin is one of a very few high level Russian coaches today-and his coaching shows results. I know Yagudin flourished under the tuteledge of Tarasova, and struggled with the multiple skater approach favoured by Mishin, but Artur is as different a skater and a person from Yagudin as Plushenko was. it is difficult to tell what environment would best suit Gachinski, as he plays his cards very close to his chest. He alone can figure out what he wants, and in the time frame he wants it.

Main point: It is NOT, nor has it ever been, MY job to correct Artur's issues or to "offer concrete recommendations or ideas for improvement", Casey. THAT is what he pays his coach and his team for!! I am NOT on the payroll, and somehow, I doubt that Mr. Mishin would give my ideas much credence. Artur might, but the verdict is still out on that one. I can offer support, but that is about all. I am NOT a Sports Psychologist. This is a discussion forum, and I was merely discussing some possible reasons why Artur had such problems finding his way this season. It was in no way meant to be a treatise on how to 'cure' a skater in the middle of his own worst nightmare on the ice. I will gladly leave THAT task to the people around Artur-those he chose to help guide him through the maze that is competitive figure skating.
    I have a feeling that we are going to see a re-created, focused, commanding skater, or we will see the collapse of a Supernova. My bet is on the former.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The other only had time in the program to add another jump because he would take another element out. Because you know, nothing actually mattered other than jumps back then.

And there's nothing stopping skaters from preparing plan B now.
    You are cool, Ziggy! IMHO:

The days of the single or stag axel are well and truly over now. Robin Cousins used to have the most amazingly high and beautiful stag axel-it was huge and dramatic, and fit well within the context of the program. I would KILL to see that move performed by Artur Gachinski, Kovtun or even Plushenko! But we will never see that, because it doesn't even get ANY points, and more than likely will affect a negative .03 on the GOE!! And when they replaced one element with another, (a triple for a quad to compete with the guy who just did 2) it added an element of excitement to the competition. Other things mattered except the jumps, but the jumps were the main thing. And you had to LAND it on your blades, NOT on your arse on the ice!! The jump was an element, NOT a bunch of parts in sequence. Not the take off, the roatation and the landing-it was a quad. If you completed it, wonderful for you. If you tanked it, you got NO credit at all. It wasn't like "Hey, he went all Yard Sale in the air and busted his arse on the ice, but he took off on the right edge and got the rotation in..." AARRGGHH!! He FELL for Gods sakes! It used to be about skating CLEAN. Now, skaters don't really have to worry about the jumps, because if they can get up there off the right edge, and get the rotations in before the crash, the landing is not all that important. I don't care how elegantly you hit the deck, I've never seen a fall I thought had a particularly high level of artistry!! Oh, sorry. I forgot that artistry really doesn't matter anymore. It's all TES and skating skills and program components. Obviously not how well you EXECUTED that program, but what the compnents are! Worst defense of a champion who fell three times (one was a hand-down, but in 6.0, THAT was considered NOT good). "Well, he was skating a MUCH harder program than the others." By God, YES he was---and he couldn't complete that MUCH HARDER program without multiple errors, either!! It would appear that his program components far exceeded the technical ability he had to skate the program! I think there is something to be said for knowing your limitations, and skating within those, rather than reasonably consistently trying elements that just don't seem to really WORK for you! Give me a clean skate any day. In Vancouver, I thought Weir had a beautiful inspired program, although it was not laden with those 'transitions' and manic footwork, and was not as 'technically complex' as the 5 who scored above him. He skated 2 clean programs though. He didn't have a quad. Fair enough, but he had one of the most gorgeous triple axels in the business, complete with unique landing position. Lambiel (whom I dearly LOVE) had issues staying upright on his quad, and the triple axel has NEVER been his friend. He didn't even HAVE one in Vancouver! He outscored Weir on spins (THERE'S a surprise!) and footwork, those dreaded 'transitions' and those PARTS of jumps he was able to complete prior to the crash. Weir ended up skating the entire program without getting the seat of his pants wet! Plushenko and Lysacek were the only skaters besides Weir in the top 6 to skate clean. I know he had NO chance to win a medal there, all things considered, but he skated those skates, and stood up through them. (there was that bobble on the sit-spin-he hit a rut in the ice, and it stopped the rotation of his blade). But he won my respect, although he got NO hardware. I know, it's water under a VERY old bridge, but I just used to LOVE watching the grace and beauty that used to be this sport, not the ADHD programs skaters are forced to perform for points... And as for Plan B, if it is one of those programs with even a HINT of grace and sweeping, big motions (unless they are being used for a TRANSITION) the thing won't gain many points, and thus would be a waste of time. It is very difficult also, during a competitive season, to consistently train 2 different programs and to be able to skate both well enough to win competitions. One invariably ends up winning out over the other...

I absolutely LOVE being able to chat with you all on this forum! We love this sport for so many different reasons, but the one thing we DO have in common is that we do LOVE this sport! Thanks for taking me into your world!!

vCash
    Tuktamisheva has moved in St Peters and is full time in Mishin team. Also Arthur and Plushenko train different hours and Mishin is there for both of them, it sounded like Athur is a side project with alternative coaches which is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Tuktamisheva has moved in St Peters and is full time in Mishin team. Also Arthur and Plushenko train different hours and Mishin is there for both of them, it sounded like Athur is a side project with alternative coaches which is not.
    Artur has never been a 'side project'-he has ALWAYS been coached by Mishin himself, after he got to a level where that was warranted. Before that, he was coached by Mishina, but not since he began seriously competing on the senior level, at least! At times, Artur and Plushenko are at the training rink at the same time, and often do train together, but it is Mishins way, and always has been. Artur will be fine. As I always say "the proof is in the pudding.." Liza's primary coach is Svetlana...

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Yeah, because Menshov's strong season otherwise meant nothing. Or even Voronov's. What the eff ever.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post
    You are cool, Ziggy! IMHO:

The days of the single or stag axel are well and truly over now. Robin Cousins used to have the most amazingly high and beautiful stag axel-it was huge and dramatic, and fit well within the context of the program. I would KILL to see that move performed by Artur Gachinski, Kovtun or even Plushenko! But we will never see that, because it doesn't even get ANY points, and more than likely will affect a negative .03 on the GOE!!
    I don't think the COP has anything to do with Pluschenko's not attempting delayed single axels - he had six years skating as a senior under 6.0 and never did it, plus all the previous years as a junior....countless exhibition skates...

vCash
    Russian singles skaters go through total collapse in sps. None do well. Highest 8th.

vCash
    Bobrova and Soloviev are in 3rd!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I don't think the COP has anything to do with Pluschenko's not attempting delayed single axels - he had six years skating as a senior under 6.0 and never did it, plus all the previous years as a junior....countless exhibition skates...
    That is NOT what I meant!! I meant simply that, gone are the days of those kind of moves! Plushenko never has used anything of that nature-I simply said it would be amazing to see him DO ONE..not that he ever HAD. Holy Mother of God....

I said ROBIN COUSINS had the most amazing stag axel I'd ever seen..not Plushenko! That whole post was NOT about Plushenko...there were other skaters there who will never have tried one. And I can honestly say that I believe that COP prevents skaters now from ever WANTING to do them, or being able to feasibly add them to their programs because of the negative GOE they would get for the single jump, and the lack of points, even if it is sweeping and gorgeous...That move has effectively been eliminated by CoP. That's all I was trying to say. And that there are many of todays skaters that would look quite fantastic executing that move-whether they have done so in the past, or not. Gachinski is definitely one of them..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post

YAY!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Tuktamysheva's primary coach is Svetlana Veretennikova.
    Not anymore, if the rumors are true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Congratulations to them! I hope they can keep that position in the FD!

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Which rumors?
    Moreover, Veretennikova is based in Glazov I think and Mishin in St. Pete's. Since Liza has moved to St. Pete's a while ago already it implies that Mishin NOW is her primary coach.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Spill the beans!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Which rumors?
    Moreover, Veretennikova is based in Glazov I think and Mishin in St. Pete's. Since Liza has moved to St. Pete's a while ago already it implies that Mishin NOW is her primary coach.
    so that explains why Svetlana was not with Tuk and Mishin in Canada right ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Congratulations to them! I hope they can keep that position in the FD!
    I hope they (Bobrova-Soloviev) win the bronze. They will have tough competition from Pechalat & Bourzat. B&S will need to skate their absolute best.

I have not watched any videos yet (a very busy week at work and otherwise for me), but why did I&K place so low? They are even lower than Chock & Bates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I hope they (Bobrova-Soloviev) win the bronze. They will have tough competition from Pechalat & Bourzat. B&S will need to skate their absolute best.

I have not watched any videos yet (a very busy week at work and otherwise for me), but why did I&K place so low? They are even lower than Chock & Bates.
    Level 3 twizzles (Nikita was very wobbly) and level 3 & 2 for the polka. They just never looked comfortable.

vCash
    Loved the adorable interview Jeffrey Buttle had with tatiana and Max in the kiss'n'cry. I think they charmed the audience.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast