Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    NONKO posted in the Yagudin thread:
    February 7th, it started the countdown to 2014 Sochi Olympic in Russia.
    The ice show “1 year to go” was organized by Ilya Averbukh in the ceremony.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3837664 (includes video & photo links)

ETA link to schedule/entries for Russia Cup Final in Tver, Feb. 16-19, posted in the Russia Cup thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3830161

ETA#2: Kovtun is not listed in the entries.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-15-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I always thought Nikita just isn't strong enough to do more acrobatic lifts, or that Elena isn't flexible enough. Over the years I/K hasn't had one really amazing lift. Zhulin wasn't terrible at designing good lifts.

vCash
    What exactly needs to happen at the Russian Cup to change/decide the world teams? Is it whomever wins goes? Or ...what?

vCash
    Kavaguti and Smirnov are not going to Tver. K/S and B/L will be evaulated later on for Worlds.

vCash
    B/L aren't going either.

K/S and B/L might have test skates before the Federation officials, says A. Gorshkov http://fsrussia.ru/news/446_aleksand...-konec-sezona/
    Last edited by quiqie; 02-15-2013 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Nikolai Morozov interview (audio, in Russian) http://www.echo.msk.ru/programs/spor...echo/q.html#qs

He says that he wants to work with Igor Spilband to better understand how he managed to get his teams on top, takes Ilinykh/Katsalapov with him, says that he, as a result-oriented coach would do anything for the Olympic medal to happen.
    Re: Daisuke, he says that this was a trial season for them, Daisuke trained a lot of time on his own (before CoC and NHK), but next year will be different, they start preparing for Worlds in the US on February 20. Says that Daisuke wasn't too upset about his placement at 4CC, said that after the Japanese nationals he had 10 or 12 shows.
    The man is full of horse shit!!!
    I bet this is some play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    What exactly needs to happen at the Russian Cup to change/decide the world teams? Is it whomever wins goes? Or ...what?
    If the chosen people do well even if losing they go. it's a test of skills not a winner goes thing like nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ETA#2: Kovtun is not listed in the entries.
    Surprising, but I must admit I'm relieved; if something unexpected happens and he goes to JW instead I'm glad he'll be fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I would imagine that it'll be the content and quality of the programs looked at as well as the result. At the end of the day Kovtun's still a Junior, and he doesn't do a quad in the short (I think? Correct me if he did one at Euros!). If, say, Artur managed this two-quad short he's talking about with reasonable quality, well...that'd sure be tempting.

No Kovtun, so this has become a straight shootout between Voronov, Menshov and Gachinski, and presumably they'll be compared to Kovtun's Euros performance. Only with JW starting on the 25th, they better not linger over the decision!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Kavaguti and Smirnov are not going to Tver. K/S and B/L will be evaulated later on for Worlds.
    no K/S and B/L
    whats the use for pairs competition in this event ?

well at least there is Antipova/Maisuradze

vCash
    Unless Kolyada or Samarin is injured I don't think Kovtun will go to JW. it would be a shameful thing to do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Surprising, but I must admit I'm relieved; if something unexpected happens and he goes to JW instead I'm glad he'll be fresh.

I would imagine that it'll be the content and quality of the programs looked at as well as the result. At the end of the day Kovtun's still a Junior, and he doesn't do a quad in the short (I think? Correct me if he did one at Euros!). If, say, Artur managed this two-quad short he's talking about with reasonable quality, well...that'd sure be tempting.

No Kovtun, so this has become a straight shootout between Voronov, Menshov and Gachinski, and presumably they'll be compared to Kovtun's Euros performance. Only with JW starting on the 25th, they better not linger over the decision!
    Kovtun has a 4T/3T in the short program and he landed this combination cleanly at Euros.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    no K/S and B/L
    whats the use for pairs competition in this event ?

well at least there is Antipova/Maisuradze
    K/S-one of them is getting over the flu and Larionov just has sutures taken out of his hand last week (he fractured his wrist) S/K should be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Kovtun has a 4T/3T in the short program and he landed this combination cleanly at Euros.
    Ah, I wasn't sure. Thankyou.

vCash
    Kovtun is likely not attending the test skates because his spot on the World team is pretty much secure. I think the only way he doesn't go to Worlds is if Voronov and/or Gatchinski skates a blinder at test skates, otherwise Kovtun goes.

vCash
    Zhulin sings in a Russian TV show
    http://www.1tv.ru/sprojects_member/si5849/r45652
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Kovtun is likely not attending the test skates because his spot on the World team is pretty much secure. I think the only way he doesn't go to Worlds is if Voronov and/or Gatchinski skates a blinder at test skates, otherwise Kovtun goes.
    I agree, but I think it's also a sensible decision in the regard that IF something crazy happens, he's not going to be exhausted right before JW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Zhulin sings in a Russian TV show
    http://www.1tv.ru/sprojects_member/si5849/r45652
    oh my

is this mikhailova alongside him?

Click me with your mouse
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    oh my

is this mikhailova alongside him?
    No, it's Polina Gagarina, a Russian singer.

Thanks for the link, dinakt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    No, it's Polina Gagarina, a Russian singer.

Thanks for the link, dinakt.
    haha, thanks.
    a singer? ok, doesnt sound like one

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    She sounds like a singer to me, and her English doesn't have a trace of accent.

He can hold a tune, and he certainly can dance, but I don't think he should be giving up his day job yet. On the other, hand, if Russell Crowe can get paid big bucks to sing... Plus, he seems to have a good sense of humor about himself, and is game for this.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast