Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1010
  1. #661
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    495
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Bavarian Open 2013

    Stolbova & Klimov are in the lead at the Bavarian Open. They got 59.84 for their SP. Their triple twist got a negative GOE but the rest was ok.
    Antipova & Maisuradze are in close second place with 59.74. They messed up in the side by side triple toes. They got a better TES than Stolbova & Klimov but lost to them on the PCS.
    It will be interesting to see how things will turn in the LP
    Last edited by DaiKozOda; 02-09-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: spelling

  2. #662
    Team Voronov, party of 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,297
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6366
    Reading the last page of this thread has made my already prevalent headache, so so so much more worse.

    Leonova going back to an old program isn't surprising, but I was hoping she'd go back to her voidy Witches of Eastwick LP from two seasons back. Oh well.

  3. #663
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,671
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5868
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    The International judges are never going to get the chance because that's been taken care of by the federation. I know everyone thinks that because gosviani beat Leonova the federation had a job to get her to euros and get her the minimums so she could skate no matter she couldn't get out of the country earlier because of how she was skating in domestic competitions pre nationals.
    Do you think Gosviani deserve to beat Leonova at Nationals?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Stolbova & Klimov are in the lead at the Bavarian Open. They got 59.84 for their SP. Their triple twist got a negative GOE but the rest was ok.
    Antipova & Maisuradze are in close second place with 59.74. They messed up in the side by side triple toes. They got a better TES than Stolbova & Klimov but lost to them on the PCS.
    It will be interesting to see how things will turn in the LP
    I wish S&K got more love from the judges. They're my favorite Russian pair. I know they don't have the best skating skills, but being almost beaten by a brand new team, who made a mistake, while they were clean, is pretty harsh.

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Leonova going back to an old program isn't surprising, but I was hoping she'd go back to her voidy Witches of Eastwick LP from two seasons back. Oh well.
    Yes! Or Chicago. Remind everyone why they liked you in the first place!

  4. #664
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,033
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I didn't say it was immoral. I get why it is happening and even with the nationals result it was a skater being dumped because of the when the third skater was named. Most of the people here because of who leonovas coach is and her programs would have not supported sending leonova anyway lol If she beat Gosviani by a point. The Russia cup final really doesn't matter in naming a skater to worlds.
    Well you say "dumped" like it was unfair. Leonova only has herself to blame, if she had a better season they may have looked past her finishing behind Gosviani at Nats. But she didn't. And as you say, she finished behind a "jgp reject" of all things. So get over it.

  5. #665

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,923
    vCash
    1600
    Rep Power
    4720
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    The International judges are never going to get the chance because that's been taken care of by the federation. I know everyone thinks that because gosviani beat Leonova the federation had a job to get her to euros and get her the minimums so she could skate no matter she couldn't get out of the country earlier because of how she was skating in domestic competitions pre nationals.
    Casey, did you actually watch Russian Nationals, and look at the scores there. Because looking at how Alena skated and how Leonova was scored, I fail to see an example of the Russian judges dumping Alena. Leonova was giving ridiculously high PCS for this performance and had about 8 points higher than PCS on Gosviani
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTcbf4t0Lo

    Now Leonova's PCS will right now be higher than Gosviani's even with a bad skate. But she's normally not going to get anywhere near the 64.24 she got for that particular skate internationally.

    And I will point out that if you were to put a paper bag over both girls heads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0pz7QwHFdw

    Gosviani would get higher PCS if no reputation was factored in.

    I fail to see how the Russian federation dumped Leonova, she was scored very generously. And I think if she does well at Russian Cup, they will put her on the World team because I think they'd rather have someone experienced at the Qualifiers for the Olympics. However, they also absolutely have the right to consider their young talent, and the thing is Gosviani does have talent. Its hard for younger skaters to get into the international field given Russia's depth. Leonova got to get out there when the Russian field was weak. However its in their interest to give their skaters some chances. I'm sure they were thinking Gosviani has some talent, and they don't know yet which young skaters will last and which young skaters won't. So why not let her go to Europeans, we can test her out. See how she handles the pressure, and then also let her earn some points towards GPS..

    It also sends Leonova the message too, that its time to get her butt in gear. She may be world Silver medalist but she's been skating like crap all season long, and the Russians have a lot of young talent coming up. They have no reason to hold Leonova up. Considering Leonova has a good shot at making the World team, I fail to see how the Russian fed was so cruel or mean to her. If this was a fluke skate it would be one thing but its not.

    Personally I don't particularly enjoy Leonova's skating but I do think if she skates well at Russian Cup, they should send her to worlds because I think her experience could be useful, and She has delivered for them in the past. But giving the crap she's been skating like lately, I think its smart for the Russians to send Gosviani to Euros, see how she handles it. While also seeing if Leonova can get it together by around Worlds. Because you know what if Leonova is still skating like this by worlds, than she's not going to place well at all and they might be better of sending Gosviani.

  6. #666
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,462
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Stolbova & Klimov are in the lead at the Bavarian Open. They got 59.84 for their SP. Their triple twist got a negative GOE but the rest was ok.
    Antipova & Maisuradze are in close second place with 59.74. They messed up in the side by side triple toes. They got a better TES than Stolbova & Klimov but lost to them on the PCS.
    It will be interesting to see how things will turn in the LP
    Antipova/Maisuradze almost beating Stolbova/Klimov ?
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 02-09-2013 at 04:32 AM.

  7. #667

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,157
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1604
    I wasnt referencing the judges at the Russian nationals because all the skaters got higher scores. It was a nationals and everyone was inflated not just leonova. After nationals was over the federation made the decision to name ineligible gosviani over eligible leonova. They made a huge commitment to gosviani that said her nationals skate was good and therefore they would ignore all her pre-nationals performances and make her eligible for euros which also made her eligible for worlds potentially. So all the commitment for this season is now with gosviani so why after doing all his for gosviani would they even consider the results of cup of Russia final and say one good performance from leonova there potentially negates her whole bad season. They did it with gosviani for euros but leonova for worlds just seems unlikely at this point. So does a good performance from leonova as she has more riding on this competition than any in her past. The idea that his time off will automatically make her great is kind of strange. I don't know why her season was so bad but nothing indicates she will skate well at cup of Russia final or it would matter if she did do well. They have already made such a huge effort to get gosviani to euros and put her on the euros team. It's true what others write hat the team for 2014 is going to be sotnikova/Liza/Julia and Liza and sotnikova didn't need leonova at euros as some kind of captain or something.

  8. #668

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,923
    vCash
    1600
    Rep Power
    4720
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I wasnt referencing the judges at the Russian nationals because all the skaters got higher scores. It was a nationals and everyone was inflated not just leonova. After nationals was over the federation made the decision to name ineligible gosviani over eligible leonova. They made a huge commitment to gosviani that said her nationals skate was good and therefore they would ignore all her pre-nationals performances and make her eligible for euros which also made her eligible for worlds potentially. So all the commitment for this season is now with gosviani so why after doing all his for gosviani would they even consider the results of cup of Russia final and say one good performance from leonova there potentially negates her whole bad season. They did it with gosviani for euros but leonova for worlds just seems unlikely at this point. So does a good performance from leonova as she has more riding on this competition than any in her past. The idea that his time off will automatically make her great is kind of strange. I don't know why her season was so bad but nothing indicates she will skate well at cup of Russia final or it would matter if she did do well. They have already made such a huge effort to get gosviani to euros and put her on the euros team. It's true what others write hat the team for 2014 is going to be sotnikova/Liza/Julia and Liza and sotnikova didn't need leonova at euros as some kind of captain or something.
    There's inflating someone's scores, and there's inflating someone's scores. Niki Pcs at Euros (and for a worse skate I believe) she got a 52.97 and a 55.83 at Russian Nationals. Whereas Leonova got a 64.24 in Pcs when at Skate America 57.25 she got at Cup of Russia 53.54 at Skate America. At worlds where she won the Silver medal with a GOOD skate she got 59.10...

    Leonova's PCS at Russian Nationals were ridiculous. I don't think Niki's for her skate at Russians Nationals was.

    And once again, investing in Niki, I don't see this huge investment. They wanted to give her the opportunity for Europeans, and I suspect wanted to send Leonova a message too. They probably saw it as a good opportunity to spread the wealth.

    The Russian judges spotted Leonova about a 10 point advantage at Russian Nationals, and that 10 point advantage wasn't really because she was a better skater but because of her rep.. The coaches council probably figured if Leonova couldn't over come that combined with her bad season, Niki probably deserved something...

  9. #669

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,157
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1604
    Well if you doubt investment in gosviani it's certainly effort and going out of their way at this particular moment to get her to competitions instead of leonova.

    Tuktamisheva got 66 pcs and that was 11 points above her highs in gp.

    The judges had their favorites but the federation said they were wrong and have made their own choices and said no leonOva even though she could go to euros and gosviani couldn't when she was named.

  10. #670

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,923
    vCash
    1600
    Rep Power
    4720
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Well if you doubt investment in gosviani it's certainly effort and going out of their way at this particular moment to get her to competitions instead of leonova.

    Tuktamisheva got 66 pcs and that was 11 points above her highs in gp.

    The judges had their favorites but the federation said they were wrong and have made their own choices and said no leonOva even though she could go to euros and gosviani couldn't when she was named.
    Tuk skated well. Leonova did not. The point is Leonova's huge PCS hardly showcase a plan on the Russian fed's part to dump her. Rather it suggest she was one of the favorites.

    As for going out of their way, I think its rather they felt Gosviani has promise (she after all can do much harder jump layouts than Leonova) and felt that she deserved a shot at least getting the minimum.

    If this particular skate was a fluke, I think the Russian Fed might very well have named Leonova anyways. But Leonova's been skated horribly all season long, something that you conveniently forget.
    Last edited by bek; 02-09-2013 at 10:51 AM.

  11. #671
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    423
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I remember some of the officials interview when the Euros team was named. There were words like "Sending Leonova now means throwing her into the breach. She doesn't have time to get prepared for Euros considering her current shape". I guess that makes sense. Have the same happened in the country like USA, she would be out of Euros/4CC AND Worlds team immediately. Now Alena has a chance for Worlds, but of course she has to skate well for that, nothing wrong with that. To be honest, I think Gosviani deserved to be above Leonova at Nationals by 10 points at least, not 1-2, because she skated very well with 3-3 in both programs while Leonova barely landed anything

  12. #672
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,033
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    After nationals was over the federation made the decision to name ineligible gosviani over eligible leonova.
    It's not like she was underage and they faked her birth certificate to make her eligible. All she had to do was compete at an international event to get the TES minimum. Big difference and I don't understand why you keep harping on it. Honestly, even if they had named Leonova to Euros (or name her to Worlds) I'm sure they would have wanted Gosviani eligible as an alternate.

  13. #673

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,314
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    8321
    Does anyone know what is the name of Serafima Sakhanovich SP music? I know it from somewhere and it keeps playing in my head...

  14. #674

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My old Kentucky home, far away
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,340
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3417
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Does anyone know what is the name of Serafima Sakhanovich SP music? I know it from somewhere and it keeps playing in my head...

    "Once Upon a December" It's from the soundtrack to the animated movie Anastasia. You probably remember Tara Lipsinski skating to the music back in 1997-98.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

  15. #675

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,314
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    8321
    Thank you! I knew I remember it from somewhere!

  16. #676

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,157
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1604
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Tuk skated well. Leonova did not. The point is Leonova's huge PCS hardly showcase a plan on the Russian fed's part to dump her. Rather it suggest she was one of the favorites.

    As for going out of their way, I think its rather they felt Gosviani has promise (she after all can do much harder jump layouts than Leonova) and felt that she deserved a shot at least getting the minimum.

    If this particular skate was a fluke, I think the Russian Fed might very well have named Leonova anyways. But Leonova's been skated horribly all season long, something that you conveniently forget.
    I didn't forget and I have been mentioning it myself! I was just about the eligibility for euros factor.

    Gosviani can do a harder 3/3 than 3t/3t but really they're about equal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    I remember some of the officials interview when the Euros team was named. There were words like "Sending Leonova now means throwing her into the breach. She doesn't have time to get prepared for Euros considering her current shape". I guess that makes sense. Have the same happened in the country like USA, she would be out of Euros/4CC AND Worlds team immediately. Now Alena has a chance for Worlds, but of course she has to skate well for that, nothing wrong with that. To be honest, I think Gosviani deserved to be above Leonova at Nationals by 10 points at least, not 1-2, because she skated very well with 3-3 in both programs while Leonova barely landed anything
    The quote seems like its familiar but not sure what kind of poor shape she is in considering everything. She landed 5 triples falling on triple toe and singling flip and now she's having problems with 2a again.

    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    It's not like she was underage and they faked her birth certificate to make her eligible. All she had to do was compete at an international event to get the TES minimum. Big difference and I don't understand why you keep harping on it. Honestly, even if they had named Leonova to Euros (or name her to Worlds) I'm sure they would have wanted Gosviani eligible as an alternate.
    The issue of the euros spot is just relevant to leonovas true chances for worlds which are really none.

  17. #677
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,084
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Leonova was the one eligible for euros when the team was announced- gosviani wasn't
    Why is that relevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Leonova is under far more pressure than gosviani- its not even close- leonova cant make one mistake in any way and her performance has to be better than gosvianis at euros and equal to or better than her 2012 worlds performance.
    What are you talking about?

    Two skaters skate against each other. The better skater gets sent to Worlds. The pressure is pretty equal.

    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    There is no scenario where leonova is sent to worlds
    SCENARIO WHERE LEONOVA IS SENT TO WORLDS: SHE SKATES BETTER THAN GOSVIANI

    Jesus Christ, I really want to believe you're just trolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    To be honest, I think Gosviani deserved to be above Leonova at Nationals by 10 points at least, not 1-2, because she skated very well with 3-3 in both programs while Leonova barely landed anything
    And this exactly the point.

  18. #678

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7460
    Is there a livestream for this all important comp?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  19. #679

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,314
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    8321
    Well, they could always sent Irina Slutskaya to worlds if they don't want to send Gosviani and Leonova is still rubbish. (They would have to sent her to any competition first to get the qualifying score though). She still seems to have her triples. Slutskaya would even beat Pluschenko with her age.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

    ETA: just noticed that the link has already been sent in the Trash can. Sorry for repeating the link.

  20. #680
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    423
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Well, they could always sent Irina Slutskaya to worlds if they don't want to send Gosviani and Leonova is still rubbish. (They would have to sent her to any competition first to get the qualifying score though). She still seems to have her triples. Slutskaya would even beat Pluschenko with her age.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

    ETA: just noticed that the link has already been sent in the Trash can. Sorry for repeating the link.
    I remember not so long ago I turned TV on and there was some skating show, a girls was skating. I didn't recognize her and thought it was Leonova first, but the girl was more graceful and better streched, and then they showed her closer and I was amazed it was actually Slutskaya! She did 3Lo and 2A I think and skated very well, I liked her even more than when she was a competitive skater. I think she is gorgeous!

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •