Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I like Vika and Ruslan more then R-T and M-Kh, but whom they must replace in team Russia in Morozov opinion? Maybe his girlfriend?
    Hmm? Where did Morozov talk about Sinitsina and Zhiganshin?

vCash
    As far I understood, Morozov talked about Sinitsina and Zhiganshin as an example to question the logic of the coaching council in what concerns the Menshov/Kovtun situation. It's like, if Menshov is left out of the team because he is older and there's another skater younger and more promising, why haven't they done the same in dance (leave R&T home and nominate S&Z because they are younger and possible contenders for the future). The thing is that in dance, the federation respected the results from nationals (the top three go to euros) but for the men's team it was a different story. That's what I got from his statements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    As far I understood, Morozov talked about Sinitsina and Zhiganshin as an example to question the logic of the coaching council in what concerns the Menshov/Kovtun situation. It's like, if Menshov is left out of the team because he is older and there's another skater younger and more promising, why haven't they done the same in dance (leave R&T home and nominate S&Z because they are younger and possible contenders for the future). The thing is that in dance, the federation respected the results from nationals (the top three go to euros) but for the men's team it was a different story. That's what I got from his statements.
    I meant where was the article? In the article in this thread, I couldn't find any mention of Sinitsina and Zhiganshin

vCash

vCash
    Does anyone have the link for Gosviyani's FS from the Mentor Nestle Nesquik Torun Cup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Does anyone have the link for Gosviyani's FS from the Mentor Nestle Nesquik Torun Cup?
    I'd be really interested in this as well! I tried to search for a link but didn't find anything. Maybe it will be online here later on: http://www.youtube.com/user/mnntc13. Her SP is already online, but it looks like the upload of the Junior Ladies FS is not finished yet. So it might be online soon.

Meanwhile I'll link the protocol of that event for those who are interested in it:
    http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/2012/..._FS_Scores.pdf

For those who didn't follow that event, Nicole Govsiani reached the TES minimum score to compete at Euros!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Gosviani made the Worlds SP TES minimum, but missed the FS minimum by 2.38 points. She singled an axel and a toe; had she done doubles in both without losing much GOE, she would have made it, but at Euros, she'll have the CH sequence element that's not included in Junior FS's. She also only had two combos at Nesquick. She should have a good shot at making the Worlds FS TES minimum at Euros.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash

vCash
    I know that she singled some jumps and there was no Ch Seq, but the idea of a free skate with a 3/3, 5 clean triples in total and a sixth triple with partial credit NOT reaching Worlds minimum TES is disturbing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Gosviani made the Worlds SP TES minimum, but missed the FS minimum by 2.38 points. She singled an axel and a toe; had she done doubles in both without losing much GOE, she would have made it, but at Euros, she'll have the CH sequence element that's not included in Junior FS's. She also only had two combos at Nesquick. She should have a good shot at making the Worlds FS TES minimum at Euros.
    Thanks! I was getting a bit nervous looking at the protocols just now,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I know that she singled some jumps and there was no Ch Seq, but the idea of a free skate with a 3/3, 5 clean triples in total and a sixth triple with partial credit NOT reaching Worlds minimum TES is disturbing...
    I totally agree. Also, I feel like you should only have to reach the standard in the SP. If you qualify for the SP at worlds, you should be allowed to skate the SP at worlds - presuming you qualify through your country's selection process. If you don't qualify for the FS at worlds, well then, off you go.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The TES minimum is not to establish a standard amount of average technical ability for championships, but to be sure the field is small enough to eliminate the need for prelims. If a five-triple program with the levels of spins and steps she obtained with the GOE she got isn't high enough for Worlds, it means that there are a championship full of skaters that perform better technically. The TES minimums are relative to the strength of the field, although for Euros/4C's in the SP for at least some disciplines, they hover at doing the minimum required technically at base GOE.

We're so used to thinking that the technical standard for Ladies has gone down so much, without looking at the number of skaters who are at the level established for the TES minimums.

By having separate TES minimums for SP and FS, they have made the value judgement that they'd rather have a more balanced skater, rather than weight the SP more heavily than the FS by setting a single (probably higher) SP standard, regardless of how competitive the FS is, or by allowing a skater to be either balanced between the two programs or to be much stronger in one than the other by having a total that can be met, instead of individual minimums.

The ISU reserved the right to adjust the scores, which means they could raise them if too many skaters met them, just as they could lower them if the bar proved to be too high. I'm surprised given the number of names on the singles lists that they didn't raise the scores for Euros or 4C's.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 01-15-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Limiting the number of entries is fine, but I think a number of skaters (Kostner, Korpi, for sure, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, maybe) can win a European Championships with the same (or even lesser) technical content and it seems weird that it is not enough to even qualify for Worlds. I am aware that all of them have already met TES requirements for Worlds, but the point still stands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anya View Post
    Limiting the number of entries is fine, but I think a number of skaters (Kostner, Korpi, for sure, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, maybe) can win a European Championships with the same (or even lesser) technical content and it seems weird that it is not enough to even qualify for Worlds. I am aware that all of them have already met TES requirements for Worlds, but the point still stands.
    Actually Kostner won Worlds last season with lesser technical content (she also had 5 triples in her FS, but no 3-3 and no lutz), so it's weird indeed

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In last year's European Championship FS, only one skater in the Top 10 had lower TES than Gosviani (45.62) at Nesquick, 9th place Valentina Marchei, with 44.24 with one extra element, the relatively low-scoring CH spiral sequence. Even removing about 3.5 points for a beautifully done spiral, of the top six, Kostner, Korobeynikova, Gedevanishvili, Viktoria Helgesson, and Leonova would have had higher TES than Gosviani (as would 8th place Popova) and only Korpi, who beat her in absolute TES, would have been below her without the extra element. Regardless, Korpi performed higher technical content overall, because she did the spiral, and no one forced Gosviani to leave out a third combo at Nesquick, which many of the Ladies at 2012 Euros did.

In 2011, which also had a CH spiral, only Glebova in the Top 10 had lower TES than Gosviani at Nesquick, and even taking out 3.5 points for a great spiral, the Top 3, Kostner, Meier, and Leonova, as well as Ira Vannut, would have still had over 50 points, and Linnae would have been close. Korpi, having mucked up her planned content, would have had lower TES if the spiral was removed, but she did the spiral.

2010 was a lot weaker, and there was a leveled spiral sequence instead of the lower value CH one. Still, Kostner, with a 5 triple program (including 3F/3T and 3Lz) would have had higher TES had the 3.9 points she got for the spiral been subtracted, as would Gedevanishvili and Meier in the Top 6. In absolute terms, Lepisto, Korpi, Leonova, and Marchei in the Top 10 had lower TES than Gosviani, and six of the Top 10 had higher TES. 2009 was even weaker, but of the Top six, Kostner, Lepisto, and Leonova were solidly over 50 points in TES, with Meier close to 50, and Sebestyen had higher TES in absolute terms. Again, Korpi's TES were lower.

Tuktamysheva might not need more than 43 TES to win Euros, because she only needs to be higher than the next highest skater, but so far this year, injured she scored 54.77, over 9 points more than Gosviani with one extra element, and in her other two outings, she scored 63.88 (TEB) and 63.65 (GPF). For Sotnikova to win Euros, either the rest of the field will have to implode, or she will have to do significantly better than the 51.36 she earned at SA and 48.28 she earned at Rostelecom Cup. Korpi improved her TES at GP's to range from 50.38-56.12, which was boding well for Euros until she was injured.

I'm not seeing how the point stands when the top Ladies heading into Euros have already surpassed Gosviani's scores significantly so far this season, all but Kostner in GP, even without the extra element, and in the past four years, despite a reputation for being exceedingly weak technically, the Euro Ladies have mostly outscored her in TES.

All that said, Gosviani is very close to the Worlds TES minimum, and she could do an identical program -- singling two jumps and leaving out the third combo -- except to add a good CH sequence and still make the World TES minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Actually Kostner won Worlds last season with lesser technical content (she also had 5 triples in her FS, but no 3-3 and no lutz), so it's weird indeed
    No, she didn't. Her base was 53.04 (compared to Gosviani's 44.58), and her FS TES was 63.22.

Even in jumps, Kostner's base was 36.94 and total with GOE was 42.64, while Gosviani's base was 33.48 and her total was 33.01, since she lost 1.4 on the solo 3F. Gosviani's hardest jump element (3F/3T) was harder than Kostner's hardest jump element (3S/2T/2T), and Gosviani's two hardest jump elements were harder than Kostner's two hardest jump elements, but in total difficulty -- at least as determined in IJS and not 6.0 -- and, especially in quality, Kostner's jumping reigned supreme.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 01-15-2013 at 08:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The TES minimum is not to establish a standard amount of average technical ability for championships, but to be sure the field is small enough to eliminate the need for prelims.
    That is unfortunate. If the former is the goal, then the TES minimum requirement should really be also accompanied by an abolition or at least amendment to the per country rule.

As is, the TES minimum requirement does no more than lighten up the burden for ISU in running the championships.

vCash
    from GS list of juniors for nationals

looks like Julia is in the list, hopefully she had enough rest and wins junior title
    will Julia be the first to defend a junior title if she wins again ?

Boys:

Alexey Genya
    Feodosiy Efremenkov
    Andrei Zuber
    Maurice Kvitelashvili
    Mikhail Kolyada
    Alexei Krasnozhon
    Murad Kurbanov
    Andrei Lazukin
    Artem Leger
    Konstantin Milyukov
    Alexander Petrov
    Adian Pitkeev
    Roman Savosin
    Alexander Samarin
    Vladimir Samoilov
    Vladislav Smirnov
    Vladislav Tarasenko

Girls:

Evgenia Gerasimova
    Valeria Yevseyeva
    Kristina Zaseeva
    Anastasia Kolomiets
    Julia Lipnitskaya
    Evgenia Medvedeva
    Natalia Ogoreltseva
    Arina Petrova
    Anna Pogorilaya
    Elena Radionova
    Seraphima Sakhanovich
    Maria Sotskova
    Maria Stavitskaia
    Uliana Titushkina
    Elizaveta Tursynbaeva
    Valentina Chernyshova
    Elizaveta Yushchenko

Junior Pairs:

Maria Vigalova - Egor Zakroev
    Kamilla Gainetdinova - Ivan Bich
    Valeria Grechukhina - Andrei Filonov
    Anastasia Gubanova - Alexey Sintsov
    Vasilisa Davankova - Andrei Deputat
    Anastasia Dolidze - Vadim Ivanov
    Alexander Minin - Alexander Korovin
    Vlada Mishina - Alexander Kurmachev
    Oksana Nagalaty - Maxim Bobrov
    Evgenia Tarasova - Vladimir Morozov
    Lina Fedorova - Maxim Miroshkin
    Arina Chernyavskaya - Antonio Souza-Cordeiro

Junior Ice Dance:

Kristina Baklanova - Andrei Bagin
    Ekaterina Bocharova - Anton Shibnev
    Anastasia Voronkova - Nikita Trushkov
    Sophia Evdokimova - Egor Bazin
    Valeria Zenkova - Valery Sinitsyn
    Evgenia Kosigina - Nikolai Moroshkin
    Valeria Loseva - Denis Lunin
    Daria Malaeva - Vladislav Ishin
    Daria Morozova - Mikhail Zhirnov
    Betina Popova - Yuri Vlasenko
    Maria Simonova - Dmitri Dragun
    Alexandra Stepanova - Ivan Bukin
    Elizaveta Tretyakova - Alexander Savin
    Eva Khachaturian - Igor Eremenko
    Anna Yanovskaia - Sergei Mozgov

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    ^^^ Source link (in Russian) is: http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1164.html (will cross-post updated link in the Russian Junior Nationals thread in Kiss and Cry)

ETA:

Preliminary entry list was posted by oleada earlier in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3780759

MEN (new): Murad Kurbanov and Maurice Kvitelashvili
    No longer listed: Maxim Kovtun, Dmitry Mikhailov, Evgeni Vlasov

LADIES (new): Julia Lipnitskaia and Valeria Yevseyeva
    No longer listed: Nikol Gosviani, Anna Shershak

PAIRS (new): Arina Chernyavskaya - Antonio Souza-Cordeiro
    No longer listed: Alisa Smirnova - Vladimir Arkhipov
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    from GS list of juniors for nationals

looks like Julia is in the list, hopefully she had enough rest and wins junior title
    will Julia be the first to defend a junior title if she wins again ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_J...onships#Ladies

Yes, I think she's the first. World Juniors started in 1976.

Adam Rippon did it in men's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    As is, the TES minimum requirement does no more than lighten up the burden for ISU in running the championships.
    That was the ISU's stated purpose in implementing it. And it's had some success. There are 36 Ladies' entries to Euros this season, whereas there were 43 last season, counting all the skaters who entered the Preliminaries.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast