Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Julia's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JTONQEQQgc

and this girl reminds me of Carolina Kostner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-_p5EH5qJI

Samarin's FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t1yQDWU9mI
    he could have won the junior title, but his 3axel less is hampering him, imo
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 02-02-2013 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Unless puberty kills her, I think Radionova will totally slay the next quadrennial.

That 3lutz/3toe/3toe combo (!!!) was performed with hardly any effort. As if she was doing 2/2/2.
    I'm not as into Radionova as others. Her short strikes me as so gangly (although the long is better) Serafima! though I must say I adore. I think the difficulty is who is going to even make it out of Russia... (With Adelina, Tukt, Radionova, Julia (etc)... Its hard to know with puberty who will last and who won't...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Standings after the ladies SP:
    1. Elena Radionova - 68.45
    2. Serafima Sakhanovich - 67.49
    3. Julia Lipnitskaya - 67.03

The depth is just insane! And I think I have found my new favorite Russian wunderkind - Serafima http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEfYvQODJLg
    Imo she has what Radionova but especially Lipnitskaya lack so far - she is delicate, has lovely soft skating and holds her positions exquisitely! There is no rushing through her movements or her choreography.
    This girl is wonderful. Who says you can't take your time to present yourself just because you are a junior?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Someone should tell her that she will never get a level 4 on the closing layback if she keeps rotating the I position in her combination spin for 8 revs or more and use up the 8 rev feature.

vCash
    and Julia is off the podium, hope that doesn't mean she's turning into the Caroline Zhang route.

impressed by Sotskova, her arm movements are good for someone very young
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-_p5EH5qJI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8QL0QPfWTs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post

The depth is just insane! And I think I have found my new favorite Russian wunderkind - Serafima http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEfYvQODJLg
    Imo she has what Radionova but especially Lipnitskaya lack so far - she is delicate, has lovely soft skating and holds her positions exquisitely! There is no rushing through her movements or her choreography.
    I agree, she's wonderful!

vCash
    and Julia is off the podium, hope that doesn't mean she's turning into the Caroline Zhang route.

Bringing up zhang is just going way too far at this point. Could be like a sotnikova 2012. It's Russian jr nationals where there is just unreal unprecedented talent.

vCash
    Could also be a beginning of puberty. Around this time a year ago both Adelina and Liza's body started changing. That doesn't necessarily mean that she will struggle. Julia not at her best will be probably better than most European skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Good point, forgot about her.

Well this means that Euros was most likely the first and the last major event for Gosviani.
    Oh dear, I am really hoping that this won't be true! She's lovely!!

At the risk of stating the obvious, gosviani should be sent to worlds coz:

She looks like a sweet, hard working teenager. Not overly aggressive like a few other russian wonderbabies, which is lovely to see
    She is coached by Urmy and therefore has an artistik and dramatik flair
    Her short programme is soft and lovely, skated to tinkly winkly piano muzak by Joe Hisaishi
    Her long programme is also lovely, skated to dramatik violin concerto (gizmos music a few years back)
    She has a cool long and windy (if a little wonky) entry to the flip jump
    She went from being the third alternate for Russian Nationals to the third best senior lady!
    She achieved the worlds minimum TES (admittedly a little by the skin of her teeth)
    (most importantly) she will spare us the sight of morozov and leonovas AWFUL programs this season and her tragic splatting and crawling over the ice (I do like leonova, but ....)

Apologies for my gushing over gosviani. Me loves the underdog skating lights out!!!

vCash
    Julia's FS is now up, 3 mistakes double hand down on 3lz, turn out on 3f and fall on 3S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g23ajqHWwBI

F/M, Russian Junior Pairs Champs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7F1j9orA-Q

vCash
    Russian junior team: http://fsrussia.ru/news/442_sostav-s...redi-yuniorov/

Ladies - Elena Radionova, Julia Lipnitskaya, Anna Pogorilaya
    Men - Mikhail Kolyada, Alexander Samarin
    Pairs - Lina Fedorova/Maxim Miroshkin, Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov, Kamilla Gainetdinova/Ivan Bich
    Ice dance - Valeria Zenkova/Valery Sinitsin, Evgenia Kosygina/Nikolai Moroshkin, Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin

ETA Just saw it was posted already in the Kiss and Cry
    Last edited by quiqie; 02-05-2013 at 07:00 PM.

vCash
    It's fine to cross-post this information here.

This means that Maxim Kovtun will very likely be competing at Worlds?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I guess this means that Yankovskaia and Mozgov have been thrown away? Time to change coaches...

vCash
    Too bad for Vigalova/Zakroev . Also Yanovskaya/Mozgov seem to be dumped.

vCash
    I don't think Yanovskaya/Mozgov have been dumped...they won the FS at junior nationals with the highest TES and PCS. It looks like they just made mistakes technically in the SD (levels?) and couldn't make up the necessary ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    It's fine to cross-post this information here.
    This means that Maxim Kovtun will very likely be competing at Worlds?
    As he is not listed on the Junior Worlds presumably yes. Well there is the answer if Menshov will receive any chance to make the team by skating well at Russian Cup. Not even if he lands three quads and I guess everybody from the officials knew it beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    The goalpost is, and always has been, win stuff internationally and the federation will give you additional chances for Worlds even if you screw up Nationals (which isn't necessarily a bad idea or unfair).
    But it is unfair if one skater competed in Juniors and the other one in Senior GP against reigning senior world medalists, i.e. if you compare results that are not suited for such comparison. And it is in particular unfair if the Fed on one case takes results (Kovtun – Menshov) but in the other case they don`t though skaters competed at the same event (skate off between Gachinski – Menshov) in case Kovtun skated badly at Euros. I also don’t see the spot of Kovtun at Worlds justified just because of his admittedly great free skate at Euros – it`s not as if he’d beaten Menshov there, he simply got a possibility to shine and took advantage of it, while another skater didn`t receive this possibility though he really deserved it. Actually there should be a skate of between Kovtun and Menshov at Russian Cup or right before Worlds - then both skaters would have equal chances to get that spot.

What I find in particular annoying about the whole affair is that Russian Fed just so obviously didn’t want to send Menshov to any major senior events due to his age and their bad situation with regards to possible lack upcoming skaters after 2014. No matter what results Menshov produces, RF will find ways to send someone else. Let`s assume Kovtun goes to Worlds and manages to place top 10. Guess what will happen next year at Nats – even in case Menshov would beat Kovtun again and even if he would have had better results in the senior GP, RF will again send Kovtun arguing he had better results at major ISU championships last year. Anyone taking the risk to bet with me here?

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Yeah but if I were a skater, I'd much prefer a selection system which is transparent and predictable to any other system because I would know what to expect from my Federation. But so long as the Federation foots my training bill, it's pretty obvious I am hardly in a position to choose at all. End of story.
    Well, if an employer pays you based on employment contract, is he entitled to give his employees discriminatory treatment? I don’t think that financial support of skaters entitles the Fed to act completely randomly. It`s not like they without having any benefit of it support the skaters` personal hobby, but their job. Skaters usually sacrifice a lot for it (e.g. better education, job opportunities, making some good money from “normal work” when they are young and last but not least their health is quite often at stake) and if they work hard enough to “earn” a spot on the team, then the fed should send them, no matter if it does not fit their personal preferences or not. In addition it’s not a one way train, as far as I know Russian fed takes some amount of the price money the skaters earn – at least this was the case a couple of years ago. It’s not like the pay for training without having an own interest in the success of their skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    Oh dear, I am really hoping that this won't be true! She's lovely!!
    I too want Gosviani at Worlds - and that comes from a big fan of Ksenia Makarova (who might have a better chance as a substitute in case Govsiani would not go). I really think Nicole Gosviani worked well to deserve that spot.

Wow, this girl looks really mature on the ice for being a junior. How old is she?

vCash
    Maria Sotskova's date of birth is April 2, 2000, so she is 12 right now.

Re-posting this useful list and hanca's link from the Russian Nationals thread in Kiss and Cry:
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Currently age eligible for seniors and juniors in 2012/2013
    Valentina Chernyshova - 3/5/1996
    Kristina Zaseeva - 10/1/1996

Age eligible for juniors in 2011/2012; Senior-Age eligible in 2013/2014
    Maria Stavitskaya - 9/1/1997
    Evgenia Gerasimova - 1/2/1998
    Anna Pogorilaya - 4/10/1998
    Arina Petrova - 5/7/1998
    Julia Lipnitskaia - 6/5/1998

Age eligible for juniors in 2012/2013; Senior-Age eligible in 2014/2015
    Elena Radionova - 1/6/1999

Age eligible for juniors in 2013/2014; Senior Age eligible in 2015/2016
    Alsou Kayumova - 7/12/1999
    Evgenia Medvedeva - 11/19/1999
    Elizaveta Yushchenko - 1/6/2000
    Seraphima Sahanovich - 2/9/2000
    Elizaveta Tursynbaeva - 2/14/2000
    Maria Sotskova - 4/2/2000

Age eligible for juniors in 2014/2015; Senior age eligible in 2016/2017
    Anastasia Kolomiets - 8/6/2000

Not age eligible any time soon:
    Valeria Yevseyeva - 3/13/2002

Polina Platkova - only info is that she was born in 2000
    (Note: Birthdates at this link are listed day/month/year.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-05-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Sylvia - thank you for the info!

Can't believe Sotskova is only 12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    As he is not listed on the Junior Worlds presumably yes. Well there is the answer if Menshov will receive any chance to make the team by skating well at Russian Cup. Not even if he lands three quads and I guess everybody from the officials knew it beforehand.

But it is unfair if one skater competed in Juniors and the other one in Senior GP against reigning senior world medalists, i.e. if you compare results that are not suited for such comparison. And it is in particular unfair if the Fed on one case takes results (Kovtun – Menshov) but in the other case they don`t though skaters competed at the same event (skate off between Gachinski – Menshov) in case Kovtun skated badly at Euros. I also don’t see the spot of Kovtun at Worlds justified just because of his admittedly great free skate at Euros – it`s not as if he’d beaten Menshov there, he simply got a possibility to shine and took advantage of it, while another skater didn`t receive this possibility though he really deserved it. Actually there should be a skate of between Kovtun and Menshov at Russian Cup or right before Worlds - then both skaters would have equal chances to get that spot.

What I find in particular annoying about the whole affair is that Russian Fed just so obviously didn’t want to send Menshov to any major senior events due to his age and their bad situation with regards to possible lack upcoming skaters after 2014. No matter what results Menshov produces, RF will find ways to send someone else. Let`s assume Kovtun goes to Worlds and manages to place top 10. Guess what will happen next year at Nats – even in case Menshov would beat Kovtun again and even if he would have had better results in the senior GP, RF will again send Kovtun arguing he had better results at major ISU championships last year. Anyone taking the risk to bet with me here?

Well, if an employer pays you based on employment contract, is he entitled to give his employees discriminatory treatment? I don’t think that financial support of skaters entitles the Fed to act completely randomly. It`s not like they without having any benefit of it support the skaters` personal hobby, but their job. Skaters usually sacrifice a lot for it (e.g. better education, job opportunities, making some good money from “normal work” when they are young and last but not least their health is quite often at stake) and if they work hard enough to “earn” a spot on the team, then the fed should send them, no matter if it does not fit their personal preferences or not. In addition it’s not a one way train, as far as I know Russian fed takes some amount of the price money the skaters earn – at least this was the case a couple of years ago. It’s not like the pay for training without having an own interest in the success of their skaters.

I too want Gosviani at Worlds - and that comes from a big fan of Ksenia Makarova (who might have a better chance as a substitute in case Govsiani would not go). I really think Nicole Gosviani worked well to deserve that spot.

Wow, this girl looks really mature on the ice for being a junior. How old is she?
    Now its all about kovtun and its too bad that menshov is pushed aside.

There is no way makarova with her triple jump would be a good substitute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post

So you want Menshov to be sent ahead of Voronov, who comfortable beat him at the nationals ??? Kovtun did well at the JGPF and did very well at the Europeans against a very good field by finishing 5th. So Kovtun has shown to be more than capable of doing well on a senior stage. Something Menshov failed to do when he was the Russian champion, and had a disaster at the europeans. The point being, Menshov had the opportunity and he failed before, as for russian nationals, he narrowly won the bronze.

RSF had set up its rule and it followed the rules, just because you didn't happen to read them does not mean that it did not exist. The rules said the best two athletes at the national (plushy and Voronov) and third spot would be decided by the coaches council. The coaches council narrowly decided to give the spot to Kovtun. These rules have always existed and Russians have used this rule before, example sending Leonova over Petushkova to the europeans few years ago. If you like to follow national results so closely, how are expecting Makarova as a substitute if Gosiani would not go. Should the opportunity not go to Leonova, who beat Makarova ...

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast