Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gosviani probbaly wont be going to Worlds
    tehy might gamble with Loenova

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    (Edited out my question because love_skate2011 has since deleted the original post.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-31-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Thankyou .Nice to see Bobrova strutting her stuff shame about the fall and the last lift looked a little awkward.A nice change for them .
    Well it's a new exhibition, so they probably aren't very comfortable with it yet. It will probably be much better at worlds

vCash
    ^^

I deleted it,
    she just went to Germany thats it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Gosviani probbaly wont be going to Worlds
    tehy might gamble with Loenova
    If that is true, why isn't she doing Junior Nationals and being considered for Junior Worlds?

Lipnitskaia and Radionova are a lock but I think Gosviani would be a great third entry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If that is true, why isn't she doing Junior Nationals and being considered for Junior Worlds?

Lipnitskaia and Radionova are a lock but I think Gosviani would be a great third entry.
    The Fed probably wants to send Pogorilaya, who has built up momentum with 1st and 3rd at her JGP events and 3rd at JGPF. She was also a strong 5th at Nationals, finishing ahead of Gosviani. I think she will be the third entry to JW provided she skates decently well at Junior Nationals - most of the girls who could potentially beat her should she falter are too young to go anyways, so I tend to think barring disaster Anna will be on the team. She has huge 3lz-3t and 2a-3t-2t combos.

vCash
    Good point, forgot about her.

Well this means that Euros was most likely the first and the last major event for Gosviani.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    From a World Standings point of view, Gosviani earned 496 points at Euros, and could only earn a max of 4 points were she to win Jr. Worlds, since only points from one championship count each season. (She'd need 9th or higher at Worlds to earn any incremental points.) None of the other age-eligible Juniors have any WS championship points this season. Lipnitskaia is currently 17th in WS, and while her 2011-12 points will get the 70% factor next season, none drop off, and she'll be age eligible for Worlds. Radionova and Pogorilaya are currently 74th and 78th in WS, and this is the first season they've had points, and were they to do well at Jr. Worlds, their WS will rise by at least 25 if not 30 or more places, after 2010-11 is dropped and 2011-12 is factored by 70%.

Ranked 75th in WS, Gosviani would draw for one of the 15 SP spots in Groups 1 or 2 or the first three spots in Group 3 for the lucky. Leonova is currently ranked 3, with 3481 points. Asada would need a win at 4C's to surpass her before Worlds, and Wagner, the next non-Euro skating, is 870 points behind her and can't pass her even with a 4C's win, so Leonova is guaranteed to be in the draw for skating the SP in Groups 4 and 5. Wagner at 4C's should push Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva down a place, and Murakami could with a win or silver, but it's mathematically impossible for the next in line at 4C's, Zijun Li. The worst ranking the two young Russians will have is 9th and 10th, and they'll draw for spots in the last two groups.

Without a championship score, Leonova will be left with 1911 WS points at the beginning of GP season, which this year would have put her 11th on the WS list. This is important if she doesn't go to Worlds, because she's currently 25th on the SB list, with a shot at being surpassed by V. Helgesson (SB, 28 155.72) and possibly Fuente (SB 32, 152.21) at Worlds. Her WS would guarantee her a GP spot that didn't have to be a host spot.

Gosviani is currently 29th on the SB list, with 154.41, or 3.17 points below Meite's 24th SB, so with a stronger score at Worlds, having established herself at Euros, she, V. Helgesson, Meite, and tied for 23rd Cesario (with Imai) would be fighting for those last Top 24 SB spots, not all to get GP spots. Cesario, Hicks (SB 30, 153.77) and Siraj are going to be trying to better, or in the case of Siraj, establish SB scores. They're all pretty low 50's-80's in WS.

I don't think the Russian Fed necessarily cares about Gosviani, with Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva edging past their growth spurts and adjusting, Leonova as a fallback, and potential star Lipnitskaia if she keeps her jumps for another year, but if they do, and Leonova goes to Worlds, they can give her a host spot or convince another Fed to choose her from the Top 75 list, after the guaranteed spots have been divvied up.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash

because there are many other juniors even better than Gosviani ?
    I can think of the names Sakhanovich , eligible ? or Anna Pogorilaya etc.

vCash
    from GS forum found some junior practices

Julia is looking great: she went back to her last seasons 2a-3t-2t and 2a-3t, she might still win because she gets huge goes and her spins
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEcX_ar3F-s

Elena has two 3-3-3 planned in FS ? 3lz-3t-3t and 3s-1.5lo-3f
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmWoGTrqko4

vCash
    I think it makes a lot of sense as long as Leonova does well at the test skate to send Leonova over Gosviani. She's the reigning World Silver medalist, and I think sending her with the other two maximizes their shot at 3 spots for the Olympics. Adelina and Elizaveta are young, so its a good idea to have Leonova there.

vCash
    Will Leonova compete at another B competition before Worlds? Or will her next appearance be the test skate? When will the test skate take place?

I have to say I really enjoyed watching Gosviani at Europeans. She really stood out in her practice group and she is a skater that you can't take your eyes off.

vCash
    leading
    in Junior Pairs SP its Tarasova/Morozov
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjU-tC0Wz7o

Junior Men SP Alexander Samarin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78CjUBs8Yoc

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    For those with access to the Kiss and Cry section, results and videos are being posted in the Russian Junior Nationals thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...3-2013-Saransk
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post

I have to say I really enjoyed watching Gosviani at Europeans. She really stood out in her practice group and she is a skater that you can't take your eyes off.
    I enjoyed watching her too. Granted her jumps are a bit wonky but I like her balletic style (much more than Leonova).

I hope Lipnitskya's jumps make it through puberty. She really is a gorgeous skater.

vCash

vCash
    Unless puberty kills her, I think Radionova will totally slay the next quadrennial.

That 3lutz/3toe/3toe combo (!!!) was performed with hardly any effort. As if she was doing 2/2/2.

vCash
    Unless puberty kills her, I think Radionova will totally slay the next quadrennial.

That 3lutz/3toe/3toe combo (!!!) was performed with hardly any effort. As if she was doing 2/2/2.
    Well, before getting too excited I'd wait for her development the next years.
    Last season Lipnistkaia was jumping as effortless as elena and, although, she looks good in the practice, all of her jumps have a laborious quality

vCash
    agreed, looking at that practice videos, I actually think Lipnitskaya has higher jumps than Radionova
    and Julia's landings are more secure while Elena's tend to be a bit wobbly

vCash
    Standings after the ladies SP:
    1. Elena Radionova - 68.45
    2. Serafima Sakhanovich - 67.49
    3. Julia Lipnitskaya - 67.03

The depth is just insane! And I think I have found my new favorite Russian wunderkind - Serafima http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEfYvQODJLg
    Imo she has what Radionova but especially Lipnitskaya lack so far - she is delicate, has lovely soft skating and holds her positions exquisitely! There is no rushing through her movements or her choreography.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast