Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

vCash
    And the baby-boom continues - Alexander Zhulin becomes a dad for a second time. He and his wife, Natalia Mikhailova, have welcomed their daughter Ekaterina today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    And the baby-boom continues - Alexander Zhulin becomes a dad for a second time. He and his wife, Natalia Mikhailova, have welcomed their daughter Ekaterina today.
    I didn't even know she was pregnant. Congrats to them!

vCash
    Mikhailova? : Once more - Lost talent :

but congrats to them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    That's his 3rd wife, right? Usova was the only one that did not have a child with him.

What is Navka doing these days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    This is absurd. They saw promise in someone and are willing to bet on him. They are doing it within their rules of selection. Why the outrage?

Was there such outrage when 4th placed Slutskaya was selected over 3rd placed Sokolova for 1998 Europeans and over 2nd placed Soldatova for 1998 Olympics?

I hope there is no change, simply because doing so would undermine the Russian Fed doing what's within its power to do.
    You have a point of course, but I think I understand why the outrage. The problem with the Russian society in general is that in public's view, everything is corrupt, athletic federations included. The athletes and fans do not believe that the decisions made by the figure skating federation for example, are only based on fair and objective criteria, and not on whose coach has more power and influence. I highly doubt that Kovtun would have been sent to Euros if his coach was someone relatively unimportant, he would have been sent to junior worlds with all his potential and that's it. This is my understanding of why most people are unhappy about the situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterchik View Post
    In short YES,but allot more went on
    Really? That surprises me - Bobrova and Soloviev seem to do almost everything a bit better. Maybe they lack a bit of the speed, but they project emotion much better. Their elements on the whole seem better as well.

vCash
    Nikolai Morozov: “They just ruined Menshov’s life”
    http://fskating.com/2013/01/nikolai-...hovs-life.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    ... The problem with the Russian society in general is that in public's view, everything is corrupt, athletic federations included...
    And not just in Russia, unfortunately in many sports the general frame-of-mind amongst non-russians is that if a Russian wins it's because of politics or corruption, it's really sad for the athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homura View Post
    hehe, morozov with clear words...

maybe now he will have some friends more, even for some days

vCash
    I like Vika and Ruslan more then R-T and M-Kh, but whom they must replace in team Russia in Morozov opinion? Maybe his girlfriend?

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homura View Post
    I don't get this...Morozov, Mishin and Kudriavtsev were in the council IIRC...and they all voted against sending Kovtun. So why does everyone say the coaches' council decided on Kovtun?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    I don't get this...Morozov, Mishin and Kudriavtsev were in the council IIRC...and they all voted against sending Kovtun. So why does everyone say the coaches' council decided on Kovtun?
    Me neither. I thought Morozov et al. voted against sending Menshov???

vCash
    Because they are at the minority?

vCash
    first decision to sent kovtun was a split decision 5-4 or something, second time not to change the decision was 8-1 (we now know who that one was from the interview).

Secondly here Morosov is showing hos hatred towards Kovtun rather than being fair to Menshov.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The 5-4 vote was in the Coaches' Council. The 8-1 vote was in the Executive Committee of the Russian Fed on whether to accept the recommendation of the Coaches' Committee. The dissenter in the Executive council was Oleg Nilov, who triggered the appeal to the sports ministry.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3781538
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Nikol Gosviani made the SP TES for worlds (and euros) in Poland today! She scored 51.16 with a TES of 29.50. She had a 1 point deduction for something.
    Here's her SP (cross-posted in the competition thread in Kiss and Cry): http://youtube.com/watch?v=wrIawTZNcdU
    Junior Ladies FS is tomorrow.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Interview with Konstantin Menshov from R-Sport: http://rsport.ru/interview/20130111/639113406.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Interview with Konstantin Menshov from R-Sport: http://rsport.ru/interview/20130111/639113406.html

As for the Russian Cup final, I'm thinking. I just have heard many times from our Federation - Go to Final, there will be decided your fate. How many times I've won this final, not even remember ...
    - I counted - five times.
    So this is not the first time Menshov gets dumped for other skaters?

Menshov sounds like a very nice person. Go Konstantin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    That's his 3rd wife, right? Usova was the only one that did not have a child with him.
    Wasn’t he dating Navka, Gritchuk and Gordeeva during his marriage with Usowa? Guess poor Zhulin was simply too tired when coming back home to Usova to produce any offspring!

Was there such outrage when 4th placed Slutskaya was selected over 3rd placed Sokolova for 1998 Europeans and over 2nd placed Soldatova for 1998 Olympics?
    This is not a good comparison, as Slutskaya’s results in the GP were at least equal or even better compared to Sokolova’s in the GP and certainly better than Soldatova’s. In my book it’s ok to base nominations for the 3rd spot to Major events also on other placements during the season if announced to skaters in time and if these events are on a comparable level, which is not the case in the whole Kovtun – Menshov affair.

This is absurd. They saw promise in someone and are willing to bet on him. They are doing it within their rules of selection. Why the outrage?
    I hope there is no change, simply because doing so would undermine the Russian Fed doing what's within its power to do.
    Is it ok, not trying to change a system, just if it stays within its powers, if the rules of selection are based on some people having more influence, reputation and better background deals in behind instead of sport principle? Basically if the solution of this case is that everything is ok, cause RF stayed within its rules and powers, then their rules needs to be changed. + +

What about a parliament passing a questionable law completely lawfully within its powers, but mostly based on heavy lobbying and not for making best politics for one country? I don’t think one would argue it's ok, it was within their powers.

Regarding the outrages – without being a Fan of Morozov, but I think he hit the point, this decision it not only unfair, it basically ruined the career of one late blooming athlete to early promote a youngster, who will still have his chance to shine, because of his coaches influence, which in my opionion is pretty much disgusting from a moral side.

However, I’m pretty much amused about Morozov talking how Kovtun ist all about jumps and does not have a 2nd mark. Did he ever take a closer look on Voronov’s skating? Besides I personally think he didn’t give that interview to support Meshov, but rather to harm his rival Tarassova and to promote his own student.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post

Secondly here Morosov is showing hos hatred towards Kovtun rather than being fair to Menshov.
    very near to the truth

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast