Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    Huge congratulations to Evgeni and Yana on the birth of their son. And, welcome to the world, Alexander! What a wonderful Christmas indeed.

vCash
    Congratulations to Zhenia & Yana!

Impatiently waiting for the first pictures of the lovely little family to come up!

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Congrats to Plush and Yana

BTW: Does anybody know why Ivan Bariev was not at Russian Nats?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Congrats to Plush and Yana

BTW: Does anybody know why Ivan Bariev was not at Russian Nats?
    Yes, he injured ligaments in his ankle in a fall in training and resumed skating just shortly before Nationals, according to his coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Yes, he injured ligaments in his ankle in a fall in training and resumed skating just shortly before Nationals, according to his coaches.
    Thank you for the Info, Eislauffan! What a pity! I really liked him at Nebelhorn and wished he'd do well at Nats.

vCash
    Interview with Alena Leonova: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/7672.html (in Russian).

She talks about her failure at Russian Nationals, doesn't give concrete reasons what happened other than that maybe pressure got to her. She claims her practices leading up to Nationals went well. She said she won't give up and wants to fight for a spot at Worlds.

vCash
    The Russian minister of sports, V. Mutko, told the press that within the next couple of days a final decision will be made if M. Kovtun or K. Menshov will go to Europeans.
    Article: http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...145944618.html
    However, it doesn't really sound like a change can be expected. Mutko states that there was no violation of rules (in naming Kovtun to the team) as the coaches' council can recommend the third skater. Mutko said that the decision wasn't taken really publicly and therefore they (his ministery) asked the Federation to discuss the selection again.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Thank you Eislauffan. I know for myself, I didn't expect them to change their minds. They are playing within their own rules, even if I personally don't think it's fair. I am sure others feel the same.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    This is absurd. They saw promise in someone and are willing to bet on him. They are doing it within their rules of selection. Why the outrage?

Was there such outrage when 4th placed Slutskaya was selected over 3rd placed Sokolova for 1998 Europeans and over 2nd placed Soldatova for 1998 Olympics?

I hope there is no change, simply because doing so would undermine the Russian Fed doing what's within its power to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    This is absurd. They saw promise in someone and are willing to bet on him. They are doing it within their rules of selection. Why the outrage?

Was there such outrage when 4th placed Slutskaya was selected over 3rd placed Sokolova for 1998 Europeans and over 2nd placed Soldatova for 1998 Olympics?

I hope there is no change, simply because doing so would undermine the Russian Fed doing what's within its power to do.
    They have not changed the list. Kovtun is on the official entries for EC2013, Gachinski and Menshov are the substitutes.
    Last edited by yaya124; 01-10-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: correct information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    They have not changed the list. Kovtun is on the official entries for EC2013, Gachinski is the first subsitute, and Menshov the second.
    Now THAT is wrong. If they insist on sending Kovtun, Menshov should be first sub. I love Gachinski, but Menshov is in MUCH better form right now.

vCash
    This also sucks for the athletes since now they do not know what to prepare for and how to practice now because they would want to achieve the peak of their shape by Euros and/or Junior Worlds respectively.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    They have not changed the list. Kovtun is on the official entries for EC2013, Gachinski is the first subsitute, and Menshov the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Now THAT is wrong. If they insist on sending Kovtun, Menshov should be first sub. I love Gachinski, but Menshov is in MUCH better form right now.
    Substitutes are listed in alphabetical order on the offical entries list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Why would people need convincing? Did many people think that Bobrova and Soloviev shouldn't have won?
    In short YES,but allot more went on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterchik View Post
    In short YES,but allot more went on
    What the heck is wrong with people?! Did they really think I/K's craptastic programs are worthy of a Russian Championship gold medal?
    Sometimes I really question the taste of my people.

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_T_T_ View Post
    Substitutes are listed in alphabetical order on the offical entries list.
    So why are they referred to as "first" and "second" substitutes? Shouldn't they just be "subs"?

vCash
    So why are they referred to as "first" and "second" substitutes? Shouldn't they just be "subs"?
    They are just listed as substitute entries. The official list for russia says....

23 Maxim KOVTUN RUS 18
    24 Evgeni PLUSHENKO RUS 18
    25 Sergei VORONOV RUS 18
    Artur GACHINSKI RUS 18 S
    Konstantin MENSHOV RUS 18 S

Some people may have assumed Gachinski is the first substitute because he is listed first but the list is alphabetical for both entries and substitutes.

vCash
    Disputed Menshov Decision Upheld: http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201...639020606.html
    An federation executive committee meeting voted nine to one Thursday to uphold the decision to include Kovtun at Menshov's expense, Gorshkov told R-Sport.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Nikol Gosviani made the SP TES for worlds (and euros) in Poland today! She scored 51.16 with a TES of 29.50. She had a 1 point deduction for something. Results so far: http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/2012/MNNTC13/SEG014.HTM

vCash
    Sorry I made a mistake on claiming the first and second...... Please forgive me

I have edited my post above. Sorry.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast