Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What if Leonova got Euros and Gosviani got Worlds? Sure, it's a long shot, but Leonova is in a bad situation here and I don't see her drastically improving.

WRT the ladies who're too young for senior comps, OMG, so much talent. Putting aside the likely berths for Radionova and Lipnitskaya, I wonder if Serafima Sakhanovich might be able to swing a spot at JW? I guess it's pretty contingent on her success at JN.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I suspect that the organizers of both Senior B's at the beginning of January would allow Gosviani to skate, were the Russian Federation to ask.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    According to the article, the coaches at the meeting included Mishin, Kudryatsev, and Morozov.
    And they didn't nominate Leonova?

vCash
    I disagree with the concept of sending someone who finished 6th over the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place finishers. Sorry. That's just how I feel about it. It would be crazy and you may as well say "Nationals are irrelevant, we'll send who we like, don't bother turning up."

It's the same with the men. I actually don't understand why they wouldn't send Menshov - solid and a good skater. It's Voronov who they should be wary about but they already said 1st and 2nd were locks.

Regardless, I don't mind if Gachinski doesn't go this year. It seems terrible but I'd rather he have more time to have the doctors find out what's wrong with him.

But seriously, I'd be sending Menshov. Kovtun is a great little skater and yeah he's Senior material, but he was 5th. To have a Euros team of 1st-2nd-5th without an injury seems odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Putting aside the likely berths for Radionova and Lipnitskaya, I wonder if Serafima Sakhanovich might be able to swing a spot at JW? I guess it's pretty contingent on her success at JN.
    Not this year - too young.

Re-posting useful age info from the Russian Nationals Ladies SP thread in Kiss and Cry:
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Sahanovich, Ogoreltseva, Kayumova & Yuschenko - age eligible for juniors in 2013/2014; senior eligible in 2015/2016
    Radionova, Li, Fedoseeva & Maximova - age eligible for juniors in 2012/2013; senior eligible in 2014/2015
    Pogorilaya, Stavitskaia & Gerasimova - age eligible for juniors in 2011/2012; senior eligible in 2013/2014

All others (Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, Makarova, Leonova, Biryukova, Korobeinikova & Gosviani) are senior eligible right now.

Sahanovich (b. February 9, 2000) is the youngest [of the 18 senior ladies at Nationals]; Leonova (b. November 23, 1990) is the oldest.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Evgenia Medvedeva was 1st and 4th in Junior Russian Cup. She did not compete in senior Russian Cup competition and therefore she did not qualify to senior nationals.

http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1840.html
    Evgenia Medvedeva's DOB is listed as November 19, 1999, so she will be ISU Junior age-eligible in 2013-14.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-28-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    when will Elena Radionova enter the senior circuit? her free skating left me totally speechless.

vCash
    I did NOT realize that Sakhanovich was so young! She has a more mature presence than her age would normally suggest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Top 8 Ladies at Russian Nationals:
    1 Елизавета ТУКТАМЫШЕВА SPG 196.57 1 1 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    2 Елена РАДИОНОВА MSK 191.26 3 2 Elena Radionova (not age-eligible for 2013 Euros/Worlds)
    3 Аделина СОТНИКОВА MSK 190.75 2 3 Adelina Sotnikova
    4 Серафима САХАНОВИЧ SPB 177.37 9 4 Serafima Sakhanovich (not age-eligible for 2013 Euros/Worlds, born Feb. 9, 2000: http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1839.html )
    5 Анна ПОГОРИЛАЯ MSK 176.58 5 5 Anna Pogorilaya (not age-eligible for 2013 Euros/Worlds)
    6 Николь ГОСВИЯНИ SPB 170.67 8 6 Nikol Gosviani (doesn't have TES minimum scores for Euros since she hasn't competed internationally since the fall of 2010 according to her ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010707.htm )
    7 Алёна ЛЕОНОВА MSP 169.64 6 8 Alena Leonova
    8 Ксения МАКАРОВА SPB 163.83 12 7 Ksenia Makarova
    No Polina K

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    WRT the ladies who're too young for senior comps, OMG, so much talent. Putting aside the likely berths for Radionova and Lipnitskaya, I wonder if Serafima Sakhanovich might be able to swing a spot at JW? I guess it's pretty contingent on her success at JN.
    Sakhanovich is born February 9, 2000 , and will only be 13 next year http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1839.html
    is that cut off age allowed already under ISU rules ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8indel View Post
    Does anyone have a preliminary roster for Russian Junior Nationals? If there are kids born in '00 in seniors, I wonder how young the juniors will be 0_o
    Here's one:
    http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1164.html

Men:
    Evgeni Vlasov
    Alexei Genya
    Fedosiy Efremenkov
    Andrei Zuber
    Maxim Kovtun
    Mikhail Kolyada
    Alexei Krasnozhon
    Andrei Lazukin
    Artem Leger
    Konstantin Milyukov
    Dmitry Mikhailov
    Alexander Petrov
    Adya Pitkeev
    Roman Savosin
    Alexander Samarin
    Vladimir Samoilov
    Vladislav Smirnov
    Vladislav Tarasenko

Ladies:
    Evgenia Gerasimova
    Nikol Gosviyani
    Valerya Yevseyeva
    Kristina Zaseeva
    Anastasia Kolomiets
    Evgenia Medvedeva
    Natalia Ogoreltseva
    Arina Petrova
    Anna Pogorilaya
    Elena Radionova
    Seraphima Sahanovich
    Maria Sotskova
    Maria Stavitskaya
    Ulyana Titushkina
    Elizaveta Tursynbaeva
    Valentina Chernyshova
    Anna Shershak
    Elizaveta Yushchenko

And since you ask about age, Valeria Yevseveya was born in 2002! Sotskova, Kolomiets, Yuschenko, Sahanovich, Tursynbaeva & Ogoreltseva were all born in 2000; all but Kolomiets are eligible for the JGP next year.

Pairs:
    Maria Vygalova - Yegor Zakroev
    Kamila Gainetdinov - Ivan Bich
    Valeria Grechukhina - Andrei Filonov
    Anastasia Gubanova - Alexey Sintsov
    Vasilisa Davankova - Andrei Deputat
    Anastasia Dolidze - Vadim Ivanov
    Alexandra Minina - Alexander Korovin
    Vlad Mishina - Alexander Kurmachev
    Oksana Nagalaty - Maxim Bobrov
    Alisa Smirnova - Vladimir Arkhipov
    Evgenia Tarasova - Vladimir Morozov
    Lina Fedorova - Maxim Miroshkin

Dance:

Kristina Baklanova - Andrei Bagin
    Ekaterina Bocharova - Anton Shibnev
    Anastasia Voronkova - Nikita Trushkov
    Sophia Evdokimova - Yegor Bazin
    Valeria Zenkova - Valery Sinitsyn
    Evgenia Kosygina - Nikolai Moroshkin
    Valerya Loseva - Denis Lunin
    Daria Malaeva - Vladislav Ishin
    Daria Morozova - Michael Zhirnov
    Betina Popova - Yuri Vlasenko
    Maria Simonova - Dmitry Dragun
    Alexandra Stepanova - Ivan Bukin
    Elizaveta Tretyakova - Alexander Savin
    Eva Khachaturian - Egor Eremenko
    Anna Yanovskaya - Sergei Mozgov

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

It's the same with the men. I actually don't understand why they wouldn't send Menshov - solid and a good skater. It's Voronov who they should be wary about but they already said 1st and 2nd were locks.
    You'd be more wary of Voronov, who is the only of the Russian senior men who actually medaled on the GP series this year, has been more consistant than Menshov this year, and handily beat Menshov at nationals? Nice.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Here's one:
    http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1164.html

Ladies:
    Evgenia Gerasimova
    Nikol Gosviyani
    Valerya Yevseyeva
    Kristina Zaseeva
    Anastasia Kolomiets
    Evgenia Medvedeva
    Natalia Ogoreltseva
    Arina Petrova
    Anna Pogorilaya
    Elena Radionova
    Seraphima Sahanovich
    Maria Sotskova
    Maria Stavitskaya
    Ulyana Titushkina
    Elizaveta Tursynbaeva
    Valentina Chernyshova
    Anna Shershak
    Elizaveta Yushchenko
    Thank you!
    So Lipnitskaia won't compete here? Then she won't go to Jr. World?
    I feel sad if I can't see her at any competitions in this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Thank you!
    So Lipnitskaia won't compete here? Then she won't go to Jr. World?
    I feel sad if I can't see her at any competitions in this season.
    Russians dont just go by junior nationals result, since Julia did qualify for senior GPFs they can give her the positions if she is healthy enough to compete.

vCash
    is that list updated ???
    wasn't there an interview that Julia will skip seniors but will be at junior nationals and junior worlds

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Supposedly, Kovtun has been chosen to go with Plushenko and Voronov to Europeans, and Gosviani is the third lady to go.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    You'd be more wary of Voronov, who is the only of the Russian senior men who actually medaled on the GP series this year, has been more consistant than Menshov this year, and handily beat Menshov at nationals? Nice.
    Yes, I would. Menshov has been solid and dependable, and not prone to meltdowns. He definitely should have medalled at CoR - that Brezina was placed above him was nothing short of a disgrace. Menshov is a good skater, he did what he had to do to earn a place on the team, and he did it well. Voronov's PCS at Nationals was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Supposedly, Kovtun has been chosen to go with Plushenko and Voronov to Europeans, and Gosviani is the third lady to go.
    Disgraceful decision on both parts. The 6th place lady to go over the 3rd, the 5th place man to go over the 3rd. Why bother having Nationals?

vCash
    Sotnikova was is 3rd and she's going.The girls in 4th and 5th place are not eligible so it's Nikol who is 6th the one to go.

vCash
    Disgraceful decision on both parts. The 6th place lady to go over the 3rd, the 5th place man to go over the 3rd. Why bother having Nationals?
    You seem to be confused about the ladies situation. Sotnikova is on the team along with Tuktamysheva and Gosviani- those were the top 3 age-eligible ladies from Nationals 2013.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash

The 3rd lady is actually going and it's not exactly Gosviani's fault the 2nd, 4th and 5th place finishers are younger than her and not eligible yet.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    The 6th place lady to go over the 3rd, the 5th place man to go over the 3rd.
    The 6th place lady is not being chosen over the 3rd place lady. Sotnikova was 3rd and she is going. The girls who placed 2nd, 4th and 5th are not old enough and can't go so in the ladies they have picked the top 3 who are old enough to go.

Anyway, before didn't they said top 2 would be chosen from nationals and the 3rd would be decided taking other things into account? So the skaters knew going in they had to finish 1st or 2nd to get their spot automatically.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast