Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Evgeni Plushenko has not qualified through the traditional means, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the mens page, it says under Notes (Google Translate):

" Its intention to participate in the Championship of Russia said Yevgeny Plushenko ."

vCash

vCash
    Update re: Polina Shelepen: http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/5986

Her coach Svetlana Sokolovskaya says, that they are not sure yet if Polina would be able to skate at Russian Nationals. Now they are in Zagreb, because Polina missed competitive experience. She also didn't train last month due to leg injury, and started trying jumps only in last four-five practices. Doctors recommend to take a month off ice, but she says it's unreal. Igor Shpilband is in Zagreb too, Sokolovskaya says he came to see how Polina is doing, but he didn't work with her, since she wasn't able to train properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Update re: Polina Shelepen: http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/5986

Her coach Svetlana Sokolovskaya says, that they are not sure yet if Polina would be able to skate at Russian Nationals. Now they are in Zagreb, because Polina missed competitive experience. She also didn't train last month due to leg injury, and started trying jumps only in last four-five practices. Doctors recommend to take a month off ice, but she says it's unreal. Igor Shpilband is in Zagreb too, Sokolovskaya says he came to see how Polina is doing, but he didn't work with her, since she wasn't able to train properly.
    oh no, sad to hear this.
    don´t know if tis will do polina any favours, if the doctors recommend to take some more time off.
    hope she gets well soon and will be able to be competitve as sooon as possible.

vCash
    Sorry to hear of Polina's injury. I hope she recovers fully and competes next year.

vCash
    Thank you for the info. But I don't get it.
    Is she going to skate at Zagreb today? Without good signs of recovery form the injury? Will she skate "at her own risk?"
    I'm afraid I misunderstood google translation version of the article.
    Someone please explain her situation right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Thank you for the info. But I don't get it.
    Is she going to skate at Zagreb today? Without good signs of recovery form the injury? Will she skate "at her own risk?"
    I'm afraid I misunderstood google translation version of the article.
    Someone please explain her situation right now.
    Sokolovskaya said that Polina missed competitions and asked her "Let me compete somewhere", so they decided to go to Zagreb. They don't have any special plans, just want to try to skate both programs in competition and see if Polina is ready for Nationals or it's better to skip it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Sokolovskaya said that Polina missed competitions and asked her "Let me compete somewhere", so they decided to go to Zagreb. They don't have any special plans, just want to try to skate both programs in competition and see if Polina is ready for Nationals or it's better to skip it
    Thank you so much, Autumn_girl!!
    Now I understand the situation. Still I don't think it's a good idea to compete before the Nationals if you know you have not fully recover from the injury. Better to concentrate on recovering and practicing for the most important competition. Why can't her coach judge her situation from her daily practices.
    Anyway I hope she can compete at Nationals. It would be too tough for her if she can't.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Great article on Radionova. Thanks for posting.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/Makskovtun/statu...659456/photo/1

I guess Russian Fed has sacked Dimitri after his GPF fall...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Great photo!
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tamara Moskvina on Kavaguti/Smirnov's preparation for Nationals and Gerboldt/Enbert's injury status (they are not competing at Nationals): http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/7076.html

Nina Mozer interview titled (according to Google Translate) "We will take action": http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/27090/

Nikolai Morozov interview at GP Final: http://www.championat.com/other/arti...i-v-sochi.html

ETA article link in which Irina Rodnina states her disagreement with the limited number of fans that will be able to attend Russian Nationals in Sochi (no tickets will be on sale to the general public?!): http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121214/635761304.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-16-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    JGP Final champ Maxim Kovtun "talked to icenetwork.com about his recent success, his work with his new coaches and his plans to become a member of the Russian national team."
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Great interview!

Morozov said elsewhere that he fired Kovtun. I wonder if that was part of the dance to or that allowed him to switch coaches. Also, not having a male contender at the same rink may have played a part.

Tarasova always needs a young male to flutter over.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Julia L. is no longer listed on the official list for nationals. Piseev says due to injury.

vCash
    So no senior nationals then. Maybe junior?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Would Junior Nationals be more competitive than Seniors, or does everyone over the age of 10 do Senior Nationals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Would Junior Nationals be more competitive than Seniors, or does everyone over the age of 10 do Senior Nationals?
    As far as I know, only a few elite Junior skaters can be allowed to compete at Senior Nationals.
    This season, five 12-13 y/o single skaters will compete at Senior Nationals. In the past, Sotnikova, Gachinski and Plushenko also started participating in Senior Nationals at the age of 12/13.

But it seems that this is not inalterable rule. For example, there was a special case. When Tuktamysheva took part in her first Senior Nationals, she was only 11 (10/11 years old)

vCash
    ...didn't she win bronze, too?

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast