Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Um, seriously? Gachinski hasn't been "needed" at all, period. They just dust off the threat of Plushenko from time to time, and the other male skaters get tossed in the broom closet (not saying that's not often where they belong).
    well Gachsinki was their " Best " skater since Plushy was on and off the ice
    but I do see potential to the new younger russians like Kovtun or Petrov, they remind me of the old style Russian men who had more masculine stype of skating back in the early 90's , I don't know what happened to Gachinki, It certainly cant be pressure, he is not even in Top 3 atm in Russia, Menshov and Voronov have outscored him

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    But the fact is, Gachinski hasn't been their "best" skater since he won the surprise World's bronze. He's had no consistent follow-up to that, and has progressively worsened to the point that, as you say, Menshov and Voronov have throughout this season beaten him. He's never been their "thing" or "needed" at all, not while Plushenko still breathes and walks.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Tuk didn't do well though. She doesn't seem to skate well in Russia.

vCash
    Tuk tends to be very bad in short programs. She can usually have a really good free skate but not a sp.

I guess the world bronze and euro silver created expectations for success within gachinski that he just can't handle. Mishin said something like that

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post

I guess the world bronze and euro silver created expectations for success within gachinski that he just can't handle. Mishin said something like that
    Yeah and in addition to that he said something about a "second puberty". Makes sense since he had a second growth spurt this season.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Vera Bazarova interview: http://news.sport-express.ru/2012-12-07/553741/

EV: Vera, it must have been difficult for you, when in autumn, the doctors insisted on surgery for your injured hip?

Vera Bazarova (VB): It wasn't simple. First, the fact that we had to withdraw from Nebelhorn Trophy wasn't pleasant. Secondly, it was hard not to think that if the injury gets worse, surgery will be necessary anyway, and then the first half of the season will be wasted. The most difficult was to make a decision.

EV: Did the injury cause you much pain?

VB: No. The leg just felt very weak sometimes. Massages were the only thing that could help, and I still continue to do them. It allows to keep legs in working condition. Now I almost don't favor the leg neither on jumps nor on throws - do all the elements full force.

EV:This season, you said that you were able to change your skating thanks to the help of the choreographer Liudmila Vlasova. What did you learn from her?

VB:Liudmila Iosifovna teaches us to always remember about our emotions, posture, choregraphy. We worked with her last season, when we came to Novogorsk to train, we learned how to express the feelings, emotions on ice. It was her who helped us to find the right balance. She is present at our every practice, and even when we are very tired, she can find the right words to make us interested in the work we do again.

EV: Whose idea was to invite Vlasova to your team?

VB: It was our mutual decision. It wasn't very pleasant to listen constantly to press and the federation saying that our skating doesn't evoke any feelings, that we can only do the elements, and as for performance, not only don't express emotions, but sometimes don't even look at each other.

EV: Not to offend you, but it was how it looked.

VB: Do I argue that it didn't? That's why we were so captured by our collaboration with Vlasova. It was for her that we had, in fact, moved to Novogorsk from Saransk, and work there constantly. Even during the off-season we did the barre work and choreography in the class. I like working with her a lot. Liudmila Iosifovna inspires just by being in the class. She is a legendary woman who had a unique life in art.

EV: Did she tell you her story?

VB: I read about it a lot, and even watched a movie based on her biography. When my parents learned who I am to work with, they were impressed even more than I was. They couldn't believe that our chorographer is the Vlasova...

vCash
    ^ Wow, very candid interview! Thanks, quiqie!

I think this GPF showed their improvement to the best of their abilities. That was really magical.

vCash
    well now Diva Vera and her manservant must be very thrilled becoming Russian No.2

vCash
    Last edited by lala; 12-09-2012 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    I dont think its serious, Tuk was at the Gala

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I dont think its serious, Tuk was at the Gala
    Maybe..but how many jumps she has in gala number? I can't see the sense of that lie.... if she lied

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Maybe..but how many jumps she has in gala number? I can't see the sense of that lie.... if she lied

She added she had overcome injury and even thought of quitting after a poor short program Friday.
    "My knee hurt, I couldn't jump, and in the warm-up I had problems, so I'm now very satisfied," she said.

I think she was referring to overcame an injury the one she had in summer and not in top form
    I think she had knee problems maybe because she did she said on her twitter she had a severe colds that kept
    her in hospital for almost 1 week and started training again 1 week before the GPF ,

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djpcHXRVLh8&feature=plcp

I guess Zhulin is training them for pairs now...

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Can anyone kindly provide me with a complete list of the senior skaters for Russian Nationals? We are setting up the prediction contest for National competitions.

Thanks so much!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Nice to hear that Vera and Yuri are working with Ludmilla Vlasova (sorry, I had not heard of her, but I will read her life story sometime). I do see how much they have improved. However, the haters will not see any improvement in them. BTW those who are bashing Vera for her jumps need to realize that she is actually jumping with an injured hip. I applaud her for it. It shows her determination. Surgery would have meant writing off the whole season. My only concern is can she avoid the surgery for that long? The Olympics are just 14 months away.
    Last edited by Vash01; 12-10-2012 at 05:30 PM.

vCash
    There is no complete list yet, just preliminary one: http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1134.html

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    There is no complete list yet, just preliminary one: http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1134.html
    Thanks quiqie, this helps me at least get started working on the database!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Can anyone kindly provide me with a complete list of the senior skaters for Russian Nationals? We are setting up the prediction contest for National competitions.

Thanks so much!
    The full list is up with detailed qualification results:

Men
    Ladies
    Pairs
    Ice Dance

vCash
    Thank you very much for the links.

I guess Evgenia Medvedeva is/was injured and couldn't qualify?

ETA: No Plushenko on the men's side?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    The full list is up with detailed qualification results:
    Thanks for posting the links - I've transliterated all the names in a new Russian Nationals entries/info thread in Kiss and Cry:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ec-24-28-2012)
    Plushenko's name is still not listed.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast