Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I meant the advantage of her skating injured against Wagner, Asada, and Suzuki. I apologize for not being clear.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I meant the advantage of her skating injured against Wagner, Asada, and Suzuki. I apologize for not being clear.
    No problem.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Not if she's recovering from a concussion, she doesn't. A concussion is a brain injury, and recovery can take weeks or even months. During that time, she should be off the ice.
    Where did I say that she should skate injured? I was opining why it sucks especially for her that she can't skate at GPF. Others can at least go to Worlds. Her real season is basically over now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Where did I say that she should skate injured? I was opining why it sucks especially for her that she can't skate at GPF. Others can at least go to Worlds. Her real season is basically over now.
    Her real season is not over. She has Russian nationals coming in December and she will very likely go to junior worlds if she can't go to senior worlds.

vCash
    Isn't Jr. Nationals in January, if she needs a little longer to heal the concussion, and still qualify for Jr. Worlds?

vCash
    I think junior worlds are in February and I don't think Lipnitskaia needs to qualify. Considering that she placed as the top Russian lady in senior GPs, I am sure they will be more than happy to send her even without attending Russian nationals. Besides, except of Radionova there was no other junior Russian that would do that great during the JGP. Maybe also Pogorilaya did well enough, but the rest, not great. I am pretty sure Lipnitskaia has earned her spot.

vCash
    Russian Junior Nationals dates are Jan. 31-Feb. 3, 2013 in Saransk.

Senior Nationals are Dec. 24-28 in Sochi.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Russia doesn't use Nationals results to determine their World teams as strictly as the US does (in rule for National Champion and in practice).
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Where did I say that she should skate injured?
    Not in so many words. You did, however, say:

Julia needs to get all of the international high level experience she can before the Olympics, and that's why GPF is important.
    Your use of the present indicative, "needs," indicates that she has a present need to get experience. What she needs, at the moment, is to heal. Competition experience should not be something for her to worry about right now.

YEAH!
    vCash
    She does need (present tense) senior international experience, which unfortunately, the injury will prevent her from getting this season and I certainly never implied that she should go to GPF anyway. My comment was a response to suggestions that because she's Russian, GPF is less important for her, since there may be other national competitions organized at the Olympic venue by her federation. IMO getting a chance to test the rink, while important, is/was not as big of a deal for her as an opportunity to test her nerves against the top names one final time this season.

I agree with those that say she doesn't need to go to Nationals in order to get a slot to Jr Worlds. I guess she will go to JW if she can, for the ranking points, but I see it as a competition that carries little benefit (being 2x Jr World champ is not that much more prestigious than Jr World champ), but plenty of risk (losing to Radionova, as Sotnikova dropped to 3rd last year).

vCash
    anyone want to see the Esquire magazine, they have pages for Trankov, Larionov and Nikita, found some from webpages
    Larionov was in no way hot, he looked like a priest,

Larionov over Smirnov, pls. just because Bazarova/Larionov are Russian No. 2 pairs doesn't mean
    Larionov is more attractive than Smirnov

YEAH!
    vCash
    Yes of course we want to see.

vCash
    Yes of course we want to see.
    Bobrova in striped one piece bikini, looks hot in Esquire magazine, scroll down: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2020089611?pn=2
    Katsalapov from his tumblr http://fyeahilinykhkatsalapov.tumblr...esquire-russia
    Larionov on his account, nevermind maybe its too personal for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    anyone want to see the Esquire magazine, they have pages for Trankov, Larionov and Nikita, found some from webpages
    Larionov was in no way hot, he looked like a priest,

Larionov over Smirnov, pls. just because Bazarova/Larionov are Russian No. 2 pairs doesn't mean
    Larionov is more attractive than Smirnov
    I agree about Smirnov being better looking as well as Tkachenko. I don't think Bobrova is all that attractive but all the pictures were done very well.

I'm not sure how B/L got to be Russia's #2 all of a sudden; coming in ahead of someone who had surgery by only 1.26 points doesn't a dethroning make. If they consistently beat them at the GPF, nationals and Euros in the next couple of months, I will think differently.

I don't know how any got picked (probably not personality and/or looks) but it's a great opportunity for all of them.

vCash
    I agree. I have also doubts about Bazarova-Larionov being Russians #2. I do think that Kawaguti-Smirnov can beat them most of the time. Saying that, I don't deny how good Bazarova-Larionov really are. It is just that Russia is packed with great pairs. In most other countries Bazarova-Larionov would be #1.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Bobrova in striped one piece bikini, looks hot in Esquire magazine, scroll down: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2020089611?pn=2
    Katsalapov from his tumblr http://fyeahilinykhkatsalapov.tumblr...esquire-russia
    She looks beautiful. Nikita is hot... he should be a professional model.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    She looks beautiful. Nikita is hot... he should be a professional model.
    I agree and to think again that Elena has dumped him for Voldemorozov...
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Yeah idk. Elena seems like a very sweet and impressionable girl and it would appear Morozov took advantage of that to win her over, and she probably is just excited by the prospect of some older, accomplished man being "in love" with her. It's funny, looking at her in pictures where she's wearing little or no makeup, she looks so young, maybe like 16 or 15, making the age gap with Morozov appear even that more drastic.

Bobrova is very beautiful. I am starting to think that the myth about cameras adding 10 pounds is true though, most skaters look way thinner in photos then they do in videos....it makes me worry about how thin those that look really thin on video (like Vera) are in person :

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    How much the camera puts on goes from zero to a lot. We met Pang/Tong in person when they were the guests for the Colonial Travel dinner in Moscow in 2005, and I was frightened going in, but she looks exactly the same as she does on camera. (His face looked a bit gaunt by comparison.) I also saw Sakhnovski in person as Euros somewhere, and he looked exactly the same weight as he did on ice. (He wore glasses and was quite cute.) Muscular skaters tend to look a lot thicker on camera: Slutskaya is the poster girl for that, when she was quite small in person, and Duhamel would be invisible if she didn't wear PrincessLeppard boots.

vCash
    Can't see the bobrova pic.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast