Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    unfortunately i can not read the article, but i would wonder if russian fed would give a wild card to liza to euros or worlds.
    maybe if she can manage to win, but that´s very doubtful.

we know, how many russian women are out there and liza was not that dominating until now (although i have to admit that all the others girls did their best for liza getting a wild card )
    Liza was dominating the GP series last season as well though - but I agree that it's doubtful that she would get a WC to euros unless she places top 2

vCash
    Is Liza OK?

ETA: I finally got the article to translate on google chrome. The gist of it seems to be that Liza has had a bad cold for a while now and has missed a few days of training. However, because the GPF is in Sochi, sight of the Olys, they aren't even considering withdrawing.

Mishin says that if she does "very well" at the GPF, she will withdraw from Nats - last year they made a mistake in (doing so many competitions) - it doesn't really say his definition or criteria of "doing very well at GPF" (top 3?) or what the situation would be re Euros/Worlds if she was to withdraw (from Nats)

And then something or other about this being her first year to maybe go to Euros/Worlds and that therefore Nationals is important, but not vital if she wants to be there - "selection is more creative than in the US"
    Last edited by Loves_Shizuka; 11-29-2012 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Liza was dominating the GP series last season as well though - but I agree that it's doubtful that she would get a WC to euros unless she places top 2
    why would it be doubtful ?
    she has made the GPF again and have the best score amongst the russian ladies even at SC, in a not good form she can score good
    who will she compete with that Worlds/Euros spot , Sotnikova , Leonova, Makarova ? none of those girls are known for consistency

I'd say she has the biggest chances of them all going to Worlds/Euros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    why would it be doubtful ?
    she has made the GPF again and have the best score amongst the russian ladies even at SC, in a not good form she can score good
    who will she compete with that Worlds/Euros spot , Sotnikova , Leonova, Makarova ? none of those girls are known for consistency

I'd say she has the biggest chances of them all going to Worlds/Euros
    I'm just saying that I don't think the Russian Fed would give her direct entry if she just skipped Russian nats for no reason.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    No doubt they would send her. BTW how many world spots do they have? Can't remember how Markova placed last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emma1227 View Post
    No doubt they would send her. BTW how many world spots do they have? Can't remember how Markova placed last year.
    Three

vCash
    If Liza medals at GPF skipping nationals could be a good move. She would have the best scores and best results, plus at this point only Sotnikova and Leonova can be considered threats but with 3 spots for the team then she is pretty safe. Makarova, the Polinas and other dark horses would have to win nationals or beat both Adelina and Alena to actually be considered .

But then again, she hasnt won a national title so far and she really needs to stablish herself as Russia's #1 firmly instead of playing strategic withdrawals.

vCash
    Yagudin never won Nationals too so it really doesn't matter.

Don't know how injury-prone Tuk is, but I would think as long as she medals at GPF, there is no reason for the Rus Fed to not send her to Euros and Worlds. In fact, since she is the only age-eligible Russian lady to make GPF, and has been the most consistency out of everyone this season, I already don't see a reason not to lock her in for Euros and Worlds. Resting is important - I think the Rus Fed will be counting on her to be the highest place finisher at Euros and Worlds, so Nationals is nothing in comparison.

Given the general inconsistency of the rest of the ladies (Lip not age eligible), Nationals can be exciting. Sot usually pulls herself together by Nationals so I am not worried. I think Polina K can definitely make a run for the team, given Leonova's sloppiness this season. Makarova and Polina S will probably be non-factors again.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Disappointed to see Adelina deleted her instagram Would love to see Polina K make the team.

vCash
    I think Mishin's right on. If Lisa medals, she can, and probably should, get a bye to Euros, as the top eligible Russian woman based on GP ( Julia being too young). Russian Federation decides on a World team later, anyway. If she does not medal at GPF, she'll have to fight for her spot with the rest. Of course, even giving this interview is part of Mishin's strategy. But in this case I think he has it right.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Back competing after his withdrawal from the Cup of China GP - Artur Dmitriev SP at Russian Cup V (71.45, 2nd place): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-woGWnUCsk

I've revived the Russian Cup series thread in Kiss and Cry where results/links for the 5th event and earlier Russian competitions can be found: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3758101
    I dont have access yet to K&C, maybe soon I will

here are the FS too I found from other sites

Petrov http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanc3-fd9do
    Samarin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgSWn0T-r-E

hope some of this kids do well in Seniors so Plushy doesn't have to go back competing in 2018, lol

vCash
    I always forget Liza has never won Nats (though she's only 15 lol)

... unbelievable Yags never did it!!

vCash

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    for Lip. Hope it isn't anything serious. Not sure if she is still in for Nationals, if not, she will only have Jr Worlds left.

vCash
    Nooooooooooooooooo :

I guess her ankle is still bothering her, health is first, so I hope she completely heals it
    and kicks back at Junior Worlds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooo :

I guess her ankle is still bothering her, health is first, so I hope she completely heals it
    and kicks back at Junior Worlds
    According to an article on the Federation website, on Wednesday in practice Julia fell on the entry into a spin, hit her chin and suffered a light concussion. The doctors advised her not to compete.

Article: fsrussia.ru/news/302_yuliya-lipnickaya-snyalas-s-finala-gran-pri/

vCash
    She is so small and I always get the feeling that she is fragile. I hope she gets better soon, kick some ass in nats andsome more at JW.

vCash
    I'm glad they are holding her out.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's the direct link to the Russian article about Julia Lipnitskaia's injury provided by Eislauffan above: http://fsrussia.ru/news/302_yuliya-l...nala-gran-pri/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast