View Poll Results: Which US lady (other than Ashley Wagner) will most likey be going to Worlds?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mirai Nagasu

30 44.12%
  • Gracie Gold

29 42.65%
  • Christina Gao

7 10.29%
  • Agnes Zawaadski

1 1.47%
  • Someone else (please specify)

1 1.47%

vCash

Who will be the U.S.'s 2nd Ladies Entry for Worlds?

Ashley Wagner has to be the strong favorite , so who do you think will be the U.S.'s second lady qualifier for Worlds? Mirai, Gracie, Christina and Agnes have all posted scores in the 170's this season, it's going to be a really exciting US Nationals
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 11-27-2012 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    hey I was gonna make this thread

I pick Gold !

vCash
    I picked Gold too! The burden will be on Mirai and Agnes to show they are not headcases. Gold isn't especially consistent either, but her jumps are so impressive and she skates with amplitude. I'm thinking if she lands her jumps, her PCS will be very generous (even the international judges are giving her that). I do think if Mirai rotates her jumps and performs with verve, she's in another league from the other 3. For me, there's something rather Tonia Kwiatowski about Agnes (and it's not just her last name ). She's well-trained and has the skills, but there's not so much a star quality, and the mistakes compund the issue and make her an also-ran. Christina may be the most consistent of these ladies, but despite her great improvement this season, she hasn't garned great PCS, but still, she's definitely a wild card in this.

vCash
    Maybe it'll be so close that 4CC will be the deciding factor. But forever rooting for Mirai

vCash
    I picked Mirai because she has experience, and she seemed to skate quite well at the GP. It may come down to how everyone skates at the nationals. In the unlikely event that Mirai (or Gold) wins the national title (meaning automatic berth), Ashley will be selected as the #2. IMO it's not that far fetched, but Ashley will need to have a melt down for that to happen.

I really want Agnes to have a great skating career, but so far I am not seeing the mental toughness in her. She is young, and she could develop it, just like Ashley did. I think she is a post-2014 skater for the USA.

vCash
    I voted with my heart and picked Nagasu. Really, any of these skaters is capable of it. I probably should have picked Zawadski.

I don't think the USFS selectors will wait for 4CC to name the World team. They meet and make the announcement at Nationals. In theory, they will also look at GP results, but I think they will go with 1st & 2nd skaters at Nationals (assuming they are age-eligible). The only way they might not is if Wagner finishes 3rd.

Is Czisny sufficiently recovered to be at Nationals?

vCash
    There's already a Trash Can poll about this that hasn't closed yet. But the more, the merrier, I suppose.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ong-with-Wager

vCash
    Gold!

vCash
    As much as i would like Agnes to make it, it is very unlikely. Voted for Mirai because judges will give her components above Gold that i think will push her to second ( assuming she lands some clean jumps )

vCash
    Mirai by two points in this poll, and by one in the same poll started about a month before this one.

Some of us have even voted twice on the same poll in these different threads.

vCash
    Poor Gao, she skated very well at her 2nd event and her stock has still dropped well down.

vCash
    I'm surprised people aren't too faithful about Gao, Aside from Ashley, she was the US lady with the next best GP season, yeah she messed up the SP at TEB, but it wasn't a meltdown a la Gracie at SC, 3 out of 4 programs she put out were quite good and she still has room to peak this season, I wouldn't be shocked if she does quite well in Omaha.

vCash
    From what i've watched of Agnes she seems to be one of those sp skaters. The rest i think are pretty even.

I'm hoping for Mirai just because i like her skating the most and she has more experience than the others.

vCash
    I hope Nagasu or Gold.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    I'm surprised people aren't too faithful about Gao, Aside from Ashley, she was the US lady with the next best GP season, yeah she messed up the SP at TEB, but it wasn't a meltdown a la Gracie at SC, 3 out of 4 programs she put out were quite good and she still has room to peak this season, I wouldn't be shocked if she does quite well in Omaha.
    I think her potentional score is much lower than either Gold or Nagasu; however, if either of them make ANY mistakes, she is RIGHT there if she is clean.

vCash
    I think it's going to be Mirai, given the way she skated in her two GPs. She seems surprisingly consistent, as compared to the last couple of seasons. Gold is not consistent enough yet.

vCash
    I think with Mirai, the technical caller becomes a big factor, her jump rotations are frequently suspect. Gold, Gao, and Zawadski have got to be among the most gifted jumpers ever to get to US Nats. It's interesting that Mirai and Ashley have the maturity and total package, but Christina/Agnes/Gracie have the jumps.