Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

vCash
    I too would be interested to know who was jumping up and down in some back area when the winners were announced. I was soooooo thrilled for Tony. The look on his face -- priceless.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Very happy at the result.
    Loved Tony/Melissa's and Pro's reaction to the win.

Pro dancing is an "insular" world; and I believe that these people really care for each other.
    That's great to see.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post

Pro dancing is an "insular" world; and I believe that these people really care for each other.
    That's great to see.
    You either like each other or hate each other, at least within your own generation. (I would feel very awkward dancing with Louis, for example, he and my primary teacher from Boston are, as far as I can tell, not very friendly with each other, dating from their pro careers. Conversely, I'd be happy to work with Tristan again, I'm not a FAN of Maks's judging but I think he's generally fair and despite the 'bad boy' thing every time I've seen him interact with fans he's been a complete sweetheart, at my new studio Tony's old partner Elena comes to do coaching a lot...) Even when you don't LIKE someone, like a lot of people find Corky a bit...well, in fairness I don't know many male Latin dancers without an ego and at least his is justified, but when he started in pro-am many, many MANY people found it a golden opportunity to take him down a peg or three, there's still respect unless there's a REALLY good reason not to. And from what I have heard, pros tend not to last on DWTS without meshing well with the rest of the cast. I would guess at this point most of them have a pretty tight bond (heck, he and Maks have been good friends a long time, since before the show) and they're probably very happy for Tony.

As far as loving to teach, yeah, but there's a difference between being handed a 'non-dancer' like an athlete, or even a Bristol, and being given a non-dancer like...well, Kate. And it does help when you get someone who's got a built-in fan base.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Melissa's win was so satisfying and great! There was so much genuine joy. Tony has looked haggard this season; he might consider taking some time off.

That was the best finale in ages. No musical guests, outside dancers, or troupe (unless they were in the opening number)... just the dancers from this season, yay.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Wheeee, so happy for Tony and Melissa. Tony was so happy, it was great to see. And Maks, Val, etc. were like "yay, one of us, not the wonderkids!!!!"

I was still wishing for Gilles in the final, and if not Gilles, Shawn, Melissa, then Sabrina or Apolo should have been in it. But Kelly worked really hard, and Val did a great job with her.

Now we need Maks & Anna to win. And for Tristan to get a good partner.

I have to say, I kind of love that Gangnam Style routine. It is so nutty.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    So happy for Tony to finally win!! Oh, and Melissa too. It actually took me a second to react to when Tom said "now they have one too" because I heard it as "now they have won two" and I thought it was Shawn and Derek that won!
    That's what I heard it as too -- I wasn't looking at the TV and really was expecting to hear "Shawn and Derek" so it took me a moment to realize that Melissa & Tony had actually won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Wheeee, so happy for Tony and Melissa. Tony was so happy, it was great to see. And Maks, Val, etc. were like "yay, one of us, not the wonderkids!!!!"
    Yes it was!
    Now we need Maks & Anna to win. And for Tristan to get a good partner.
    Hoping that happens.
    I have to say, I kind of love that Gangnam Style routine. It is so nutty.
    I do, too. I missed seeing it on the night they first performed it, but it was so wonderfully wacky.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    I was thrilled with Melissa & Tony's win, and very happy with the way the rest of the dancers showed their sportsmanship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I was thrilled with Melissa & Tony's win, and very happy with the way the rest of the dancers showed their sportsmanship.
    Tony's reaction to winning was so great. And this genuinely looked like a very, very happy crowd on the dance floor last night, with Val and Maks really celebrating.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Just me
    vCash
    I loved that Shawn's immediate reaction was joy for Melissa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsB3xtbMPWE

(sorry for the quality of the video)

The two seemed to be very close and supportive of each other as the season came closer to the end. Classy ladies, both of them.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    I loved that Shawn's immediate reaction was joy for Melissa.

The two seemed to be very close and supportive of each other as the season came closer to the end. Classy ladies, both of them.
    I think Shawn was truly happy for Melissa, but I think the reaction you're seeing is confusion. When Tom said, "too," I think it was construed as "two." Shawn thought she won. Then once he said, "Melissa and Tony," she just kept up the smile. I don't think it was insincere, but I don't think it was as intense as if she knew right away she'd lost.

vCash
    Apollo's reaction was pretty cool too!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Does anyone else think the producers tipped Derek off? He seemed mopey before the announcement, whereas Tony seemed apprehensive. Derek is usually more confident. And he also made a comment after getting the instant dance scores that the season was so great or whatever "no matter the placement" and that sounded so not like Derek IMO.

vCash
    I must have one of the few who heard it correctly and went they have one too? Yipeeeeeee before he announced their names.
    Still wishing I knew who did those jumps of joy with their backs to the camera ... and apparently "bleeped" out -- at least on the YT version.

As for Shawn smiling, it looked to me like she didn't smile til after the names were announced. Melissa OTOH, seemed to hear it as "two" instead of "too" cause she immediately looked over at the end of that sentence at Shawn & Derek and then it's announced as she and Tony as the winners and she seems happily shocked. I agree that Tony looked apprehensive, likely hoping against hope that maybe, this time, might be his time. Sheer joy on the faces of those two, and it was wonderful to see.
    Crazy about sports!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    to Derek, too, for lifting up Melissa, too, after Tony was boosted up by Maks and Val.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I must have one of the few who heard it correctly and went they have one too? Yipeeeeeee before he announced their names.
    Still wishing I knew who did those jumps of joy with their backs to the camera ... and apparently "bleeped" out -- at least on the YT version.
    That was Maks and Val, I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I think Shawn was truly happy for Melissa, but I think the reaction you're seeing is confusion. When Tom said, "too," I think it was construed as "two." Shawn thought she won. Then once he said, "Melissa and Tony," she just kept up the smile. I don't think it was insincere, but I don't think it was as intense as if she knew right away she'd lost.
    I don't know, she looked right at them when Tom said "one, too." If she thought she had one, she would have looked to Derek, I think.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLIS View Post
    That was Maks and Val, I think.
    Yes it was (if you don't no yet)confirmed by one of the 'entertainment' shows today. I loved it. Very happy for Melissa and especially Tony and I love both Maks and Val and I don't care who knows it. I'm convinced the lack of clothing and artifical romance is all pushed on them by the show anyhow. When you peel the crap away Val does seem like a nice guy and both Sherri Shepherd and Kelly speak in glowing terms about him. So I still love the brothers faults and all.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Both Maks and Val have reputations for being temperamental, and not necessarily in ways that benefited their competitive careers. (Maks is not known for keeping quiet when he doesn't like results and Val quit competing over the whole WDSF/WDF "freedom to dance" "we wanna be in the Olympics" mess. Seriously, all WDSF needs is a $peedy and they'll be the ISU Mark II at this rate...) And I'm sure they don't MIND being TV sex gods, so if there's pushing I doubt it's very hard. But I've seen Maks at least deal with fans in person and he's never been anything but a total sweetheart. I think they're probably really intense teachers and probably can be hard to get along with, but I can't imagine they're really "bad boys." (And needless to say I think Hope Solo's full of...something that's not Shineola.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Both Maks and Val have reputations for being temperamental, and not necessarily in ways that benefited their competitive careers. (Maks is not known for keeping quiet when he doesn't like results and Val quit competing over the whole WDSF/WDF "freedom to dance" "we wanna be in the Olympics" mess. Seriously, all WDSF needs is a $peedy and they'll be the ISU Mark II at this rate...) And I'm sure they don't MIND being TV sex gods, so if there's pushing I doubt it's very hard. But I've seen Maks at least deal with fans in person and he's never been anything but a total sweetheart. I think they're probably really intense teachers and probably can be hard to get along with, but I can't imagine they're really "bad boys." (And needless to say I think Hope Solo's full of...something that's not Shineola.)

Only time I saw Maks in person was when our family was in Paris. We had gone to Versailles and Maks and Karina and their entourage were there. They were rather obnoxiously loud and pushy. However, that was when he and Karina were "engaged". So, maybe he's grown up. He does come across as a caring, but temperamental person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    (And needless to say I think Hope Solo's full of...something that's not Shineola.)
    If you go back to her US team days, seems she's got some issues going on. No way they bench someone that talented unless they're doing something that can damage the team. I'm inclined to take anything she says with a ton of NaCl.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast